Which Inspire 1 is this? Can You tell?
12Next >
17627 56 2016-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

Hi All, Could someone help me figure out if I have a Version 1 or 2 Inspire? I just bought mine from someone on ebay and he advertised it as a Version 2.0. I bought it under this assumption and I thought I got a pretty good deal.

However, I noticed on the ebay picture, that it looks like there are no quick lock/release fittings. This lead me to wonder if there were Version 2.0 Drones that Did not come with the quick lock/release fittings already installed.  I emailed him and asked him and he said that he included the fittings and props in the case that the inspire is coming with, but that he just always flew with the " original"  props. I'm concerned, because I want to attach an x5 camera to it and I know that it is the Version 2 that has the upgraded motors to support it.   I have emailed him and asked him if he just received the quick lock fittings and props for his version 1.0 and is now calling it a 2.0 ? Or if this inspire actually has the Upgraded motors as it is an authentic Version 2.0.  He hasn't responded to me after that and the Inspire is still a few days away from me so I can't check the serial number.

Is there any way that someone can tell from the pictures / pattern   if this is a 2.0 or is there no way to tell?   Is the fact that he flew with " original " props indicative of this being a version 1 because all version 2's were made with quick release/lock  kit fittings?

Thanks so much.

s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
2016-10-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Based on the photos you provided it does not look like a new V2 Inspire. You need to take photos showing the motors and another photo showing the case stickers showing the camera and aircraft numbers. Don't share the serial numbers they can be blocked out.  It appears the camera mount is the original V1 version.

there are different versions of the Inspire 1 V1 B, C D, E and they were just some variations or improvements as they came from production.
some that I can remember were
QR Props
QR mounting hubs
Landing gear mechanics

The new V2 main difference is gimbal mounting board and slightly more powerful propulsion system

link to some discussions
http://forum.dji.com/thread-42261-1-1.html

Rich

Sorry man I hope this helps you.

2016-10-6
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

That is a Version 1 no doubt but the really good thing about that particular inspire is the type of carbon tubing it has, that is the really strong carbon tubing and if you crash the tubes wont break but rather the plastic holding them which is easier to replace and repair.

I would keep that inspire and upgrade the propellers to the latest 1345T.

The v2.0's bigger gimbal is actually 200+ grams heavier and also less aerodynamic which is only useful with heavier cameras.

The v2 motors are 4% better performing only which will be unnoticable. They have the same battery life.
2016-10-7
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

You can easily upgrade to the v2.0 1345T prop system.

I would keep that inspire if I were you because of the type of carbon tubing it has, it's very durable unlike the camo type which breaks on crash.

Just request the seller to compensate you some if you think you got ripped off.
2016-10-7
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

You can also upgrade the gimbal plate
2016-10-7
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-7 01:57
Based on the photos you provided it does not look like a new V2 Inspire. You need to take photos sho ...

Thanks Rich- I really appreciate it. I will take a look at everything you suggested when it gets here.
2016-10-7
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

leanlinao Posted at 2016-10-7 04:43
That is a Version 1 no doubt but the really good thing about that particular inspire is the type of  ...

Thanks for the Reply LeanLinao. I think I read a post in here before about which tube pattern was the strongest and I saw someone referring to the interlaced weave pattern as being stronger than Camo. this is a different kind of pattern- I know the picture is not that good, but I know it doesnt weave in and out like the other patterns of that kind that I've seen... Is that what you were referring to or are  you saying you recognize this type ( that isnt the weave) and know it to be stronger?

Also- 4 % doesn't sound like all that much but does it become noticeable if I were to attach a 200g gimbal and x5 camera? Is it ok to fly those things with these motors? Because I plan to and I am worried that since DJI only suggests the V 2.0 to be capable of flying with an x5- that That might be a problem with the V 1.0.

Thanks
2016-10-7
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

tampahouse1226@ Posted at 2016-10-7 17:39
Thanks for the Reply LeanLinao. I think I read a post in here before about which tube pattern was  ...

Yes that is the strongest tube which is really primarily offered on all inspire black pros.

Both v1 and v2 can fly with the x5 and both can have the same prop and gimbal.

The v1 with the x5 will fly.

But in performance the v2 motor can accelerate a bit faster as I have seen in a speed comparison video on youtube.

The 1345T is a must upgrade as there have been no inspire accidents yet because of it and it is like an inch taller which I would say gives it better aerodynamics because the gap is increased between the prop and the tube.
2016-10-7
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

OP, having carbon weave or camo tube makes 100% no difference, neither do the motors.
There are hundreds of people happily flying A, B C and D Inspires and X5s - the aircraft is essentially the same in all respects.

There is no testing or evidence that one version is stronger, better, faster than any other - they all work fine.

You will see plenty of people with opinions (funnily enough that the version they have is the best), but the end result is that they are all more than capable.

The only real differentiating factor is the prop system - in that matter you will have some people who are very happy with the 1345T system, others (myself included) who are more than happy with the original self-tightening props with locks. The only point of agreement is that the previous 'quick-release' props were garbage.

Don't worry about it - get out there and start flying!
2016-10-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

That is a  Version 1.  If he represented it as a version 1 then that is wrong .  From my understanding the V2 has larger more powerful motors , different prop locks and the X5 gimbal comes with it.  Now if he said it MAY be a version 1 then thats another story , but if they claim that it is V2 then I would send it back .

If it is a  version 1 that means it is a lot older as well.  There are some very nice V2 out there at  a good price NEW or used . If you got it for a great deal that is another consideration . I mostly doo  not like it If they Passed it off as a V2 knowing  it's a V1.  

did you ask them if they knew it was a V1 or v2

donnie

Donnie
2016-10-7
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-10-7 04:19
OP, having carbon weave or camo tube makes 100% no difference, neither do the motors.
There are hund ...

Still some disagreement on "previous 'quick-release' props were garbage".  Many are still in use and work well until the PIC does not check the mounting hardware for wear or cracks.
2016-10-7
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-6 22:57
Based on the photos you provided it does not look like a new V2 Inspire. You need to take photos sho ...

I wonder if perhaps this is a V.1 with replacement CF tubes?  Both the camo and straight weave tubes are available on ebay and replacing a broke arm/tube is not too difficult, if you are good with a good soldering tool.
2016-10-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Movin on Posted at 2016-10-7 09:53
I wonder if perhaps this is a V.1 with replacement CF tubes?  Both the camo and straight weave tub ...

MO,
No, the inspire 1 came with both versions of the carbon fiber tubes based on the supplies available in production. I would not worry about this to much and just check it out visually for signs of repairs. I am pretty sure you will be okay, as I owned the V1 with camo.... it flew awesome without any issues ever. The new owner is a friend of mine and he is still flying without problems!

The only problem I see with all of your information, is that your inspire was not represented correctly (only if they said it was the latest version V2). Otherwise, we hope you got a good deal and should be a great machine.

Rich
2016-10-7
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-10-7 19:19
There are hund ...

The carbon tube makes a big difference, the regular carbon rarely breaks on crashes while the camo tube breaks almost all of the time.
The inspire 1 black pro that crashed at powerline height on the other thread is one example.

I'm just being honest. I do own a camo tube but I am by no means siding with the camo or the non camo, like I said just being honest.

I can also keep telling you the 1345T has not yet had prop failure issues and that is a fact whether you and I like it or not.
But I do respect your spin off prop, not saying it's garbage or dangerous.

2016-10-7
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

leanlinao Posted at 2016-10-7 06:47
Yes that is the strongest tube which is really primarily offered on all inspire black pros.

Both  ...

Thanks for the added info. I guess I was trying to say that this carbon fiber pattern does not look like the interwoven pattern. I know what those looks like, and if you look at this one- you can tell that it's not the same.. you have to look closely because the images are not that clear. It's more like a staggered, not interwoven, blockish pattern.  It's definitely not Camo, but it's also not Interwoven-

I guess I was asking if you were able to recognize that as well and still thought ( despite it not being the typical interwoven pattern) that it was stronger.

Thanks
2016-10-7
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-10-7 07:19
There are hund ...

Thanks FarnK

I have written to him asking about the prop system when I initially got concerned that this wasn't a version 2.  He wrote to me that He included the quick release props and fittings, but that he always just flew with the original ones.

My question for you is this: I noticed that there are two types of quick release props. the 1345s and 1345T- with the T being the latest. ... is the 1345S the version that you and most people agree were trash?  I wonder if this is what he was given by DJI and included in the case....

I am in Florida and if not for the Hurricane, the Inspire would have already been here and I could clear more of this up.   Thank you for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it.
2016-10-7
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-7 12:38
That is a  Version 1.  If he represented it as a version 1 then that is wrong .  From my understandi ...

Donnie,

No, He said it was version 2. I asked before I bid. I said " is this version 1 or 2" And he said "Version 2.0"  So i went ahead and put in a bid that I felt was fair.

His auction description was just the first few paragraphs from DJI's site, describing the Inspire- It was very clearly a copy and paste and in that description, it is talking about a 2.0 drone.  But of course if you went to DJI's site, they would be giving you the latest version. but that didn't mean this one was.. which was what prompted me to ask him and He confirmed that it was indeed a 2.0 ( which i've now learned it clearly is not)

Maybe this is where he gets the idea that it is a 2.0 when Asked, I don't know. He seems like a nice enough guy. Maybe he thinks that because he received the upgraded props that he included with this auction, that it is now a 2.0? ... That crossed my mind as well.. But clearly there are other things that go into making it a 2.0 drone than just the props.

If I were to resell it, I would have to list it as a 1.0 and I would expect that I would not get as good of a price so I don't feel I should have to have paid a V 2.0 price. I am thinking of asking him to compensate me some money so that I can get some of the upgrades and live with the 1.0 instead of having to go through the hassle of sending it back, but I'm not sure yet...... What do you guys think?
2016-10-7
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-7 13:14
MO,
No, the inspire 1 came with both versions of the carbon fiber tubes based on the supplies avai ...

Rich,

Which would you consider this pattern if you look closely? it's not interwoven weaves. I wonder if this pattern tells any more about the age of this drone? I have tried to lighten the picture to make the pattern more obvious that it's not interwoven.
LighterDrone.jpg

He did say it was version 2 when I asked if it was V 1.0 or V 2.0..   I don't think he did it on purpose but still, I paid for a version 2.0 drone and am getting a 1.0 drone.

2016-10-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

tampahouse1226@ Posted at 2016-10-7 21:49
Rich,

Which would you consider this pattern if you look closely? it's not interwoven weaves. I w ...

Hey tampahouse

Like Donnie said you can return the drone because this is not a V2 Inspire. The landing gear bracket is not even the later version V1 based on the photo. As far as the tube pattern, it looks the same as the newer weave type, but they also had this in the very early version 1 Inspires also. I guess you have to decide if you got a great price and you are happy with the Inspire one options you paid for.

It really depends if you are satisfied with the cost of your deal. Inspire 1 V2 is about 2K without all of the extras.  This is really up to you in the long run my friend.

I have attached a couple of photos of my V2 for you to look at. IMG_7909.JPG IMG_7910.JPG IMG_7911.JPG IMG_7912.JPG IMG_7913.JPG

hope this helps you

Rich
2016-10-7
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

tampahouse1226@ Posted at 2016-10-8 12:49
Rich,

Which would you consider this pattern if you look closely? it's not interwoven weaves. I w ...

From the following revealed in the photos, we can tell this Inspire 1 is a V1 manufactured before Sep 2015:-

1) The curved landing gear brackets (between the two arms and the central screwed-shaft collar) of the landing gear raising mechanism. (c.f. straight metal links as in V2)

2) The X3 mounting plate. (c.f. X5 mounting plate)

3) The bare 3510 motors. (c.f. more powerful 3510H motors with 1345T mounts)

Henry
2016-10-7
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-8 02:02
Hey tampahouse

Like Donnie said you can return the drone because this is not a V2 Inspire. The la ...

Hey Rich.

Thanks a lot. I guess I will have to find out if im happy with it or not if/when it ever gets here.  I am new to the forums and I'm not sure how to do this but is there a way to PM you or could you maybe PM me when you read this? Thanks...
2016-10-8
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-8 02:11
From the following revealed in the photos, we can tell this Inspire 1 is a V1 manufactured before  ...

Thanks Henry.

Do you (or anyone else) know if this version of the inspire vs the inspire v 2.0 had weaker controllers ? Meaning their output signal to the inspire is not as strong resulting in not as good of range/ transmission? Thought I might have read that some where...
2016-10-8
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know if there is a way to check how many cycles the battery has been through? Now that I know it's an older V 1.0, I'm curious about the remaining life on the batteries if they have been cycled through a lot and how much that will affect things.
2016-10-8
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

There are different versions of remote controller. Turn over to the back of it where you will find version number GL658 with a suffix A, B or C. Search this forum you will find tons of discussions about the signal strengths of different versions.
From what I read about the Grant of Equipment Authorisation Certificates issued by Labs under Authority of FCC with respect to different versions of the remote controller, and from my exprience of owning both a GL658C (came with my original Inspire 1 Pro Oct 2015) and a GL658B (bought separately), it appears to me that the GL658C gives more RF power hence it's suitable to be set as the master controller. For me the GL658C was able to control the Inspire 1 approaching 5km away. The GL658B was the weakest amongst the 3 versions, and was said to be sold as one of the two remote controllers in a dual-remote controllers Inspire 1 set, or sold independently as add-on remote controllers to Inspire 1 owners. Setting GL658B as slave remote controller will have no effect on the range of the Inspire 1 because the slave remote controller only talks to the master remote controller, usually will be close to each other.

Henry
2016-10-8
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

One more point:- some Folks here had been complaining about later firmwares which were said to have cut down the performance of the Inspire 1. According to DJI, such limitations imposed in later firmwares were designed to limit the drawdown from the battery, hence avoid excessive voltage-drop particularly in cold climates, lowering the risk of battery mid-flight shutting down. Those Folks here, however, argued that DJI should allow pilot to choose for himself maintaining performance with risk, or limiting performance with reduced risk.
Early Inspire 1s without having upgraded with later firmwares are rare gem to those Folks.
Check the version of the aircraft and the controllers. Don't update until you figure out what you have. You may have found a gem.

Henry
2016-10-8
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-8 04:32
One more point:- folks here had been complaining about later firmwares which were said to have cut d ...

I hope he did not find a "Germ "  Henry

I know you meant "GEM "

Sorry I could not help it ,  Laughing WITH You Henry Not at You .....We all make mistakes

donnie
2016-10-8
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Glad you point this out

I LOL too when noticing my typo you pointed out.

Henry
2016-10-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

tampahouse1226@ Posted at 2016-10-8 01:01
Hey Rich.

Thanks a lot. I guess I will have to find out if im happy with it or not if/when it ev ...

You need to send a friend request and then you will be able to PM that member of the forum. (looks like you have figured this out)

Henry has many good points and everything he has provided is great information that would take awhile to find on our forum.

Rich
2016-10-8
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-8 05:03
There are different versions of remote controller. Turn over to the back of it where you will find v ...

Thanks a lot for all that info, Henry. When my inspire 1 gets here I will be sure to check which versions I have and report back to this Thread.  Do you know if there is a way to check how many battery cycles the battery has gone through--- and more importantly- what this means in real world performance of the battery? For instance.. if a battery has been cycled 100 times- How can I expect that battery to perform ? I'd hate to have a battery that said 100 % at take off and rapidly drops to 0 % mid flight.... Maybe this is an unrealistic thought, but as someone knew, these are things I'm concerned with............ And germs,  You never know which germ you're gonna get.. some are good germs, some are bad.. Hoping for a good one this time around  ;)
2016-10-8
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4

United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-8 02:03
There are different versions of remote controller. Turn over to the back of it where you will find v ...

Henry, according to DJI's web page, " Both remotes receive live data and video straight from the Inspire 1, but only the Master controller sends commands to the aircraft."
I have found that my "A" model controller is weaker than my "B" model and therefore use the "B" as a Master.
I am tempted to get a "C" model after reading your comments and those of others on this subject.
2016-10-8
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-8 13:03
You need to send a friend request and then you will be able to PM that member of the forum. (looks ...

Really like your Inspire V 2.0, Rich. Want to trade? ;) I've got a possible rare Gem Version 1.0
2016-10-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

tampahouse1226@ Posted at 2016-10-8 12:26
Really like your Inspire V 2.0, Rich. Want to trade? ;) I've got a possible rare Gem Version 1.0 : ...

I am sure you will get a nice one.... If it is a older V1 gem, be sure to leave the FW alone for awhile to confirm what you have. Be sure to post what you receive once it is received.

I have been having video downlink issues with mine, so you really do not want to trade    I am waiting for the FW fix to come out, but meanwhile I have found something that is working for me.

If you decide to send it back, there are plenty of Inspire 1 V2 X3 deals out there right now.  I think that all of the Inspire's are nice and you will be happy once you get flying!

Rich
2016-10-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

tampahouse1226@ Posted at 2016-10-8 12:11
Thanks a lot for all that info, Henry. When my inspire 1 gets here I will be sure to check which v ...

each battery will indicate the times charged, this is stored in the intelligent battery memory

IMG_0146.jpg
Rich
2016-10-8
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-8 15:45
each battery will indicate the times charged, this is stored in the intelligent battery memory

Thanks Rich. I'm sure this will become clearer to me once I get it and can decide what to do from there. Sent you a PM also.. .well at least I think I did it right.
2016-10-8
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Movin on Posted at 2016-10-9 03:17
Henry, according to DJI's web page, " Both remotes receive live data and video straight from the I ...

You can search the FCC ID database for the 3 RC models for revealing the RF power output strength of them in this webpage.

The Grantee Code of SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd assigned by FCC is SS3.
The FCC IDs of the 3 RC models and their respective RF power output strengths are listed below (Source: test reports of the 3 RC models).

GL658A     SS3-GL6581410     25.55 to 25.70 dBm     Page 21 of Test Report dated 24 Oct 2014
GL658B     SS3-GL6581502     24.86 to 25.07 dBm     Page 19 of Test Report dated 11 Feb 2015
GL658C     SS3-GL658C1504     28.54 to 28.71 dBm     Page 20 of Test Repot dated 29 Apr 2015

An increase of 3 dBm means doubling the measured output RF field strength. The RF output strength difference between models A & B is very small. However, the RF output of model C is double that of model A and is more than double that of model B.

Hope this help.

Henry

FCCID.io-2432593.pdf

835.47 KB, Down times: 23

GL658A

FCCID.io-2535091.pdf

815.16 KB, Down times: 2

GL658B

FCCID.io-2638191.pdf

891.11 KB, Down times: 5

GL658C

2016-10-8
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-8 20:15
You can search the FCC ID database for the 3 RC models for revealing the RF power output strength  ...

Henry,

That's great info, thank you. It seems like most people believe that the inspire 1 I will be getting is one that was produced before September of 2015. I'm not sure when DJI started making Inspire 1's.

I feel like if the date when the Inspire 1 was made corresponds to the model of the controller and it's power, then there is almost no chance my remotes will have a C suffix, right?  I mean, is there a possibility that earlier model Inspire 1's came with a C suffix controller and later one's had an A or B?

I guess I'm saying I feel like it makes sense that Earliest Inspire 1's produced would Have A or B controllers and later ones would have C's... But I know absolutely nothing and wondering what your thoughts could be on that since you seem very knowledgeable on the topic.

Thanks!
2016-10-8
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I am not sure when DJI started to deliver version C RC remotes. Any model to me is considered well beyond my needs in terms of control range and resistance on interference.  I hope you will enjoy the Inspire 1 being delivered to you.

From my recollection, DJI started rolling out the Inspire 1 around Feb 2015.
2016-10-8
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-8 15:45

Rich,

Got your PM. It is so strange and maybe a glitch with the site with new accounts. I definitely sent you a PM the first time and it looked like it went through. It was a lengthy message. So I responded to the one you sent me with a similar length message - Hit send- and My message showed up under yours... When i went to go back to send you another message on something I forgot, I opened up your PM again and saw no Trace of my message I just left..   Haha.. Maybe DJI needs to work out the bugs in their website along with their Firmware.... But the Mavic is probably taking priority over that too.
2016-10-8
Use props
tampahouse1226
lvl.1

United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-8 22:32
I am not sure when DJI started to deliver version C RC remotes. Any model to me is considered well b ...

Thanks Henry,

Quick question: Does the RF output being double of the previous version equal double the range the inspire will reach before losing a signal?
2016-10-8
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

With all other factors equal, doubling the RF power may push an extra control range of 41% approximately, i.e. approx. from 3.5km to 5km.

Henry
2016-10-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules