X5 Camera settings lost after changing the batteries?
1001 9 2016-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flire8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2546572 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

My configuration is Inspire 1 PRO + one controller + IPAD Air (1.st generation w. 32 GB).

Whenever a new flight must readjust some camera settings. When i set ISO 100, after switched aircraft on again is there ISO Auto, instead of set AEB is back Single shot, AF/MF assistants are switched off, ...  Only selected photo mode and selected apreture remains. My colleague with Android tablet has not this problem.

Any idea, please?

2016-10-6
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Try and turn the system on an off in this order see if it helps

For turning System on
1 Transmitter
2 Aircraft
3 Go app  ( Device can be on but open Go app Last )

For Turning system Off

1  Aircraft  ( at this time you could just switch batteries )
2  Transmitter
3  go app and device

Try it this way once and see if it helps

donnie
2016-10-7
Use props
flire8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-7 17:58
Try and turn the system on an off in this order see if it helps

For turning System on

Thank you for answer. Normally, turn on the transmitter first, but I DJI GO application running continuously (tablet only used for flying). But even so, I hope that after landing and replacing the batteries do not need to turn off the transmitter and close the application? That is my biggest problem, even when replacing batteries in aircraft camera settings are forgotten. Where are the camera settings stored? In the GO app? In the aircraft or in the camera X5?
2016-10-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

flire8 Posted at 2016-10-10 06:13
Thank you for answer. Normally, turn on the transmitter first, but I DJI GO application running co ...

The camera settings  ( Not 100%positive ) are stored on the Aircraft .
When changing batteries no , you dont have to shut down the whole system, I dont and dont loose my settings.    I will test mine as well with my X5 .
Meanwhile try my powering on/ off procedure.

donnie

2016-10-10
Use props
flire8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-10 13:57
The camera settings  ( Not 100%positive ) are stored on the Aircraft .
When changing batteries no , ...

Yes, it's on X5 camera, but a similar problem I had with this iPad before, when I flew Phantom 3 (there only AEB setting was lost).
2016-10-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

flire8 Posted at 2016-10-10 07:09
Yes, it's on X5 camera, but a similar problem I had with this iPad before, when I flew Phantom 3 ( ...

You do know the entire system must  be " On " to make any changes correct ?  If this happened to you with the Phantom as well, that tells me it may not be getting Stored correctly because of the Order in which it is opened and closed .  

Give my method a try , I am going to test mine also .  

***The Go app updates have not made a difference have they ?  
I have some time this Am and going to test right now ...

donnie

2016-10-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

I just tested and the AF MF assistant shuts Off no matter what , so I am wrong on this , I do know that it works with other settings just not these.  I learned something today .

Are you sure the Android if shut down complete maintains the AF MF settings to On ?
My testing shows that the Settings for MF And AF are stored on the Aircraft or Camera and NOT the RC or Go app.

Donnie
2016-10-10
Use props
flire8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-10 14:19
You do know the entire system must  be " On " to make any changes correct ?  If this happened to yo ...

Thank you Donnie, at home i try to shoot a short video describing my trouble.  My previous procedure was this:

1. Power on remote controller
2. Power on Ipad Air (DJI GO app is running - i do not terminate her)
3. Power on aircraft (with mounted X5 camera) and transform to landing mode
4. Set AEB, ISO, AF/MF assistants, ...
5. Fly
6. Land
7. Power off aircraft only / change battery
8. Power on arcraft -> previous settings at point 4. is lost
2016-10-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

flire8 Posted at 2016-10-10 07:39
Thank you Donnie, at home i try to shoot a short video describing my trouble.  My previous procedu ...

Yes I get it , thanks, as soon as the AC is powered off the settings go away, I am just curious as to why the Android version does not loose the setting.  Can you have your friend confirm this .  

donnie
2016-10-10
Use props
flire8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-10 14:47
Yes I get it , thanks, as soon as the AC is powered off the settings go away, I am just curious as ...

To be sure, I'll still do the same at home on my mobile phone with Android, and let you know. Thank you for your interest and support!
2016-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules