Flew my Phantom with a defective propeller
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
warloc59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209160 ft
  • >>>

I installed a new set of propellers I bought from dji.  And noticed a bit of a vibration.  I figured it was ok to fly.  And i'd look into buying one of them devices to balance the props.  Flew over open water no problem.  Landed back home.  And while inspecting my Phantom I noticed one propeller only seats half way down the shaft.  Defective propeller.  And I flew it like that.  LOL..  Operator error for sure to fly.  Won't let that happen again. Using force I was able to get the propeller to seat all the way down the shaft.  But now I'm inclined to chuck it in the trash.  It seats with some effert, but I'm afraid the hub will crack in flight.  I sent an email off to dji support.  I hope they find it in thier heart to replace the propeller.  
2016-10-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It might be a good idea to check the locking device on the motor shaft, as the propeller may not be the only part that was damaged.
2016-10-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Which drone do you have? As you posted under Phantom 3.There is no locking device on the Phantom 3 motor shafts, or rotors, so it must be a defective thread in the rotor blade hub.

Do other rotor blades screw on smooth and down tight? Or lock down firm.

Don't throw it out, get them (where you purchased it) to replace the pair of blades. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-10-7
Use props
warloc59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209160 ft
  • >>>

I have 3 sets of rotor blades.  All fit perfect except for just the one blade.  I have a Phantom 3 Pro.  It is a defective blade.  End of story.  

2016-10-8
Use props
afiend69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

glad it was a short story
2016-10-8
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States