Osmo Mobile + S7 Edge + Bike Mount footage shaking like crazy
5501 14 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mVcKyUL3B0mf
lvl.1

Cyprus

I'm using the DJI Osmo Mobile with an S7 Edge and the Bike mount on a mountain bike with full suspension and recording through the DJI Go app (i've set the gimbal to sport mode). I've set up the bike mount correctly so that the mount suspension is vertical to the ground yet the footage is incredible shaky. I've seen videos on youtube where everything was buttery smooth. What am i doing wrong?

Here's the footage:

2016-10-1
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

oh, boy....
That is a Z-AXIS shake (up-down). Unfortunately is seems that the osmo mobile does not support the Z-AXIS addon so I guess this is as good as it will get....
2016-10-1
Use props
apkhou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3802 ft
United States

classic you dont get what you see case.

You are not doing anything wrong.
Its just  like the McD or Subway Ads.. where the burgers / Sandwiches look awesome in Ad.., but when you really go and order., the kind of food/presentation that you see is CRAP.

DJI is no different..... dont get me started on the features.. bugs in the Apps, and the lack of support..
2016-10-1
Use props
FrustratedOsmoM
lvl.1

Cyprus

omriamos Posted at 2016-10-1 18:38
oh, boy....
That is a Z-AXIS shake (up-down). Unfortunately is seems that the osmo mobile does not s ...

Yeah but non of the other youtube videos with smooth outtakes had z-axis mounts either, i.e:

2016-10-1
Use props
FrustratedOsmoM
lvl.1

Cyprus

apkhou Posted at 2016-10-1 18:48
classic you dont get what you see case.

You are not doing anything wrong.

Yeah but this goes beyond that as the footage is worse than if I'd strapped a gopro or a phone straight to the handlebars. Whats the point of a mount with a spring if it does absolutely nothing. Can anyone from DJI comment on the footage please? I really don't get how all the other youtube bike mount videos are silky smooth. If I was on a road bike I'd understand but I was on a mountain bike with decent suspension, when you're riding you don't feel anything.
2016-10-1
Use props
y5Ox0asih6f6
lvl.2

United States

FrustratedOsmoM Posted at 2016-10-2 00:31
Yeah but this goes beyond that as the footage is worse than if I'd strapped a gopro or a phone str ...

none of the footage you posted uses an Osmo Mobile. Could it be a weight issue? Weight of your phone vs the weight of the DJI Cameras and the ability of the motors to adapt given the weights?
2016-10-1
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

Anyone with an Osmo Mobile can share a similar footage?

Just a quick comparison, here's are two Ikan Fly-X3-Plus sample videos:

You can see that it's doing AMAZING JOB, while the osmo mobile sample videos I saw (on this forum) shows a completely different story
And that's really a shame because I really wanted to like the osmo mobile... it has some cool features + multiple accessories like a tripod, extension arm, cold-show connectors for light/mic...

2016-10-2
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

Found this during my daily youtube search
Looks fairly good, but keep in mind that he was using the Galaxy S7 that have both optical image stabilization and software image stabilization (the video is cropped a little) so it might helped.

2016-10-2
Use props
xjyyzq
lvl.1

Singapore

same issure
2016-10-2
Use props
jefferson_basa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121654 ft
Philippines

same issue for me.
2016-10-5
Use props
jefferson_basa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121654 ft
Philippines

My clips have bobbing effect and very noticeable. I am using edge6 plus and I am very disappointed on this product.
2016-10-5
Use props
charmthepi
lvl.1

sure you werent in a earthquake!? lol
2016-10-8
Use props
charmthepi
lvl.1

y5Ox0asih6f6 Posted at 2016-10-2 10:15
none of the footage you posted uses an Osmo Mobile. Could it be a weight issue? Weight of your pho ...

that is exactly what it is! he's showing footage of the osmo but his footage is with the osmo mobile... 2 totally different beast!
2016-10-8
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

So the conclusion is that the osmo mobile sucks?
2016-10-8
Use props
charmthepi
lvl.1

omriamos Posted at 2016-10-8 23:09
So the conclusion is that the osmo mobile sucks?

yes, in that aspect. to be truthful i wish i had kept my osmo mobile, i have all the attachments for it z axis and all! so when they made the mobile a 1 piece unit, i was furious!
2016-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules