DJI GO APP current version Not working in Samsung Tab3
3052 2 2016-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danielc1998
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333743 ft
Ireland

Last weekend I tried to fly my drone and I had the very unpleasent suprise that the DJI Go app did not work, it stop working inmediately after pressing the icon. Not even get to the first screen of the app. To make the story short, I will say that I had to reset the tablet to factory data, updated the software, and at last installed DJ GO app, but it did not solved the problem, the app was still crashing, so I called support and they gave me a link where I was able to download an older version of the app, that it did work.
Now a few comments about it:

1) The last two versions  v2.9.1 and v2.9.0 of DJI GO APP do not work at all in my Samsung Galaxy Tab3 with android version 4.4.2.
    I had to downgrade to version v2.8.4 !!!
    It would be desirable that newer versions fix problems instead of adding new ones. And that the next version of the app will run OK, as it should in my tablet, which it is included in the list of compatible devices.

2) The link given by DJI SUPPORT to download the app was not from the OFFICIAL DJI website. Older versions should be available from www.dji.com

3) The version of DJI GO installed from that un-official (and unknown , to me at least) website, contains ads. Considering the price of 1600 eur I paid for the drone, I consider, at least, out of place to include ads in an application that is required as a MUST to fly the drone, and developed by the same company.

I hope SUPPORT and TECHNICAL departments take note of these issues.
2016-10-6
Use props
jberl
New
United States

I am having the exact same problem, and it is over 1 year later! I had not used my drone in well over a year due to an issue, but then I fired up the Tab 3, it got the latest software and rendered me dead in the water...
2018-1-12
Use props
nikolaous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1068894 ft
Cyprus

Try  DJI GO version 3.1.18 for phantom 3 and 4.1.3 for phantom 4
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules