Osmo Mobile - 9 photo panorama?
2897 6 2016-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

From the official FAQ:http://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/info#faq
13. Can I use the Osmo Mobile to shoot Panorama photos?
No. The Panorama function is coming soon.

From the official intro video:

Which one is correct?

Is it currently avaliable FOR ANDROID ?

Thanks
2016-10-5
Use props
Krause31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>

Hi omriamos,

i looked for a few minutes on my Osmo Mobile! Yes, you can make a nine picture panorama! I uses the Galaxy S7 Edge!

Greets!

Markus
2016-10-5
Use props
MedsArt
New

You can but the quality is so poor you should just take 9 photos yourself and stich them together yourself the finished file is 100kb on my 20 mega pixel phone camera that takes stunning images.  
2016-10-5
Use props
flipper
New

United States

The DJI Go app (on the Mac) saves a lot of things in iTunes (under Phone>Apps). There's a folder called "PanoPhotoRaw" that saves the individual nine images that make up each 9-image pano shot.
2016-10-19
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

It's the same with the original Osmo, the camera system just doesn't have much processing power. When taking timelapse or panorama you get a lower quality file which serves as a preview, you can later use a more powerfull PC to do stiching with the hi res files.

Try the microsoft stiching program if you are after a free one (PC only sorry)  http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/ice/
2016-10-19
Use props
bradleyjere
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110883 ft
United States

I am using Osmo Mobile with an iPhone 7 plus.  I don't see any options in any of the settings that keep the raw picture files saved so they can be manually stitched together later.

On a separate but related note, yesterday the DJI app died during the processing stage after taking a 9 shot pano.  I lost the pano and a number of other photos I had taken previously.  It's not clear to me why all these photos are not instantly saved in the phone's camera roll instead of just within the DJI app.  I am always nervous when any photo / video app wants to keep control of the raw data in this fashion.  If these photos had been already saved in the camera roll, I would not have lost them in the app crash.  I am pretty sure that a previous revision of the DJI app actually did save everything in the camera roll.  Can anyone else verify that this was the case and DJI has taken a step backwards with the latest app version?

All in all, this is very frustrating.  People are purchasing this device to record family memories and professional images.  The first priority from DJI should be the safekeeping of these files so they are not responsible for losses.  Also, back to the original point of this thread, is the raw data should be easily accessible for the highest quality end product available.  It's fine if they want to include this functionality within their app, but let the end user decide if they want to accept that as their end product or to go above and beyond with their own post processing techniques.
2016-10-24
Use props
Guillakunst 7
lvl.1
Germany

bradleyjere Posted at 2016-10-24 08:03
I am using Osmo Mobile with an iPhone 7 plus.  I don't see any options in any of the settings that keep the raw picture files saved so they can be manually stitched together later.

On a separate but related note, yesterday the DJI app died during the processing stage after taking a 9 shot pano.  I lost the pano and a number of other photos I had taken previously.  It's not clear to me why all these photos are not instantly saved in the phone's camera roll instead of just within the DJI app.  I am always nervous when any photo / video app wants to keep control of the raw data in this fashion.  If these photos had been already saved in the camera roll, I would not have lost them in the app crash.  I am pretty sure that a previous revision of the DJI app actually did save everything in the camera roll.  Can anyone else verify that this was the case and DJI has taken a step backwards with the latest app version?

has anyone located the PanoPhotoRaw folder on adroid phones ? looking for the Raw photos that are the source of the panoramas ?
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules