Waiting over 2 weeks for an answer...[resolved]
2040 3 2016-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

REQUEST #283401 BATTERY CELL BROKEN - RETURN FOR REPAIR?

I had a battery with one cell that had low voltage.  I knew it was well beyond it's limited warranty period. The real question I wanted to know was this: is it actually repairable and more importantly, is it worth the time, trouble and all the shipping charges to send it in for repair?  I asked this question at least THREE times and was told it could be repaired.

Alternatively, in a response from Kino on September 09, 2016 19:38, I was told the following:
        "You have the option to have the unit sent back to you if you wish to
        no longer continue with the repair process. "

So I sent the battery in (Case # CAS-250587-S1D0W6) and eventually got an invoice for $162.00 that basically wanted me to buy a new battery.  No repair indicated.

I elected the alternative -- send the battery back to me unrepaired, I would pay the shipping.

That was 2 weeks ago.

On 21 Sep 2016 I tried a follow up:
REQUEST #294815 RE: BATTERY CELL BROKEN - RETURN FOR REPAIR?
SUMMARY: Send the battery back, how much is the shipping?

Also on 21 Sep 2016:
In a post on the DJI FORUM that I had made about this issue "DJI-Ken" said "I am sorry about that and I will bring that up to management in the morning."

On 27 Sep 2016 I followed up with:
PHONE CALL:  spoke to a rep named "Eugene" who said he would have someone from the "team" that takes care of that get back to me about the shipping cost to return the battery.

On 3 Oct 2016 I made a followup to the 2nd followup.
REQUEST #304569 RE: RE: BATTERY CELL BROKEN - RETURN FOR REPAIR?
SUMMARY: I referred to the phone call and previous follow up and no one has told me how much to ship my battery back.

RESOLVED:  battery received back on 21 Oct 2016.  All together, my battery had a nice round trip to California that lasted 45 days...
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gil,
I'm very sorry about that.
I went downstairs and got it sorted out and it's being shipped back to you (no charge)
Sorry about that.
2016-10-6
Use props
gil
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-6 17:52
Gil,
I'm very sorry about that.
I went downstairs and got it sorted out and it's being shipped back  ...

Ken, while I will maintain some doubts until it arrives in the mailbox (due to your colleagues in the service department) I do appreciate you resolving the issue (please tell me there was some head knocking involved!)

And if I may vent my spleen for just a moment, it certainly doesn't address the larger issue that the service department needs some serious shaking up.  I don't know what has happened to the service department in the two years since my first encounter.  What I have seen here in the forum is a growing number of complaints that I was always a little but skeptical of based on my previous experience.  However, given recent history, the "halo effect"  has completely worn off.

I know, you're just one guy in a tsunami and I'm just one of those drops of water.  Maybe you can encourage the marketing and service department to get together and discuss the significance of something I once heard (I'm paraphrasing):
Do something good and they'll tell two or three people, do something bad and they'll tell everybody...

2016-10-7
Use props
gil
lvl.4
United States

Unrepaired battery received back on 21 Oct 2016.  All together, my battery had a nice round trip to California that lasted 45 days.
2016-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules