Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No zoom with filmic pro from osmo mobile
5411 9 2016-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ebaez12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118888 ft
United States

i recently purchased the OM and filmic pro. With the Dji go app you can zoom directly from the gimbal. But with filmic pro it's not possible. It seems that the osmo mobile doesn't communicate with the app to use the zoom. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to manually use the zoom from the phone?

2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, it's a 3rd party app,

This is what they said in their website:

FiLMiC Pro v5.3 adds support for the newly-announced DJI OSMO Mobile hand-held stabilizer. OSMO Mobile customers will have the ability to activate common FiLMiC Pro features directly from the OSMO Mobile’s hardware interface including: Start/stop record, focus/exposure lock, and focus pulls.

It didn't say zooming
2016-10-7
Use props
Jimmyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9987 ft
United Kingdom

I can't get mine to communicate with Filmic at all, won't start/stop without me pressing the on-screen control.
2016-10-8
Use props
Ebaez12
lvl.1
United States

Jimmy same here. I would have to start/stop from the screen.
2016-10-8
Use props
Ebaez12
lvl.1
United States

I think I can start/stop on the stock camera with the OM
2016-10-8
Use props
k1zhBR0ZgbIJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 540902 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

any update on this? i've also tried and seems like there's no response on the said control features.
2016-10-14
Use props
fans3a86a9c6
lvl.1
Canada

I just purchased this app today.  It's buggy on the iPhone 7 but it does connect with the Osmo moble without any difficulty.  I't really a problem where the zoom is concerned.  Especially having the zoom on the right hand of the screen which makes accessing it for right handed Osmo holders difficult. I hope they add zoom in the near future...
2017-1-19
Use props
A1000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

fans3a86a9c6 Posted at 2017-1-19 10:42
I just purchased this app today.  It's buggy on the iPhone 7 but it does connect with the Osmo moble without any difficulty.  I't really a problem where the zoom is concerned.  Especially having the zoom on the right hand of the screen which makes accessing it for right handed Osmo holders difficult. I hope they add zoom in the near future...

Like you I've found it a touch buggy and it has binned out mid-video which has been frustrating.  I'm currently trying an equivalent called Mavis at the moment which is a tad more expensive but has some additional feature such as focus peaking which I quite like.
2017-1-19
Use props
young-nyc 3
Second Officer
United States

Make sure you to also go the Filmic Pro settings -> Hardware, scroll down and click on DJI Osmo mobile as the device and then select the dji mobile from the bluetooth list
2017-1-19
Use props
fans5a63f7c2
New
United States

You can.  Push the "camera" button on the Osmo mobile repeatedly until the "zoom" arc appears.  You can then zoom with the toggle on the Osmo.
2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules