Photos and video no longer saved to iPhone Photos App / Camera roll
6063 17 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrVee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 580007 ft
Australia

Since version 3 of the DJI Go App a day or so ago - all video and photos are only stored in the DJI Go app and not automatially to your iPhones camera roll.

This means you cannot edit video or photos in anything else without exporting each individual file (one by one).  This is a major issue for me - I like the DJI Go app for taking video and pictures, but I want to manage all my footage in one place and edit videos easily where I like.

Anyone else find this a problem?
2016-10-1
Use props
DrVee
lvl.2
Spain

In addition to this I've just found that any photos taken via the app over the last 3 days have disappeared...
2016-10-2
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1130577 ft
Sweden

DJI must fix this! Now you have to save every single photo and video to the iPhone roll. I filmed  my daughters basket match today and needed to fiddle with this for 42 video clips. Please DJI fix this ASAP! Thanks in advance.
2016-10-2
Use props
DrVee
lvl.2
Spain

Also be aware that if you relied on iPhoto and iCloud to protect your photos/clips that's no longer going to happen.  If you lose your phone or clear the cache in the DJI app, you'll probably lose your footage.
2016-10-2
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

WOW, such a stupid move.
2016-10-2
Use props
branden
lvl.1
Flight distance : 620 ft
Canada

Until there is a fix, how would one export photos and/or videos one by one?
2016-10-2
Use props
logicito
New

United States

branden Posted at 2016-10-2 16:09
Until there is a fix, how would one export photos and/or videos one by one?

Please DJI fix this!!!!!!
2016-10-2
Use props
ZachWiest
New

Canada

I too want to see a fix to this. Please DJI, autosave my pics and vids taken with the Osmo Mobile to my camera roll!
2016-10-2
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1130577 ft
Sweden

Dear DJI
Do you have an answer on this topic. Its very frustrating to be forced to save every video and picture to the iPhone roll so you can import to the computer.
Please fix!
2016-10-6
Use props
leyting
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137828 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have the same problem. I was now 4 days in new york and have taken countless clips. When comes a fix ??? !!!!!!!{:4_154:}
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry about it, we made the change to save the media file to the DJI Go app cache, so the iPhone can shoot longer videos (there was issue with the storage calculation before).  We'll find a solution for this soon.
2016-10-7
Use props
kkodalen159
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475850 ft
United States

I keep looking for the update for Android but with all these bugs I'm happy with the current version.  Hopefully after the problems are worked out for iOS, DJI will be able to bring a better product to the Android market.  
2016-10-7
Use props
crash331
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285466 ft
United States

Wow, this is super annoying. I don't mind them saving to the app cache, it actually prevents me from filling up my photo album with b roll that didn't make the cut, but there needs to be a way to check off multiple files and export them all. Having to go in to each video and "cut" the entire video and export 1 at a time is ridiculous and unacceptable.
2016-10-7
Use props
lorest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 395377 ft
Germany

This is really annoying that pics and videos are not saved in Camera roll. Please DJI fix it!!!!
2016-10-16
Use props
marco52
New

I'm on the fence for buying the Osmo Mobile and the inability of exporting the footage in bulk to either the iOS photos library or a third party app is a deal breaker.
Given that the memory fills up pretty quickly, I'd like to export all the footage to my wi-fi hard drive. It's crazy that the DJI GO app does not allow to do that.
2016-10-18
Use props
nanda.kusumadi
lvl.1
Hong Kong

How irresponsible, stupid and retarded are you to screw around with people's memories like this, DJI?
2016-10-22
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

This needs to be fixed ASAP. Has anyone figured out a workaround? Perhaps Exporting Files to a laptop with a cable and iTunes or other software?
UPDATE -  I've discovered that you can use a software called iMazing for Mac that will allow you to extract videos from the DJI GO App.

2016-10-22
Use props
smith.alison
New

United States

jamesw Posted at 2016-10-22 11:59
This needs to be fixed ASAP. Has anyone figured out a workaround? Perhaps Exporting Files to a lapto ...

jamessw, can you explain HOW you used iMazing to access the video/photos? I've used it for a number of months for the regular iPhone camera, but can't see where to find the DJI app data. ???
2016-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules