2455 7 2016-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can anyone tell me how using PayPal works.

I've ordered the mavic pro and paid via PayPal .  The amount on my credit card got debited but remained under a pending status .
Now since pre-order date the money has dropped back into my account and the funds are available to spend again.

Apple still tells me my order is pending / processing
2016-10-4
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Most big sellers don't charge you until a day or two before they ship. When you placed order, they made an authorization to your card to check to see if you have enough money. Sometime they release it and sometime they don't. In your case, they released it but they will charge you again when order is ready for shipping.
2016-10-4
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141089 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apple won't take the money till it's ready to ship!. Just found this out with my iPhone.
2016-10-4
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2

yeah I noticed i got charge by paypal (Which i rather have, I hate having money there cause if i make other purchases I get paranoid it'd be taken out and then cancel my preorder) lol
2016-10-4
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Most companies won't charge until they ship the item, but they will verify if fund are available.  It is the same thing they do at the hotel to hold a room, they don't charge the card till after your stay is completed.
2016-10-5
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

Lepus Posted at 2016-10-5 23:37
Most companies won't charge until they ship the item, but they will verify if fund are available.  I ...

Paypal charged me. grrrrrrrr
2016-10-5
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Airwater Posted at 2016-10-6 08:13
Paypal charged me. grrrrrrrr

Yes but the difference is, Paypal can refund you the full amount, where if you purchase from DJI direct through credit card, if you are using a different currency you won't get the full amount back.  Paypal is an intermediary not an actual company you are buying a product from.
2016-10-6
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

People check your orders from apple.

They have just charged my card for the full payment .. so could be getting it sooner than later
2016-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules