Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Dear Ken,

In what way should we take care of the Mavic when engaging Profile ActiveTrack mode?

It seems we cannot rely on the front facing cameras and downward facing cameras of Mavic for obstacle avoidance when it flies sideway alongside the subject under the Profile ActiveTrack mode. Do we need to well-plan the flight route clear of obstacle when engaging Profile ActiveTrack mode?

I just want to make sure my understanding is correct, before trying it out when Mavic is received from DJI.

Thanks in advance.

Henry
2016-10-3
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Yeah...  collision avoidance will not work if the drone is tracking & flying sideways.  The pilot will need to watch out for that issue.
2016-10-3
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Got it!

Thank you, Fulgerite, for making it clear!

Henry
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fulgerite is correct.
And if you want to ask me a question, please reply to one of my posts. Even if you use @, I will not be notified.
I'd also suggest being in a very large open area until you are comfortable with all of it's features.
2016-10-3
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-4 02:45
Fulgerite is correct.
And if you want to ask me a question, please reply to one of my posts. Even if ...

Hi Ken,

After receiving DJI's Mavic Pro, I have to agree that it is amazingly portable, yet extremely precise when manoeuvring in the air. It is sturdy, and appears to be an engineering masterpiece to my wife. I need not hide it under my pillow

I have a question, for which I can't find the answer in this forum, from the user manual nor from the tutorial videos. I carefully tried out ActiveTrack mode but cannot figure out how to choose one of the Trace, Spotlight, or Profile option in the ActiveTrack mode.

Did I miss something in the GO App? I am currently running iOS version 3.0.1 of the GO APP.

Thank you in advance.

Henry
2016-11-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2016-11-6 13:53
Hi Ken,

After receiving DJI's Mavic Pro, I have to agree that it is amazingly portable, yet extre ...

Hi Henry,
There is info starting on page 19 of the manual.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.0.pdf
2016-11-5
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-6 15:57
Hi Henry,
There is info starting on page 19 of the manual.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/u ...

Dear Ken,

Yes, I have read through it before I asked. It doesn't explain how to choose Trace, Spotlight, or Profile ActiveTrack mode. I can only activate the Trace ActiveTrack mode with which Mavic tracks the subject. Is there any hidden setting in the GO App that must be set before I can choose any of the remaining modes?

Henry
2016-11-6
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104439 ft
United States

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2016-11-6 20:38
Dear Ken,

Yes, I have read through it before I asked. It doesn't explain how to choose Trace, Spot ...

There is a kind of like a target icon on the bottom right hand side of the screen to allow selection of the 3 different active track modes
2016-11-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2016-11-6 20:38
Dear Ken,

Yes, I have read through it before I asked. It doesn't explain how to choose Trace, Spot ...

Have you been able to use it yet?
2016-11-6
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fai58 Posted at 2016-11-6 21:04
There is a kind of like a target icon on the bottom right hand side of the screen to allow selecti ...

Thank you Fai58,

I've got to figure it out in the forthcoming weekend. With the AC grounded, DJI GO does not allow me to enter the ActiveTrack mode, so I have not had a chance to look for the said "target" icon yet.

Will try it this weekend.

Henry
2016-11-7
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 04:11
Have you been able to use it yet?

Thank you, Ken. Thank you, Fai58

Every option of the ActiveTrack mode was tried, and each mode worked flawlessly.

Henry
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2016-11-13 13:38
Thank you, Ken. Thank you, Fai58

Every option of the ActiveTrack mode was tried, and each mode wo ...

Thank you Henry for posting, glad you are enjoying your new aircraft.
2016-11-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Henry

I could not find the thread or post you made regarding hand catching the Mavic. I ran across this video by the DJI show showing this hand launch and catching the Mavic inside during the show. I am wondering if the turned off the VPS ?

any thoughts on this

Rich

2016-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules