Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FC40 app.... Wifi not connecting between phone and camera.
14763 15 2014-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AOG
New

Jamaica

I am having problems with FC40 app, It is not allowing the camera to connect to the android and Iphone using WIFI. Any ideas as to why.

I have deleted and reinstall the app and still no luck.
2014-9-30
Use props
houldsworth1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Couple of things to try:
a) Confirm that you have a solid green light on the camera before trying to connect.  Mine won't connect if the light is still flashing.
b) On the iPhone I have to manually connect to the camera wifi through the control panel before I can see it in the app.
2014-10-1
Use props
AOG
New

Jamaica

houldsworth1@gm Posted at 2014-10-1 19:26
Couple of things to try:
a) Confirm that you have a solid green light on the camera before trying to ...

Well I tried this method and it worked, but this had happen before then stopped. I will see if it happens again.

Thanks for responding.
2014-10-1
Use props
drbostick
New

United States

AOG Posted at 2014-10-1 23:07
Well I tried this method and it worked, but this had happen before then stopped. I will see if it  ...

My green light never stops blinking, and will not sync thru wifi. I think I got a bad camera for Christmas. Any thoughts?
2014-12-27
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have this issue too but perseverance  is the key, i have the android htc m8 and its the phone with me not the camera. i probably try about 20 times before it connects, i usually pop into the wifi settings on the phone, "forget" the fc cam ssid and then reload through the wifi settings, when i then open the fc40 app its there and ready to connect. if that fails i reboot the phone and try again.  i hope this helps.
2015-1-2
Use props
drbostick
New

United States

RevoMikey Posted at 2015-1-2 22:58
I have this issue too but perseverance  is the key, i have the android htc m8 and its the phone with ...

I never get a solid green light. The light under the lens, along with the wifi light just constantly blink. Mine camera wont record either. I have tried three different cards all with the same results.
2015-1-6
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Make SURE you're using the correct app.  Its the FC40 app, not the other Vision apps.  The camera does NOT connect to the FC40 in any way at all. Its a simple Wifi connection between camera and device...thats ALL.
Charge camera using the same gray micro usb cord that you use for your Phantom
Put SD card in correctly
Turn camera on
Wait 30 seconds
Go to your tablet or phones WiFi settings.
Click connect on the dji-xxxx Wifi signal
Wait until the tablet or phone is connected
Start FC 40 app on device.
The app will show the dji-xxxx Wifi signal
Click it
If it doesnt connect, close app and try again. Do not restart the camera. (The app has a habit of remembering the last FC40 Wifi connection so sometimes you need to restart the app to connect each time)
Once connected, click FORMAT via the app. This formats your SD card for vid and pics.
Done.  
Use the same usb for charging to transfer your vids/pics top your PC.  No need to remove SD card if you dont want.
or, with the camera still on and the app running you can transfer to your device with-in the app itself.
2015-1-7
Use props
clintlajeunesse
New

Canada

jamesnns@gmail. Posted at 2015-1-7 22:38
Make SURE you're using the correct app.  Its the FC40 app, not the other Vision apps.  The camera do ...

This worked for me.... thanks !!!
2015-1-11
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

clintlajeunesse Posted at 2015-1-11 21:08
This worked for me.... thanks !!!

What device are you using? OS Version? My iOS connection is terribly unreliable and the app crashes/freezes a lot. The last time I used the camera I wanted to finished the video recording and it crashed resulting in the video I'd recorded being lost.

I'm hoping if I and everyone else complain and raise the issue with DJI that at some point they may actually do something about it. I'd love another newer spec Phantom but in the meantime a little after sales support would go a long...which is further than my FC40 connections lasts!
2015-3-14
Use props
s.mockus
New

United States

jamesnns@gmail. Posted at 2015-1-7 22:38
Make SURE you're using the correct app.  Its the FC40 app, not the other Vision apps.  The camera do ...

Lately, I've had problems getting a live feed. The camera connects to the app, but when I select the 'FC40_S715LT' bar, it stays in scan mode and I get no picture. After a few minutes the camera shuts off.
2015-7-29
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

s.mockus@live.c Posted at 2015-7-29 23:54
Lately, I've had problems getting a live feed. The camera connects to the app, but when I select th ...

Long gave up with my FC40 camera. It was never great from the start. Crashes almost constantly. DJI after sales were non existent.
2015-7-29
Use props
s.mockus
New

United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2015-7-30 00:17
Long gave up with my FC40 camera. It was never great from the start. Crashes almost constantly. DJ ...

What other FPV system can I use than the FC40 camera? I would like to get something with telemetry so I know what altitude I am flying.
2015-7-30
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

s.mockus@live.c Posted at 2015-7-30 21:54
What other FPV system can I use than the FC40 camera? I would like to get something with telemetry ...

My current setup is as follows;

Bosom TS321 Transmitter
Bosom RC802 Receiver
Sony Action Cam HDR-AS2000

Quantum DIY Kit goggle and cheap TFT 5" LCD screen clamped to my controller

Reasonably cheap setup excluding the camera. Little bit of soldering and tinkering and thats about it!
2015-7-30
Use props
s.mockus
New

United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2015-7-31 01:55
My current setup is as follows;

Bosom TS321 Transmitter

ShadyDealer,
Where did you buy them?
2015-7-30
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Plenty of places to check for prices. Try eBay, banggood.com
2015-7-31
Use props
fans592b9ab6
New

Brazil

Acabei de comprar um samgsumg j7prime nao consigo me conectar a camera ...do meu fc40
2018-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules