Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DIFFERENT SERIAL NUMBER after WARRANTY CLAIM
2574 12 2016-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keongwee85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331391 ft
Malaysia

I was about to send in my drone for another warranty claim. However when i check back my old data, i realise the SERIAL NUMBER for my previous drone that i send in for warranty (in early August 2016 in regards to motor arm shell crack) is different from the one i am to send for another warranty claim (sending soon in regards to smoke coming out from GIMBAL).
Whatsmore, the sticker for the serial number it is as if it have been peeled off and then restick on to the drone.

To add on, DJI didnt mention they are going to send me a new drone, they mentioned they are going diagnose and repair the drone and send it back to me after they repair and that I will be getting the exact drone which I have sent in. However now i am receiving an item with different SERIAL NUMBER.

Do any of you guys have the same issue I am facing ?

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Regards,
KW
2016-10-3
Use props
jamesazen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15262 ft

"DJI agrees to repair or replace a product during the warranty period (see Warranty Period of Main Parts) subject to the conditions outlined below."

Warranty service, section 3 , part d:
"d. Please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in functions and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers. "
2016-10-3
Use props
keongwee85
lvl.2
Malaysia

however, the serial number is like it is being peeled off and stick back ... whatsmore they say my item have been fully repaired. and the drone will be exactly the same one that i have sent in, jus that they have replace the shell.
2016-10-3
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

Mine was replaced with a refurb and works way better then first!! One issue out side of new serial number is that the quad has a 'name' burned in already that I cannot change..grrr
2016-10-3
Use props
julmirecki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368186 ft
United States

Same here,
I sent mine for the cracked shell warranty. I was informed, that only the shell will be replaced, but I received back completely different unit.
I contacted the DJI support about this issue, they insisted that it is the same drone with the different shell. They never admitted that they sent me a different drone. None of the serial numbers matched my old one.
Also, it was registered to someone else. The "best" email I got from the support: "just pair your remote control"(???)
In their defense (DJI), it was a very fast service, no hassle warranty claim, and the new unit works 100%.
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

keongwee85 Posted at 2016-10-4 00:48
however, the serial number is like it is being peeled off and stick back ... whatsmore they say my i ...

Just to clarify, what Phantom model do you have? Do you have DJI Care tied to it as well?
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-10-4 03:46
Mine was replaced with a refurb and works way better then first!! One issue out side of new serial n ...

Regarding the name, do you mean that it already has a name in the Go app's system? I have not heard of a name literally imbedded on the aircraft unless it was done by the customer.
2016-10-4
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-5 04:20
Regarding the name, do you mean that it already has a name in the Go app's system? I have not hear ...

on the P3S the craft's name cannot be edited from what I can tell..only on the first setup can it be named..in my account I show three craft and different names yet only owned 1 drone.
2016-10-4
Use props
keongwee85
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-5 04:18
Just to clarify, what Phantom model do you have? Do you have DJI Care tied to it as well?

i am having the Phantom 3 Professional, nope i dont have a DJI care tied with it as it was not available for my region. I am still with Warranty and it will end soon.

I am just wondering what happen if the warranty ends before i receive the drone, and i spotted a problem after i receive the drone ... is it still eligible for warranty claim ? I think to be fair, DJI to provide another 2-3 months warranty extension or the balance warranty (whichever is longer)...

2016-10-5
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

My P4 was replaced with a refurbished unit, different serial number. However, the new one takes far, far longer to initialize then the original. I would need to time it next time, but I would guess around 2 minutes for it to "warm up," whereas the original would be around 30 seconds.
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

keongwee85 Posted at 2016-10-5 22:16
i am having the Phantom 3 Professional, nope i dont have a DJI care tied with it as it was not ava ...

Hypothetically if you were to to receive your aircraft after a repair service and the warranty happened to expire after during the repair time frame, it can still have the potential to qualify for warranty within a week or so of discovering the problem. I have not seen a 2-3 month extension.
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

shawn_ Posted at 2016-10-5 10:55
My P4 was replaced with a refurbished unit, different serial number. However, the new one takes far, ...

Hi, try putting your drone somewhere cold, say in midnight outdoors, and do an IMU calibration on a flat surface, that normally shortens the warm-up time if you fly it next time.
2016-10-5
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-6 02:50
Hi, try putting your drone somewhere cold, say in midnight outdoors, and do an IMU calibration on  ...

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that this weekend.
2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules