Any phantom pilots Nr Burton on Trent,Staffs,UK
1517 18 2016-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pixelshaper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2156 ft

Looking to meet up with any phantom pilots living locally to share information and fly our drones together

Cheers

Steve
2016-10-5
Use props
scooby_matt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86083 ft

Hello Steve. I'm a new phantom 4 pilot. I live near burton.

Regards Matthew
2016-10-9
Use props
pixelshaper
lvl.1

Hi Matt thanks for getting back to me it's great to hear from you. I've just bought a brand-new phantom 4 and haven't flown it yet I'm just getting everything together.Ive just bought an iPad 4 mini tablet to view my phantom so really I'm a total newbee to phantoms. I' have other ,drones I've been flying a nice Hubson drone which I really like but it hasn't got the photography capabilities of the Phantom. Where do you live Matt I live in Stapenhill Burton on and upon Trent. ?
2016-10-11
Use props
scooby_matt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Steve. I live in Repton in derby so not far away. Fancy going for a flight. I've flown my a good few times now and feel confident in it. Let me know cheers
2016-10-13
Use props
pixelshaper
lvl.1

scooby_matt Posted at 2016-10-13 17:53
Hi Steve. I live in Repton in derby so not far away. Fancy going for a flight. I've flown my a good  ...

Hi/Matt/Mathew

Yes that sounds great,what phantom do you fly,and where do you normally fly ?
2016-10-13
Use props
scooby_matt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi steve. I have a phantom 4. Normally fly around willington powerstation. Flown 400ft over the station which got a good video of inside the tubes. Where do you go? Is this your first drone? Cheers matt
2016-10-13
Use props
alex.wright1992
lvl.2

United Kingdom

scooby_matt Posted at 2016-10-13 18:07
Hi steve. I have a phantom 4. Normally fly around willington powerstation. Flown 400ft over the stat ...

Hello Matt,
I'm from Derby town area and have wondered about flying over the power station in Willington.
i have heard to avoid Power Stations due to electronic interference but i guess because it is disused you have had no problems?
2016-10-13
Use props
scooby_matt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Alex. Flown there twice now. Obviously I don't fly over the sub stations just keep to the towers and the field next to the Tower. In respect to interference, I have had no issues at all. Full signal on both controller and camera. Where do you normally fly? Cheers matt
2016-10-14
Use props
Alex W
lvl.2

United Kingdom

scooby_matt Posted at 2016-10-14 11:43
Hi Alex. Flown there twice now. Obviously I don't fly over the sub stations just keep to the towers  ...

Thanks for your reply i may have to fly there tomorrow.
i usually go to a local farming field or park but have travelled to Dovedale just past Ashbourne, trekked to the top of Thorpe cloud to fly from there. Mam Tor in Castleton is another good place to go. i do a lot of landscape photography with my phantom 4. just looking for new ideas because i soon get board of the same old places! guess you got a Subaru from your name then? you a fellow petrol head aswel as a Droner?
2016-10-14
Use props
pixelshaper
lvl.1

scooby_matt Posted at 2016-10-14 01:07
Hi steve. I have a phantom 4. Normally fly around willington powerstation. Flown 400ft over the stat ...

Hi Matt

No it's not my first drone I have been flying now for the past six months, I have a Hubson X4FPV absolute brilliant drone would recommend it to anybody but I'm a photography freak and I love my images,so bought the phantom 4 but haven't flown it ye. I wanted to get out this weekend but have a load of stuff on.We are pretty restricted over here in Burton as we are right next to the Trent and there aren't very many spaces to fly. I like the sound of a flight from the powerstation.I,m available Sat/ Sun 22nd/23rd oct,here is my email address if you would like to meet up and we can arrange something off-line......pixelshaper@live.com. Cheers
2016-10-14
Use props
pixelshaper
lvl.1

Alex W Posted at 2016-10-14 20:56
Thanks for your reply i may have to fly there tomorrow.
i usually go to a local farming field or p ...

Hi Alex

I have been a photographer for many years but now getting into aerial photography, could you tell me the best settings to get some smooth video on the P4 and would you recommend using filters? I was looking at buying some ND filter everybody keeps telling me that the polar pro are very good what would you recommend?

Cheers Steve
2016-10-14
Use props
scooby_matt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Alex. Gosh you have been busy busy with it. Yes I used to have a subaru but since grown up. Lol fancy an outing with me and Steve?
2016-10-14
Use props
scooby_matt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Steve. Saturday will be best for me. Where do you fancy going? I'll email you now. Cheers
2016-10-14
Use props
Alex W
lvl.2

Saturday is good with me also. Preferably around mid day. To he honest I use auto mode on video and HDR 5 burst for photos. I the edit photos / videos on computer software after
2016-10-15
Use props
Alex W
lvl.2

Steve I do have a circular polariser filter by polar pro for when I shoot above water. Makes the water less reflective from light and makes clouds appear in the sky better.it is rarely bright enough in the UK for ND filters maby nd4 or nd8 would be good on a sunny day I have not tried.
2016-10-15
Use props
scooby_matt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Here is my email address and I can link and exchange numbers if you wish
Scooby_matt@me.com
2016-10-15
Use props
pixelshaper
lvl.1

Alex W Posted at 2016-10-15 21:26
Steve I do have a circular polariser filter by polar pro for when I shoot above water. Makes the wat ...

Cheers Alex
2016-10-16
Use props
Polyman
New

United Kingdom

Hi Guys I'm a newbie to drone flying and just got me a phantom 4. I live in Burton on Trent and would welcome any good places to fly
Regards
Rich
2017-2-19
Use props
scooby-matt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi rich give us a private msg and we will hook up some time
2017-12-26
Use props
Advanced