Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
why so many updates???????????????????
1709 8 2015-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeepinocala
lvl.4

United States

Why are there so many updates? Dont say it's for extra options. I have to only wonder why so many is it to add resrictions that may be crashing peoples drones?
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

These new updates have been coming a few at a time, but the main reason so many now is some idiot crashed on the Whitehouse lawn.
2015-2-1
Use props
rod
First Officer

New Zealand

I have applied all of the updates following the installation instructions to the letter and my bird flies perfectly.  There may also be unannounced fixes to glitches in the software that they would rather not talk about- that is why I always apply every update-it has been written to fix something!

And yes, new flight zone restrictions are a part of that thanks to a moron- happily for me I am a little way away from USA, down here at the bottom of the world in New Zealand!
Cheers!
Rod
2015-2-1
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

rod Posted at 2015-2-2 02:38
I have applied all of the updates following the installation instructions to the letter and my bird ...

They don't wont you crashing into any hobbits
2015-2-1
Use props
TenCentsWorth
Second Officer

Australia

It was refreshing to get a post from DJI announcing the update and listing the changes but it has been proven they did not list them all.

The GPS firmware change was not listed and that concerns me. It may just be a change to make it compatible with the other changes but again it could be something else best kept secret. We will probably never know.

I would prefer to be kept completely in the loop but Phantoms might never crash!

Regards

Guy MacDonald (yvfe)
2015-2-1
Use props
allbritt.email
lvl.3

United States

rod Posted at 2015-2-2 02:38
I have applied all of the updates following the installation instructions to the letter and my bird ...

Just don't crash and hit any kiwis!   I have been to NZ and I can't even imagine all the beautiful places I would take arial videos!  Please post some when you can!
2015-2-1
Use props
TenCentsWorth
Second Officer

Australia

allbritt.email Posted at 2015-2-2 06:44
Just don't crash and hit any kiwis!   I have been to NZ and I can't even imagine all the beautiful ...

Yea but Australia is bigger and we have more Kiwis over here

Regards

Guy MacDonald (c73e)
2015-2-1
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TenCentsWorth Posted at 2015-2-2 12:23
Yea but Australia is bigger and we have more Kiwis over here  

Regards

2015-2-2
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.3

United States

What do you mean by "so many?"  This is the first update in months.  Each application needs to be updated sometimes to be compatible with each other.  Also, restrictions do not crash people's drones.  I think you're confused about what the software does.  You'll want to re-read your manuals and the version history notes.  Also, you'll want to stop drinking the Kool-Aid.  And be aware that The Onion is not a real news reporting agency.  And rest, assured that the government is not putting mind-control drugs into the water supply.
2015-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules