Osmo+ Audio Delay
4132 18 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197953 ft

I received my Osmo+ last week 9/29 and noticed that sometimes I cam getting about 1/2s audio delay with respect to the video.  This only happens on the first video that is recorded when I start the Osmo+ cold.  I have the Rode VideoMicro connected.  I have done some troubleshooting and can consistently get this to happen.

Here are my steps:
1) Plug in Rode VideoMicro, SD Card, Battery etc.  Like you are getting ready for a shoot
2) Turn on Osmo (It doesn't matter if you have the DJI Go app connected or not)
3) Record video
4) Record another video

You will notice when you preview or directly download them to your phone/ipad/computer that the first video's audio is always delayed.

My work-around for this is the have the VideoMicro unplugged before booting up the OSMO+ then plug it in after it is started.  Sounds like something that can be fixed in a firmware update....Unless I am the only one having this happen???

I have a 32gb class 10 SD card, recording at 4k 30fps, Audio default, Inner mic off.
2016-10-1
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

Osmo Plus user here and also having audio sync issues, for me it starts off in sync then starts to drift after 5 - 7 minutes and get worse from then.

Using the in the box mic.

Nexus 5 mobile - Android 6.0.1  DJI Go App  3.0.0(500)

DJI Osmo Plus - Firmware 1.1.0.30

2016-10-14
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

Same here... osmo+
2016-10-14
Use props
DrTones
lvl.1

United States

Same here! Finding it VERY difficult to find any user info on this product. Not many people went for the + I guess? Anyway... the audio situation is ridiculous. Hopefully this is a firmware issue that can be resolved. I don't have time to be messing around with trying to sync the audio to my $700 camera
2016-10-16
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DrTones Posted at 2016-10-17 11:33
Same here! Finding it VERY difficult to find any user info on this product. Not many people went for ...

Sorry about your experience, we'll fix this issue through firmware, thank you.
2016-10-16
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-17 06:19

HaHaHa - LOL.

This has been an issue with the classic Osmo from the very beginning and still is an issue.
DJI never sufficiently fixed that bug.

Nothing but unhold promises and put offs...

Shame on you DJI!
2016-10-16
Use props
marjamar
lvl.3
United States

Just got my OSMO+ last Friday and have been having fun figuring out how they have AE controls setup.  Got that figured out pretty much and yesterday my son and I went out to play some disc golf and so took the OSMO along.  Took some shots and put it up on my youtube and watched it later to see I am out of sync on the last clip for sure and could be out a few other perhaps as well.  It's the camera as the clips have the audio and video linked and I did not unlink them during editing.  This is pretty serious as it is a pain to get sync back in post.  Reposting this footage over after fixing the sync issue, but the original is up for a bit with this URL.  It's the last selfie clip that is visibly out of sync by about 1/2 second or so.

2016-10-17
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

"...This has been an issue with the classic Osmo from the very beginning and still is an issue.
DJI never sufficiently fixed that bug..."

That issue was around on the original Osmo, but fixed with the firmware that dji issued earlier this year. I tested it at that time, and I tested it a week ago and -- at least on my Osmo -- there is no audio-visual sync problem.

I'm surprised that the Osmo+ was issued with this fault.
2016-10-17
Use props
fans9444e3c9
lvl.2
New Zealand

After videoing it all plays well while streaming through the phone. After downloading from sd card to laptop, there is no audio. Any advise please.
2017-1-26
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

I want to buy a DJI OSMO + for documentary, but I'm really scared about the audio sync problem. Has the problem been solved?
2017-4-16
Use props
michelrivet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43307 ft
Canada

Kotaix 1 Posted at 2017-4-16 22:19
I want to buy a DJI OSMO + for documentary, but I'm really scared about the audio sync problem. Has the problem been solved?

I have the osmo+ with the rode videomic and all works well
2017-4-17
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

michelrivet Posted at 2017-4-17 06:20
I have the osmo+ with the rode videomic and all works well

Thanks man! Best wishes
2017-4-24
Use props
fansb1d533ea
New
United Kingdom

I HAVE THE OSMO PLUS AND RODE VIDEO MICRO USEING VERY FAST SD CARD BRAND NEW , SET MY CAMERA TO BASIC 1080 24 FPS AND AUDIO IS  ABOUT 1-2 SECONDS LATENCY NOT GOOD
IM SELLING THIS BIT  WISH I NEVER BOUGHT NOW, ANY BODY INTERESTED IN BUYING CALL ME 07590546282
2017-5-5
Use props
fansb1d533ea
New
United Kingdom

I THINK DJI ARE WITHOUT DOUBT THE WORS COMPANY TO DEAL WITH , THEY MAKE NICE GEAR BUT IT DONT WORK ,,,,,SHAME ON YOU DJI SHAME ON YOU
2017-5-5
Use props
Daley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197953 ft
United States

Ok so update to this thread.  My audio is intermittent when I connect the microphone.  Sometimes I don't want to use the phone and just want to start up the Osmo+ with the external mic and from this experience is that I can't trust it.  I noticed that either my audio is missing or delayed after a couple shots.  Really annoying...  there hasn't been a firmware fix to it.

I've been looking at the OSMO Pro as an upgrade but I'm not about to put that money into this product when its been a year without a fix for this.
2017-7-30
Use props
Samahita
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17041 ft
Sri Lanka

Am planning to buy a OSMO+.
Has this Audio-Sync problem been fixed
or is it related to slow SD cards.
Some have no probs with SANDISK extreme pro
2017-8-6
Use props
eyeg4et1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85272 ft
Thailand

I am trying to help a fired who just purchased an Osmo +.  Here is his first video suing the Osmo+ and external microphone.  As you can see there are audio drift issues.  Copy and paste the URL to view.  

So far it appears the best solution is to return the Osmo + to DJI.  Any other solutions?  

2017-10-2
Use props
eyeg4et1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85272 ft
Thailand

Samahita Posted at 2017-8-6 03:04
Am planning to buy a OSMO+.
Has this Audio-Sync problem been fixed
or is it related to slow SD cards.

I am trying to help a fired who just purchased an Osmo +.  Here is his first video suing the Osmo+ and external microphone.  As you can see there are audio drift issues.  Copy and paste the URL to view.  

Search for Gordon Tickle on Youtube and watch his 2 Oct vlog.  

So far it appears the best solution is to return the Osmo + to DJI.  Any other solutions?  
2017-10-2
Use props
fansf238db1a
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-16 20:19

This is incredibly frustrating - I see you replied to this in 2016. Since the still no fix! Still delayed and sometimes no audio at all. This isn’t an inexpensive device but for the extra work I have to do to fix the audio I gave up.
2020-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules