Naza V2 with remote DJ6 not connecting
4041 24 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

Hey all.
I bought a hobby drone from a guy. It has the Naza V2 stack and a DJ6 radio.  it used to all work.  It's been a while since I've tried to fly the drone.  Had to make some repairs.  I had to undo some of the wireing connections. I reconnected everything. I'm 99% sure I reconnected correctly.  However, when I try to use the remote to start the props, they just don't do anything anymore.

if I connect the drone to my PC, open up the software assistant, I can test each motor and get a test spin out of them.  

Is it possible for the Naza and the remote controller to have become un paired?  If so, how to I get them reconnected?   

Also what type of remote is the DJ6?  Is it :
* Traditional?
* D-Bus?
* PPM?

2016-10-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you're using a DR16 receiver, it's a D-bus receiver.
2016-10-1
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

Not sure what the receiver is. Here are a couple pictures of it.  I tried to just embed the images into the post but  they showed up as broken images... Sorry.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkUsUym1Z8bx5ivhg1LCVpUhbSQq
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkUsUym1Z8bx5iz7FLvhr6LeXJJe

Also the Naza MV2 LED just blinks red non stop
2016-10-1
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

Just a little bump for help.
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-10-2 13:03
Not sure what the receiver is. Here are a couple pictures of it.  I tried to just embed the images i ...

To clarify, what is this connected to? Is this a Phantom 2, a Phantom 1 or a makeshift unit? Just as a heads up, if you hit "reply" to the post you want to respond to, it will send a notification to the person.
2016-10-3
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-3 21:41
To clarify, what is this connected to? Is this a Phantom 2, a Phantom 1 or a makeshift unit? Just  ...

It's a home made drone. I purchased it from a guy who put it together. It's sitting on a Tarot 6 rotor frame.
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-10-5 08:28
It's a home made drone. I purchased it from a guy who put it together. It's sitting on a Tarot 6 r ...

It should read as either a PPM or DBus receiver. To clarify, does the LED at the bottom of the receiver indicate either a blinking or solid red?
2016-10-5
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-5 14:45
It should read as either a PPM or DBus receiver. To clarify, does the LED at the bottom of the rec ...

Blinking red. Continuous. Never stops.
HOWEVER... It does not blink red if connected to a PC via the USB cable.
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-10-6 11:02
Blinking red. Continuous. Never stops.
HOWEVER... It does not blink red if connected to a PC via  ...

Could you clarify, how do you have the cable connected to the main controller? Do you know the linking procedure for a Phantom 1 or Phantom 2 RC?
2016-10-5
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-5 20:55
Could you clarify, how do you have the cable connected to the main controller? Do you know the lin ...

I have a USB cable that goes into the Naza M2 LED box, that goes into my PC
I do not know how to properly pair the two. I was hoping someone might be able to assist me in that.

*EDIT*
I should clarify that I know there are linking instructions for the full drone in the manual, but, I'm not sure how to do this for the RC and the Naza M2
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-10-6 12:10
I have a USB cable that goes into the Naza M2 LED box, that goes into my PC
I do not know how to pr ...

Sorry I should have been clearer, how do you have the receiver cables connected to the main controller? What color is the LED on the receiver? The binding procedure is as follows:

1- Turn off the transmitter, then turn on the aircraft. The LED on the receiver should be red.
2- Press the black link button and hold it until you see the small LED on the receiver blinking red.
3- Once it starts blinking, let go of the button and turn on the transmitter.

2016-10-6
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-6 07:51
Sorry I should have been clearer, how do you have the receiver cables connected to the main contro ...

I can take a photo of the receiver connected to the Naza this evening when I get home from work.  Also l will try the steps you just outlined.

Thanks!
Rick
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-10-6 23:04
I can take a photo of the receiver connected to the Naza this evening when I get home from work.   ...

Please keep me posted.
2016-10-6
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

Here is a picture of how I have the receiver and Naza connected.  Note that I have two wires that are NOT connected that come from the usb/led port and the gps.  I removed those for image clarity.

Naza1.jpg
Naza2.jpg
2016-10-6
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-10-7 10:35
Here is a picture of how I have the receiver and Naza connected

Ok, so I followed your instructions.  
Receiver off
Powered on drone
Held button on receiver until it blinked red
Turned on transmitter.

Still nothing

Also, I wanted to remind ensure that I was clear, I'm also seeing a continuous blinking red light on the Naza M2 led box.  It's this picture

Naza3.jpg
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-10-7 10:48
Ok, so I followed your instructions.  
Receiver off
Powered on drone

After performing the RC link, what is the LED color on the Receiver green, red or off? What color is the LED on the RC? What do you see when you connect the Naza into the Assistant Software?
2016-10-7
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-7 23:31
After performing the RC link, what is the LED color on the Receiver green, red or off? What color  ...

The radio LED is red. Always red. Never changes color rather the drone is powered up or not.
The radio receiver
* If the radio transmitter is OFF, the receiver LED is red
* If the radio transmitter is ON, the receiver LED turns off

The LED on the Naza itself always blinks red, but as soon as I plug it into the PC it stops blinking and is solid green. This is even before I start the Assistant Software
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-10-8 01:34
The radio LED is red. Always red. Never changes color rather the drone is powered up or not.
The r ...

So far your receiver is behaving accoringly. Is your RC fully charged? If the LED on the Naza is blinking red and not yellow, then this means that your RC is registering the unit is in failsafe mode. How does the unit behave in the Assistant Software?
2016-10-7
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-7 11:38
So far your receiver is behaving accoringly. Is your RC fully charged? If the LED on the Naza is b ...

When you ask, how does it behave in Assistant Software.  What exactly are you asking for? Is there something specific I can get you?

I'm not very familiar with the software. In fact, pretty new to drones as a whole. I got into this for fun/hobby/development.  But still coming to grips with all the terminology and tech as a whole.

2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-10-8 04:39
When you ask, how does it behave in Assistant Software.  What exactly are you asking for? Is there ...

What I mean is, are you able to connect to the Assistant? When you go into the RC settings, are you able to see RC movement or see any response when DBus is selected? Do you get any error messages?
2016-10-7
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-8 04:51
What I mean is, are you able to connect to the Assistant? When you go into the RC settings, are yo ...

Well... Now I have a new problem. One I've seen in the past.
When I launch Assistant, it gets stuck on the boot up splash screen with an arrow saying "Skip"
After skipping, nothing is connected.  

I had this working last week. Windows 10 just updated and now I'm seeing it again. Problem is, I don't recall where I seen the information to get past this.

2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-10-8 06:19
Well... Now I have a new problem. One I've seen in the past.
When I launch Assistant, it gets stuc ...

You may need to troubleshoot compatibility with the Naza Assistant Software in order to get it to connect. You may need to use the "troubleshoot compatibility" function for both the WinDriver and the Assistant Software. Double check any settings that could be restricting access. In regards to "Skip", you don't need to worry about that. Skip is basically the same as "Continue" for this program.
2016-10-7
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-8 06:30
You may need to troubleshoot compatibility with the Naza Assistant Software in order to get it to c ...

Ok, I got past that issue. I had to go back and setup COM3 again.  We are back to where we were.

Ok, I bring up the assistant software. Both lights at the bottom left of the window are lit. The left one is green, the right one is flashing blue really quickly.

Under basic, I bring up the RC tab. I click the start button for calibration. I move the sticks on the RC and nothing happens at all.  This happens on both "Command Sticks Calibration" and "Sticks Monitor"

Also, nothing happens when I move the switches on the radio either.
2016-10-7
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-10-8 06:41
Ok, I got past that issue. I had to go back and setup COM3 again.  We are back to where we were.

Also one more thing... In the bottom left corner of my screen, I get a popup that says
VOL-LOW[4]
Voltage Low

My drone battery is FULLY charged. And I'm pretty sure the batteries in the remote are brand new. It's been a while, but when I bought this from the guy, I had to buy new batteries for the radio transmitter.  I've only used my drone a few times.... Before it all stopped working.

2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-10-8 06:58
Also one more thing... In the bottom left corner of my screen, I get a popup that says
VOL-LOW[4]

You may need to check your voltage settings to ensure that you have your battery levels set correctly. If you're using a 4S battery, please make sure that the cell reading is also set to 4S. In addition, you would want to check with the full battery voltage is correct when it is being read by the Assistant. This means taking a voltage checker to your batteries and comparing it to what's read in the voltage section. For the RC, what is the receiver set to in the Basic > RC section?
2016-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules