Mavic Product page clarification - Gimbal Cover
2129 6 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MuchMitchies
lvl.2

I was looking through the Mavic product page and all the photo seem have the drone pictured with Dome Shaped Gimbal cover. However if you navigate to the "What's in the box" tab No Dome Shaped Gimbal Cover is listed. There is a Gimbal Clamp but it's not the cover.

Further the Dome shaped gimbal cover is listed as an accessory that can be purcahsed separately for $11 USD

Although not a deal breaker for me at least it would be nice to have without further charge.
2016-10-1
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe if you look at the items 'IN THE BOX', the MAVIC airframe includes one battery and the gimbal cover.

In_The_BOX

In_The_BOX

The cover will be used optionally, likely in sport mode or when exceptional photography isn't required and will likely need to be replaced with use. That's probably why it's added as an accessory on the the DJI Store, where you can get all things DJI...
2016-10-1
Use props
y5Ox0asih6f6
lvl.2

terrylewis Posted at 2016-10-2 02:51
I believe if you look at the items 'IN THE BOX', the MAVIC airframe includes one battery and the gim ...

Thanks! oops my fault.
2016-10-1
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

However, In China there have been Mavics seen with both a clear dome Gimbal cover AND a clear plastic gimbal clamp!

Which will the Mavic ship with and since the gimbal is very 'floppy' if it doesn't ship with a clamp (which would make sense and protect the gimbal - WHY NOT?)
2016-10-7
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-10-7 16:17
However, In China there have been Mavics seen with both a clear dome Gimbal cover AND a clear plasti ...

I cannot wait my says pending for shipment and I hope it leaves china soon and on its way to my address because I want to unbox and fly the thing already.
2016-10-7
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-10-7 04:17
However, In China there have been Mavics seen with both a clear dome Gimbal cover AND a clear plasti ...

The MAVIC kit "IN THE BOX" page indicates that the kit will ship with both:

Gimbal Clamp.png             Gimbal Cover.png                                  
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

watuse Posted at 2016-10-7 16:37
I cannot wait my says pending for shipment and I hope it leaves china soon and on its way to my ad ...

And so do probably several hundred thousand other people
2016-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules