Controller & compass calibration
856 2 2015-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

It seems to be a good idea to always do a new remote & compass calibration after all new firmware upgrades....

When upgrating the remote do you run the RC program first for recalibration of the remote or is it OK to just perform it in the PT2 Assistant?
It seems redundant to do it in both programs? Any comments?

Rick

2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I do the remote first, then the Phantom after any update.  I don't know if it is helping or hindering, but that extra 2 minutes is worth a possible fly away.  Peace of Mind is worth a lot.  Some might say I'm foolish to do it, but I've never had sny problems in 9 months with the same machines.
2015-2-1
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 07:07
I do the remote first, then the Phantom after any update.  I don't know if it is helping or hinderin ...

Same here Gerry and likewise, no flyaways (yet!).  Similarly I always calibrate my compass at the flight site-it takes a few seconds.   DJI say that it is not always necessary unless you are flying from a substantially different location.  That's data for ya!  Is substantial/significant 5 metres?-500-50000? only they know and they are not telling us !  We rely on other flyers to tell us that they have moved 50 miles and flown without recalibration---no way would I risk that, but it is a personal call I guess and you live with your choices.

Cheers!
Rod
2015-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules