Missing Videos???
7500 14 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
whiskydamon
lvl.1

I got my Osmo mobile right before I left for Europe on my honeymoon. I really, really like it but I've noticed a really horrible bug. I'm not sure who's fault it is, but I think it's the fault of the DJI app.
The first incident happened when we left from our hotel to go to the train station in Venice. We left at dawn and took a water taxi. I got the most incredible footage driving through the canals with the Osmo mobile. When I got onto the train and went to upload it it was GONE. Every other time I recorded a video it was in my camera roll immediately. I was absolutely heartbroken and chalked it up to me making a mistake and not hitting record.
Then a few days later in Rome it happened again at the Colloseum. I hit record (I'm paying extra attention now) and I hit stop and the video had disappeared. It wasn't in my camera roll. However when I went into the DJI app there it was. I had to manually hit "save" and then it appeared in my camera roll. Unfortunately that Venice video is gone.
I'm home now and just noticed that a 3 minute video in front of The Vatican is also missing. What the fuck?
I went outside to take a test video in my driveway and the same thing happened where I had to manually save the video from the app. The fact that some videos just disappear is mindboggling. Is anyone else having this problem?
At this point I think I want to record from a different app altogether. If anybody has suggestions on what app to use let me know!

Side note: I'm using an iphone 6+ and it seems as if the iphone is fighting the osmo and there's jitters in the shot. Is there an app that I can use that shuts off the iphone's stabilization?

I'm in an abusive relationship with DJI. Another amazing DJI product with horrible flaws.

2016-10-1
Use props
wrcveen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177789 ft
Netherlands

Click on the play button in the camera. I don't have all my footage as well when I open the editor on the main screen. It is worthless that the Go app does not automatically save to the iPhone photos app.
2016-10-1
Use props
whiskydamon
lvl.1

wrcveen@gmail.c Posted at 2016-10-2 05:07
Click on the play button in the camera. I don't have all my footage as well when I open the editor o ...

Yea I did that but I've lost 2 videos completely! Someone said using filmic pro is the way to go.
2016-10-1
Use props
QVvl164GaqS6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 580007 ft
Spain

I have the same issue.  I'm not sure if the DJI Go app update changed anything, but now all my images and video are just in the DJI app rather than the native Photo app on the iPhone.  This means I need to go through each clip/photo and save to get to into iPhoto which is a huge PITA..,
2016-10-1
Use props
DrVee
lvl.2
Australia

They changed the DJI Go App in version 3 - so it only saves to the DJI Go app.  This means if you want to use your footage anywhere else you need to go through each individual clip and photo and download to your device one by one....
2016-10-1
Use props
whiskydamon
lvl.1

DrVee Posted at 2016-10-2 15:16
They changed the DJI Go App in version 3 - so it only saves to the DJI Go app.  This means if you wa ...

That's idiotic. Now that I've gone through all of my footage I've lost a total of 3 clips completely. I don't think I'll ever get to ride through the canals of Venice at dawn again so I'm a bit annoyed...
2016-10-2
Use props
DrVee
lvl.2
Spain

Not good, looks like I've lost 3 days of photos too.  Also I've just realised that if you want to create a video with still photos, you can't do that with the DJI Go app.  If you lose your phone, you'll also lose your footage - before I had photos being saved to iCloud automatically which was an awesome backup.
2016-10-2
Use props
StefanvWilgen
New

Netherlands

Lost 20 video files from my X3 camera. I have the files in the DJI Go App but not on my SD card :-/ Couldn't finish my Aftermovie from a weekend trip
2016-10-3
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Come on DJI, why would you force us to use your App to watch and save our videos, you guys really need to hire someone with half a brain...
2016-10-3
Use props
giftXmllvd7e
New

United States

I also have missing videos and ZERO of the photos I took are showing up in the DJI GO app. Anyone else missing photos as well as videos?

Utterly ridiculous DJI requires each and every video to be individually downloaded to photos.

Is there not a way to use lightning/usb cable attached to computer and simply see a list of all the files and transfer that way, like you would an MicroSD card etc.?

2016-10-8
Use props
DrVee
lvl.2
Australia

Try connecting your OSMO Mobile to your phone - as if you are going to take footage.  Then click on the play button (as if you are going to review footage) - click "manage" and then photos or video to find what your looking for.  It's crazy that you only have access to some of this footage when you have the device enabled.
2016-10-8
Use props
giftXmllvd7e
New

United States

DrVee Posted at 2016-10-8 14:59
Try connecting your OSMO Mobile to your phone - as if you are going to take footage.  Then click on  ...

This worked DrVee and I'm happy to have found the missing photos and videos. Obviously a glaring issue with the software and completely unacceptable. Hope DJI addressed this quickly - there will be many unhappy campers if this continues.
2016-10-9
Use props
silvr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200509 ft
Japan

Same problem here. This is freaking stupid!
2016-10-29
Use props
madmentoday
New

Indonesia

This might be late reply, but the same thing happened to me. What I did to recover the missing videos, was connecting my iPhone to iTunes on my Macbook. Then on the apps list on iTunes, go to DJI Go app, and drag and drop a folder called "hg300 storage" to your desktop. You will get all of the videos on your DJI apps, even those which can't be seen on the apps itself. Hope this helps.
2016-11-16
Use props
madmentoday
New

Indonesia

sorry i posted twice somehow.
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules