Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Join the DJI Mavic Beta Project
123Next >
22433 112 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-PM
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Become a DJI Mavic Pro Firmware Beta Tester

Dear Creator,

DJI is looking for 100 Mavic Pro owners to test the first Mavic beta firmware release and provide feedback before it goes public.

Participants in the beta test will get to:

•    Receive DJI Credits which can be used for purchases in the DJI Online Store.

•    Trial and provide feedback on the Mavic beta firmware.

•    Suggest new features, report bugs, and access private tester discussion forums.

If you have already ordered a Mavic go to https://portal.dji-beta.com, log in using your DJI Account and apply for the Mavic Beta Project.

The deadline for registrations is October 14th.

We look forward to working with you!

Regards,

DJI Mavic Beta Team

2016-10-8
Use props
sbug206
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

It won't let me sign up without a serial number for the Mavic. How can we get a serial number when we don't have them yet? And they don't ship until after registration deadline??
2016-10-8
Use props
F6B-Rider
lvl.2

sbug206 Posted at 2016-10-9 12:29
It won't let me sign up without a serial number for the Mavic. How can we get a serial number when w ...

I had no issue signing up, do you have a DJI account? Sign in with that and enter 'On Order' in the serial number space for the Mavic. Be sure to add any other quad's you may have.
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

sbug206 Posted at 2016-10-9 12:29
It won't let me sign up without a serial number for the Mavic. How can we get a serial number when w ...

Hi sir,
You can enter some arbitrary numbers firstly and correct it with the right SN number when you receive the machine. May I know when will your receive your Mavic?
2016-10-8
Use props
dsOnlV8h5E11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2989 ft
Germany

Had registred and choose a placeholder serial # mavic will arrive end october for me ... first order.
SnappyFPV
2016-10-9
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

This seems to imply that the shipping date given of mid October isn't going to happen. The 14th October is pretty much the middle of October, and that is the cut off point for Beta testers to apply for consideration. For Beta testers to be of any real value, there must be a period of time before general release, so their feedback can iron out any teething problems that haven't come to light yet. This begs the question how long will this trial period of testing last before the general release of the Mavic to all those that have put in their order in advance, given the original shipping delivery date was mid October 2016. (In fairness the year wasn't given, so maybe I'm a year or two out!) Not having a go at anyone in particular, just frustrated by the anticipation of receiving something that has been billed as the best thing since sliced bread.
2016-10-9
Use props
D&G
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2016-10-8 20:44
Hi sir,
You can enter some arbitrary numbers firstly and correct it with the right SN number when  ...

It looks like the arbitrary number worked for for applying. How can we find out when we will receive Mavic Pro orders? Mine just says - Payment success and shipping status "Pending".

Thanks
2016-10-9
Use props
D&G
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-8 22:50
This seems to imply that the shipping date given of mid October isn't going to happen. The 14th Octo ...

Recruitment Period:
07/10/2016 to 14/10/2016
Validity Period:
14/10/2016 to 23/10/2016

On the app page the test seems to only last a little over 1 week.

Maybe in the past buyers who first receive their Phantom 4s or other DJI launched drones all flew with early firmware? Anyone know if that happened in the past?

2nd possibility DJI wants testers for their next firmware update?

Or maybe you are right and the Mavic Pro could be a wait.
2016-10-9
Use props
KLRico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 428448 ft
United States

My best guess is that the Mavic is shipping with a perfectly serviceable 1.0 firmware and software, and the beta is for future development. I don't think they're holding shipment until they're satisfied with the beta or anything like that.
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-9 16:50
This seems to imply that the shipping date given of mid October isn't going to happen. The 14th Octo ...

Hi sir, the firmware we are going to test is the public one which users need to upgrade to when they receive their machines. It won't have any effect on the estimated shipping date~
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

KLRico Posted at 2016-10-9 17:15
My best guess is that the Mavic is shipping with a perfectly serviceable 1.0 firmware and software,  ...

Yes sir, you are right.
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

D&G Posted at 2016-10-9 16:50
It looks like the arbitrary number worked for for applying. How can we find out when we will receiv ...

I will check with our online store collleagues.
2016-10-9
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Can I just check, if any issues arise flight/crash wise due to firmware testing, this would still be covered wrnty wise yes?
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

pdbim25eeT7h Posted at 2016-10-9 17:45
Can I just check, if any issues arise flight/crash wise due to firmware testing, this would still be ...

We have the detailed explaination about this in our agreement~Will check it now.
2016-10-9
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

DJI Beta site does not like Microsoft Edge.  Suggest using another browser.
2016-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2016-10-9 11:22
We have the detailed explaination about this in our agreement~Will check it now.

The link leads me to a page but nothing on the page seems to be responding.
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-9 20:00
The link leads me to a page but nothing on the page seems to be responding.

You can upload a screenshot and pls confirm the link is portal.dji-beta.com
2016-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2016-10-9 13:30
You can upload a screenshot and pls confirm the link is portal.dji-beta.com

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cn9d65 ... %2037%2038.png?dl=0 here's the link
2016-10-9
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I am assuming that Beta is checking where in the order line any tester/applicant is,  to ensure the Mavic is received before this project starts since the limit is 100?
2016-10-9
Use props
sbug206
Second Officer
Canada

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2016-10-9 14:44
Hi sir,
You can enter some arbitrary numbers firstly and correct it with the right SN number when  ...

I just placed an order with my local dealer and they're expecting their first shipment on Oct 21. They're the largest professional photography store in Canada so I expect they'll get priority and more allocation.
2016-10-9
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

What discount do I get to GETa Mavic and join the Beta?
2016-10-9
Use props
dannyb81666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

I have just applied, uploaded my ID etc, looking forward to it if i'm lucky enough to get picked ... also very much looking forward to receiving the Mavic  ... fingers crossed!
2016-10-9
Use props
Vladimir5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1056 ft
Russia

I want to participate in the testing, management experience from May 3 to DJI Professinall? but geographically I am in Russia in Nizhny Novgorod, my work as a videographer posted on Youtube. Subscribe to my channel and see other videos. Thanks for visiting!
Subscribe to my channel and see other videos. Thanks for visiting
https:! // Www. youtube. com / channel / UCzbP3jlMsGspujs_uDRD4Hw

2016-10-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Not the best registration process but it works. The counter does not refresh so one doesn't know how many have signed up already. Anyway, happy to test out new stuff.
2016-10-9
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Wait, didn't I read this was supposed to ship without requiring firmware updates?

??

"This begs the question how long will this trial period of testing last..."  Just to be picky but you mean "This raises the question..".  Begging the question is a logical fallacy where you present the question itself as your argument.
2016-10-9
Use props
KLRico
lvl.2
United States

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-9 11:52
Wait, didn't I read this was supposed to ship without requiring firmware updates?

??

It doesn't need a firmware update out of the box. This is for future development.
2016-10-9
Use props
KLRico
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone else had trouble uploading ID? I've tried a few different browsers and it always gets ~75% of the way and then an error pops up (doesn't say anything besides "error"). I'm trying to upload a 1MB jpg.
2016-10-9
Use props
F6B-Rider
lvl.2

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-9 16:50

If you read the email this is for Beta testing firmware on the Mavic, I take this to mean future firmware revisions. DJI normally has several firmware revisions right after launch once they start getting bug reports from users.
2016-10-9
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

bigglyguy wrote  "Begging the question is a logical fallacy where you present the question itself as your argument."

Begs the question is a term that comes from formal logic. It's a translation of the Latin phrase petitio principii, and it's used to mean that someone has made a conclusion based on a premise that lacks support.

Sorry to be petty, and I really should not have risen to the bait, but pedantry deserves a reply. Lets stick to the subject.
2016-10-10
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

sbug206 Posted at 2016-10-9 21:25
I just placed an order with my local dealer and they're expecting their first shipment on Oct 21.  ...

Why would you place an order in Canada from someone?  You are going to be paying a lot more for it then if you just bought it through DJI and paid the exchange rate.  If you buy the unit from say Bestbuy, you will pay 1349 plus tax.  If you buy it from DJI it's 999 plus exchange and that should work out to around 1320 without tax.  Plus most places won't let you return it if it is opened, at least DJI will.
2016-10-10
Use props
sbug206
Second Officer
Canada

Lepus Posted at 2016-10-10 19:12
Why would you place an order in Canada from someone?  You are going to be paying a lot more for it  ...

Because I'm not going to be waiting until mid November for it. I also get someone local to deal with. The taxes don't matter since I write it off for my business.
2016-10-10
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2016-10-9 02:31
Hi sir, the firmware we are going to test is the public one which users need to upgrade to when th ...

I have applied for the beta program.  My Mavic is on order with the DJI store.  Hopefully they will ship me one soon so I can get started!  (Looking forward to it.)
2016-10-10
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been accepted, logged in the to the Beta-Tester portal, and selected the Mavic project.  It now just says "certification" with nothing else to be entered in terms of information.  Does DJI need proof of my registration with the FAA, or, is this simply a notice of some other internal "DJI certification" that the page is displaying?  Does DJI need any other information from me?  Thank you for your reply.
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

dannyb81666@gma Posted at 2016-10-10 01:35
I have just applied, uploaded my ID etc, looking forward to it if i'm lucky enough to get picked ... ...

Thanks for your support!
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

KLRico Posted at 2016-10-10 03:15
Has anyone else had trouble uploading ID? I've tried a few different browsers and it always gets ~75 ...

Just checked that 1MB is non-supported. We are extending the limitation.
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-10-11 05:05
I have been accepted, logged in the to the Beta-Tester portal, and selected the Mavic project.  It n ...

Hi sir, the status means that your application is under certificating. After approving it will changed to application passed and you will receive an Email
2016-10-11
Use props
ahr69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83612 ft
  • >>>

We're in. Beta test is a go, with confirmation email and sign in to the guide. Previously, paid Mavic Pro Combo and Care Refresh. Not taking any chances. Best of luck to all those battling that online process. Can we start with recoding that admission site?
2016-10-11
Use props
Pawan.jain.ca
New

United States

Hello, I am getting stuck in product profile page. It doesnt move to the next page after I click the Save button.

2016-10-11
Use props
zach5150
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225148 ft

I've registered as a beta tester and my application is being reviewed. I ordered the Mavic Pro on Oct 6th so I have no idea when it'll arrive.
2016-10-11
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2016-10-11 03:16
Hi sir, the status means that your application is under certificating. After approving it will cha ...

My status shows as "certificating" as well.  

2016-10-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules