Phantom 2 Assistant Application STOP WORKING
4300 13 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thermappopgal.g
New

Israel

Hello,

Today when I tried run the "DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant" at my PC with Windows 7, after a few seconds pops up a message "Assistant Application has stoppes working" and the software get closed.
I have used the Assistant before and I had no problem.
I also tried to install the new 3.8 version and the problem returns it self.
The problem returns also at the Windows XP at another PC I use.

How can I fix it?

2015-2-2
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Is the phantom connected to PC when you try to open assistant software ?
2015-2-2
Use props
madrmm.yahoo
New

United States

tonyphantom147. Posted at 2015-2-2 19:41
Is the phantom connected to PC when you try to open assistant software ?

I am having the same problem, which started on 1 Feb 2015. First time was with Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.6 and then with v3.8 after I uninstalled v3.6 and installed v3.8. Prior to 1 Feb, the Assistant software (v3.6) was performing fine.

Note this is happening on my primary PC, running Windows 8.1, but not on my laptop, also running Windows 8.1. As of 4 Feb 2015, I have v3.8 Assistant software loaded on both.

On my PC, it doesn't matter if my Phantom 2 (non-vision) is connected to the PC. The Assistant crash happens whether the Phantom is connected and turned on or off or not connected at all. I've tried it all ways.

In my case, when I open the Assistant software on the PC, the Phantom 2 interface appears, along with a separate box immediately popping up prompting for (DJI) User Login. If I log in, and it doesn't matter if the "Remember Me" is checked or not, the Announcements box then pops up and that's when the crash occurs, along with a Windows message box appearing, which states: "Assistant Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Of course, Windows does not notify me of a solution.

On PC, Windows Logs--Event Viewer has an Application Error showing the following:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phantom2.exe
   54c8b658
   ntdll.dll
   54516af9
   c0000005
   000422b1
   167c
   01d040bbbf0a1ac1
   C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8\Phantom2.exe
   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
   0e643ce7-acaf-11e4-8178-000272ccf7c8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I copied the ntdll.dll from my laptop to the PC (to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll) , thinking the PC's original ntdll.dll might be corrupted, but that did no good.

Also ran "sfc /scannow" and performed a "chkdsk /R", neither of which solved the problem. Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling v3.8 and then uninstalled 3.8 and reinstalled v3.6....all to no avail. The problem persists with both versions.

What I did find out on the PC through trial and error is that if I cancel out of the User Login box, the Announcements box does not automatically pop up and the Assistant software does not crash. Also, if I do log in and check the "Remember Me" in the User Login, Windows will record this to the system registry. Then when I open the Assistant software, I am no longer prompted to login and the Announcements box automatically appears, causing the software to crash once again (and again and again) until I delete the registry entry containing the saved DJI login info.

Once more, I am not having the same problem on the laptop. There the Assistant software User Login causes no problem and the Announcements box is not automatically popping up after I log in.

Until the problem on the PC is corrected, I am choosing to "Cancel" out of the User Login box. When I do that, the Announcements box does not automatically appear, and I am able to avoid the crash and use the Assistant software without any problem.
2015-2-4
Use props
petersinbox.mai
New

United Kingdom

Any fixes for this yet, Im having the same issue?
2015-2-4
Use props
Jonnymurton
New

United Kingdom

I have the same issue. madrmm.yahoo how do you clear the System Registry folder to remove the offending issue? I am running Windows 7.
Regards
Jonny
2015-2-4
Use props
martee2z
New

United States

Jonnymurton Posted at 2015-2-5 15:48
I have the same issue. madrmm.yahoo how do you clear the System Registry folder to remove the offend ...

Jonnymurton--on 5 Feb 2014, I opened DJI Phantom 2 Assistant on PC, where I've been having the Assistant crash problems, logged in in the "User Login" box (also put a check in the "Remember Me" box), and the Announcements box popped up as it has been doing--which was when the Assistant software would crash. But this time no crash.

Instead there was an actual announcement from DJI about rolling back firmware from v3.10 to v3.08. I read the announcement, chose "Close" on the Announcements box, and the Assistant software stayed open with no problem. I exited Assistant software and reopened it several times with my saved login and password intact and had no problems. Maybe you'll have the same success, too.

But if you still need to delete your Assistant software DJI login info for any reason, it is under:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dji

Under Dji you should see two subdirectories if you put a check in "Remember Me" box when you logged in using the "User Login" box that pops up after Assistant software is opened.

The two subdirectories are Accounts and Phantom2. The subdirectory I deleted was Accounts. This gets rid of your saved (Remember Me) DJI login and password info for the Assistant software. After deleting this subdirectory, if you log in again after opening Assistant software and check the Remember Me box, the Accounts subdirectory will once again be created in the registry with saved login (E-mail) and password info.

2015-2-5
Use props
petersinbox.mai
New

United Kingdom

Problem seems to have been resolved now, mine is running ok too with no announcement page.
2015-2-5
Use props
petersinbox.mai
New

United Kingdom

Spoke too soon. Assistant now shuts down each time whilst trying to download a firmware update in order to attempt to solve the problem DJI have caused with the Vision App update crashing when adjusting the gimbal. So now have an Assistant that doesnt work and an App that doesnt work but both were working perfectly. Does the phrase "if its not broken dont try and fix it" no have a Chinese equivalent? DJI are going to have to get their act together in the software department if they dont want Yuneec taking all their customers.
2015-2-5
Use props
erikhrast
New

Slovenia

petersinbox.mai Posted at 2015-2-6 03:47
Spoke too soon. Assistant now shuts down each time whilst trying to download a firmware update in or ...

Did you solve this? I have the same issue
2015-6-29
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Try reloading the Windows driver.Also try a different USB port on the PC.
2015-7-1
Use props
zsteve
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have the same problem... anyone found a fix for this yet? I am running Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. assistant loads fine then the message window opens and  then a windows error window stating assistant has stopped working. only option is to close.
I run it on the laptop instead now without any issues there.
2015-7-2
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Right click on the icon and try running it in the administrator mode. See if that works for any of you.
2015-7-3
Use props
stroganov.v
New
Flight distance : 18750 ft
Lithuania

Tried admin mode, compitabilty modes, canceling login, replacing  ssleay32.dll. NO help

Hi guys, i'm new to this place. Would really appreciate if you coul help me.
Anyone had DJI Soft assistant crashing? Can't update firmware on my pahtnom 2. Details in comment.
It launches but crashes after aprox 10 seconds
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Phantom2.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.2
Application Timestamp: 54c8b658
Fault Module Name: ssleay32.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 40d19a50
Exception Offset: 00022788
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008