Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Protection of Gimbal
2373 10 2016-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

It seems in many of drones, that the gimbal is the "weak" point - it seems so easy to damage to gimbal.
For those who already have a Mavic, does the gimbal seem "safer?"

Art - N4PJ

2016-10-3
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

I looks to be protected about the same as P3-P4 to me.  Although you can fly with the plastic bubble cover which certainly offers more protection.  But you would probably not want to shoot video with the bubble on or you would get reflections and distortions.  But for practice flights the bubbler cover adds some protection.
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The gimbal is delicate, that's why you should also purchase the DJI Care Refresh.
If you crash your Mavic into a tree by accident you are covered for up to 2 aircraft.
The cost is $99 for a 12 month warranty. The first replacement aircraft is $79, and the 2nd is $129.
It's an incredible deal just in case you crash it.

http://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-refresh-mavic-pro
Mavic Refresh.JPG
2016-10-3
Use props
superjet96
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

Ken, when I purchased mine direct I saw the protection plan but there were no details that I could find for the Mavic only the other multirotors.  Since I couldn't find it I did't purchase.  Can I still purchase it?  If so how long do I have to add it and will adding kick me out of line?
2016-10-3
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

Exactly...  I have contacted DJI sales.  I forgot to select the DJI Care plan when I ordered.  Now I would like to order it.  But there is no link for it in the DJI store yet.  So there is no way to buy it?

http://store.dji.com/search?q=DJI+care

No option to buy DJI Care for Mavic yet?
2016-10-3
Use props
Exib
Captain
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ken can you please confirm can the care plan be purchased seperatly
2016-10-3
Use props
spazzbecker
lvl.1

Also if I purchased a Mavic in the States but reside in the UK can I still purchase the DJI Careplan separately?
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Exib Posted at 2016-10-4 05:16
Ken can you please confirm can the care plan be purchased seperatly

Yes you can purchase the Care Refresh separately if you preordered from other than DJI. But you have to do it within 48hrs of activating.
http://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-refresh-mavic-pro
2016-10-3
Use props
superjet96
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

So if you purchased from DJI you can't do it separately?
2016-10-4
Use props
Blade Breaker
lvl.1

United States

It looks like to me you can purchase it after you activate your Mavic within 48 hours. I dont think it matters where you purchased it.
2016-10-4
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

Blade Breaker Posted at 2016-10-4 22:43
It looks like to me you can purchase it after you activate your Mavic within 48 hours. I dont think  ...

Like most places, it probably has to be purchased at an authorized dealer.
2016-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules