Temperature Rating / Service Ceiling / Traveling with Mavic
1736 4 2016-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mail347
lvl.1
Iceland

Curious; I noticed the operating temp of 0-40 degrees C (32-104 F). I live in Iceland and it often gets below 0 degrees. What happens during operation, past these temp extremes? Is distance, flight time, or controller  effected? How does the Mavic handle in high or low temp ranges?

Is the service ceiling of 16000 feet the max height you can actually fly the Mavic or does this refer to the maximum flight altitude this will stay aloft due to air density? How high can the Mavic actually fly?

Also - side note - anyone know the US or international rules for transporting a drone and batteries on a flight? Baggage or carry on?

2016-10-5
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

The batteries are going to be the big issue, and it is mostly for air travel.  Here are the rules for Canada http://www.catsa.gc.ca/guidelines-batteries on their page they also state that the carrier can also dictate if you are allowed to even bring them on a flight checked or carry-on.  Here is the US rules  https://www.faa.gov/about/office ... s_and_batteries.pdf
Hope that helps.
2016-10-5
Use props
Matt Y
lvl.2

United States

The batteries are 43 Whr, so you should be good to go in the US.
2016-10-5
Use props
vpTutYoGqUQ7
lvl.1

Canada

I live in a place where in 30 days time it will probably be below 0 every day (as a maxium)...I am really hoping to receive the Mavic before that happens. Otherwise all I will be able to do is make it hover indoors for a few minutes every couple weeks so that I feel like its not decaying in storage.
2016-10-5
Use props
cjmc
lvl.2

Operating temperature is -10 to 40 Celsius which is 15-104 Fahrenheit but you will need someone from DJI to confirm as that advice is from the battery manual. The user guid suggests 0-40 as you say. I'm pretty sure the battery will be the main issue so I would go with -10 as the lower limit.
2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules