Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo+ Focus
3636 38 2016-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aje
lvl.1
Norway

Is there coming a focus fix or should i just return it ?
2016-10-3
Use props
dennish
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Bump up posting.
2016-10-4
Use props
omriamos

Israel

I really think you should just return it, if you still can (7 days no-use policy....).
I highly doubt it will be fixed within a couple of days, as they haven't even got to REPLY on this issue yet.
2016-10-4
Use props
Dinglehead
lvl.1

Ive asked support a few times - no reply.  No one seems to be acknowledging this.

The focusing on the Osmo+ is a TOTAL disaster.  Touch to focus doesn't work... at all.  It never actually focuses on the focal point.  
2016-10-4
Use props
derekoneill99
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

I agree the focus is just awful
2016-10-4
Use props
Dinglehead
lvl.1

Ive got another 23 days on my Amazon return policy.....  the have until then I guess.
2016-10-4
Use props
ari_za
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Dinglehead Posted at 2016-10-5 04:07
Ive asked support a few times - no reply.  No one seems to be acknowledging this.

The focusing on t ...

Can we get a response on this please DJI? Even an acknowledgement. Us loyal customers have placed our trust in you and you are keeping us in the dark here. What do we do? Can we at least acknowledge the devs are aware of the issues please?
2016-10-4
Use props
aje
lvl.1
Norway

Can someone from DJI get us a response, please ??
2016-10-4
Use props
dennish
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI = Crickets....  The answer is no response after multiple postings.
2016-10-4
Use props
dennish
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bump - any reply from DJI?
2016-10-6
Use props
aje
lvl.1
Norway

No reply from DJI. Tried their facebook page also but no reply. I have used alot of money on DJI products (3 phantoms, s900, ronin, osmo, osmo+) and now i feel like they dont care at all.

My last P4 i still have bugs the aligement of the horison (many have this error). They dont care anymore
2016-10-7
Use props
ari_za
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Don't give up... The more people complaining about this then they will have to start paying attention...
2016-10-7
Use props
dennish
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ari_za Posted at 2016-10-7 23:47
Don't give up... The more people complaining about this then they will have to start paying attentio ...

I don't know, ignoring the issue has been working for them so far.  Tried to contact support a couple of times and they say that it is not normal and to send it in for evaluation.  From what I see here, Facebook, etc it may not be normal, but a lot of people are experiencing it.
2016-10-7
Use props
aje
lvl.1
Norway

its a bug, it should have been a focus lock or atleast a focus infinity function. Tried a motionlapse when it was little light (with a tripod), it couldnt focus auto. tried to manuell (by selecting a point with good contrast) and it seems like it focuses and on next picture it was out of focus again
2016-10-7
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

aje Posted at 2016-10-8 04:51
its a bug, it should have been a focus lock or atleast a focus infinity function. Tried a motionlaps ...

Yes they should have foreseen this problem with the soft video compared to the original OSMO in testing. Makes me wonder if they really did test it that much at all or just rushed it to market.
All they need to do it add that one focus infinity feature and the OSMO+ would be great!!
2016-10-7
Use props
dennish
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

In a post about delivery delay - DJI-Thorsays a fix for focus issue will be in a firmware update:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-65784-1-1.html
2016-10-8
Use props
aje
lvl.1
Norway

Nice i hope so, its not a good feeling, upgrade for 1000$ and going backwards
2016-10-8
Use props
dennish
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yet no comments in the focusing threads...  Checking with support, again send it in for evaluation :-(
2016-10-8
Use props
aje
lvl.1
Norway

send it in ? This have to be an firmware thing ?
2016-10-9
Use props
dennish
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

aje Posted at 2016-10-9 20:26
send it in ? This have to be an firmware thing ?

IDK anymore, they don;t know about a firmware, so there canned answer is to send the unit in for "evaluation"
2016-10-9
Use props
aje
lvl.1
Norway

Last time i had an error on my gh4 gimbal it took me 4 month to get it fixed (and it wouldnt work on arrival), so i really dont want to send it in. If this is how they are "fixing" i really arent sure if i would spend any more money on DJI products
2016-10-9
Use props
Dinglehead
lvl.1

Yea I'd really like to know what's going on here.

There NO WAY I'm sending it in to DJI while I'm inside the return window.  If a firmware update IS in fact coming that will fix it, I'll hold on to it.  If there isn't - then this thing has to go back.
2016-10-10
Use props
aje
lvl.1
Norway

Is someone from DJI reading here ? Can someone at least tell us if they are looking into it ?
2016-10-11
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.4
  • >>>

All "Osmo Lives Matter"
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused for you.
To locate the problem and get it fixed, please help confirm the details for us, thanks in advanced.
1. You face the focus issue once it's out of the box or used it for a period of time?
2.What the mobile device you are using? how about the system version of your mobile and the APP version?
3.Would you please provide us the videos or pictures? that's really appreciated.
2016-10-12
Use props
Luke_Boney
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1305010 ft
United States

I am unable to change aperture while the follow focus is plugged in. Been waiting a few months.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-60051-1-1.html
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, in Android, in Gimbal setting, there's an option to turn off "Real-time AF", please try if it helps. Thank you.
2016-10-13
Use props
dennish
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-14 12:29
Hi, in Android, in Gimbal setting, there's an option to turn off "Real-time AF", please try if it he ...

Any chance this coming to IOS or a firmware fix for focus issues?
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

dennish Posted at 2016-10-15 22:22
Any chance this coming to IOS or a firmware fix for focus issues?

Yes, we're working on it..
2016-10-16
Use props
dennish
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-17 11:16
Yes, we're working on it..

Thanks!!!!!
2016-10-16
Use props
info
New

Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-14 06:29
Hi, in Android, in Gimbal setting, there's an option to turn off "Real-time AF", please try if it he ...

Great! I was looking for that...

How does the focussing work when you use the osmo+ without a phone?

2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

info@vossenspri Posted at 2016-10-18 06:08
Great! I was looking for that...

How does the focussing work when you use the osmo+ without a pho ...

It won't work well then since you don't know what you're focusing at, nor do you know how much you zoom in/out.
2016-10-17
Use props
info
New

Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-18 04:13
It won't work well then since you don't know what you're focusing at, nor do you know how much you ...

But Will it remember the focal distance it had on manual and the real-time AF setting you did in the app the last time a phone was connected?
2016-10-18
Use props
murad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256040 ft
Russia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-18 10:13
It won't work well then since you don't know what you're focusing at, nor do you know how much you ...

This makes Osmo+ totally unusable with for example bike mount. I tried it yesterday and result is awful, no focus at all. Only first 2-5 seconds are focused then blurred image and amount of blur increases continuously.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

info@vossenspri Posted at 2016-10-19 02:30
But Will it remember the focal distance it had on manual and the real-time AF setting you did in th ...

It does remember the focal distance and will fix on that distance
2016-10-19
Use props
tonyanytime247
New

United States

I just bought a new Osmo+ on Amazon. How bad is this autofocus problem? I am looking to use it for an event next week. Do not need it to do anything fancy but focus is a important.
2016-10-20
Use props
fansdf5b5110
lvl.1

United States

This is what I have realized, and I encourage all you to realize:

DJI Customer support is sh**, and if it continues, I will NO LONGER buy their products.

This is a classic case where a company - DJI - lucked out and made an amazing product (DJI Phantom) years ago, and it caught on. Sales exploded, and they established themselves as the global leader (as well as by market share) in Drones. I admit, at first I Was judgmental of other drone start-ups that were trying to "get in" on the action. I would mock them as inferior.

But, what DJI fails to realize is The United States, is NOT China.... where there are no rules against mishandling of customers. Or, where customer support can be ignored.

The United States as we all know is one of those cultures and societies where you can't simply make the best product, sell it to us, and then say" F U" after you've collected our money. I've purchased three DJI products as a professional Cinematographer and Videographer. But now, there are many competitors that are beginning to make competitive products. Sure, I may pay more, but it's like Apple to some extent... love Apple or hate them, you pay a premium, but if there's a problem with the product, they own the issue, stand behind their products, any defect and make things right.

Frankly, I'm sick of DJI not addressing their customer support issues. And, it takes all of us to send that message to them that they - at least in the United States - need to establish a robust, trustworthy reputable customer service department.

-Z

2017-4-13
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansdf5b5110 Posted at 2017-4-13 13:27
This is what I have realized, and I encourage all you to realize:

DJI Customer support is sh**, and if it continues, I will NO LONGER buy their products.

I only see this as a real problem with the 4/3 pro version.
2017-4-13
Use props
LennyLevy
lvl.1
United States

IOnce I finally understood how to use the focus on the Osmo Plus it seems to work extremely well.
1- There is no true Auto Focus
2- AF just means that when you touch the screen with the little green square that's where it focuses. It will keep that until you do it again somewhere else and you can do it mid shot. Works very well.
3 - Infinity lock is not actually infinity  - it is probably at around the hyperfocal distance disjoined to give you the best all around range of focus. However if you want really be sharp at infinity use AF and focus on something far away.
4- Everytime you zoom the AF automatically refocuses.
5. You can turn off the beeping sound on the focus by turning your phone volume off. This won't affect your audio at all , and you can't monitor through it anyway so it doesn't matter.

I tried the Osmo Pro recently and it also seems to focus well.
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules