Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Mobile how to erase video/photo data from iPhone
12Next >
17429 51 2016-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
giftXmllvd7e
New

United States

I can't for the life of me figure out how to erase the GB's of data from the DJI GO app, even after all videos and photos were deleted from within the app (after wasting way too much time downloading to Apple Photos of course). I rebooted phone, opened and closed the DJI GO app, still 5GB of data listed under the DJI GO app. Finally I removed the DJI GO app from my phone and downloaded it again and the data was gone and I recovered the 5GB of storage on my iPhone. There HAS to be a better way.
As an aside, where do I start with how time consuming and frustrating the DJI GO app has become? Missing photos and videos? Auto focus issues? Photos and videos are not automatically stored on Apple Photos, instead they each individually need to be accessed within the DJI GO app then downloaded/saved to Apple Photos?

For OSMO Mobile not to suck the life out of everyone who uses it, there needs to be a way to simply connect the phone to a computer and drag and drop all the video and photo files into a folder at one time, just as you would data from a MicroSD card like you would a Phantom or Osmo+.

SO many issues right now with the OSMO Mobile expressed by so many folks. I hope DJI addresses them all effectively and efficiently.
2016-10-9
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree - it's crazy that the video is not stored right in the photos app.
2016-10-9
Use props
ricardoghion
Captain
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>

é um saco ter que salvar o video antes de baixar!! Pessimo!
2016-10-9
Use props
mclemens2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 44022 ft

Got to agree, the way things were before the latest update were much better. Moving and then getting rid of photos and videos is a real pain in the ass.
2016-10-9
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 901404 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same question. It seems even if you clear the cache in the settings of the DJI GO app, the original video files still remain on the device with no way of deleting. You CAN DELETE the files via iTunes. Connect your phone to iTunes, on the left select 'apps' then scroll down to the bottom of the page. A list of all apps that hold data appear. Select the DJI app then on the right you will see a folder 'HG300' There is two, but the one you want is the one with GB's of info inside. I am on a mac and you can not right click the folder, which is where I got stuck. To delete you have to press the delete key on the keyboard, then you have the option to delete the folder.

Not ideal, but it is a way of completely removing the video files without a reinstall of the app.

2016-10-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, the videos and photos are stored in APP directly instead of Apple Photos, thus making it more convenient to free up your phone's memory, beside you could choose to save what you want manually.
On the other hand, it's improved to solve the issue that shooting time is short.You could delete the files on the APP directly if you do not save them to your phone, while you need delete them on your phone as well.
2016-10-12
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The issue is deleting the files. There seems to be no way within the app itself to delete the full res files. Settings allows to clear the cache, but the original full res files remain on the device.

2016-10-12
Use props
m.powley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1535 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stephentaber@me Posted at 2016-10-12 12:22
The issue is deleting the files. There seems to be no way within the app itself to delete the full r ...

The DJI Go UI and workflow really needs a lot more work. I can't get screenshots right now as I dont have my Osmo Mobile with me right now, which is another issue. You cant access the media in app without first setting up and connecting to the Osmo Mobile.

If I recall though to delete a file you first select to play and then deselect before re-selecting. This will then display a trash can in the bottom right hand corner of the fade in/slide in menu. If this doesn't make sense let me know and I will get some screenshots later.

My thoughts:

We need a way to manage the files in app without connecting to the Osmo Mobile
We need some settings for how media is managed i.e. store in Apple Photos or in DJI Go, delete from DJI after transferring to Photos, prompt to delete etc.
We could also benefit from an easier delete option and a multiple select and transfer/delete option too.

Possibly more, but those are the first to spring to mind.

2016-10-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, can you tell me your phone model number, iOS version, DJI Go app verison, and Osmo Mobile's firmware version? Thank you.

We were trying to replicate this but couldn't. Need more info, thank you for your help.
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Stephentaber@me Posted at 2016-10-12 15:11
I have the same question. It seems even if you clear the cache in the settings of the DJI GO app, th ...

Hi, can you tell me your phone model number, iOS version, DJI Go app verison, and Osmo Mobile's firmware version? Thank you.

We were trying to replicate this but couldn't. Need more info, thank you for your help.
2016-10-13
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-14 05:08
Hi, can you tell me your phone model number, iOS version, DJI Go app verison, and Osmo Mobile's fi ...

I don't have my Osmo Mobile, but everything is latest. iPhone 6s, IOS 10.0.2 (14A456) Latest DJI go from the app store. It seems there is on occasion a trash can appear at the bottom of the UI, but probably only 10% of the time. It seems the issue is the trash can not showing consistently within the app
2016-10-14
Use props
andy.ch1
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-12 12:07
Hi, the videos and photos are stored in APP directly instead of Apple Photos, thus making it more co ...

Well, this App is getting worse from release to release! Maybe it would be a good idea to listen to what the customer wants. From my customer view, please put the image and video media directly into the iOS Photos as it was before.
The frustration Experienced with this app and the pathetic fix process has converted me from a DJI promoter to a detractor.
2016-10-20
Use props
FixTheOsmoMobil
New

Having the same problem here. Not only is exporting more than one video at a time impossible, I now have 3 gigs worth of video that I can't get rid of. Keeping the videos in app doesn't help with space either. @DJI do you know when these issues will be be fixed?
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

FixTheOsmoMobil Posted at 2016-10-21 07:33
Having the same problem here. Not only is exporting more than one video at a time impossible, I now  ...

Hi, please try the 3.0.1 DJI Go app, this space-occupying issue should be fixed now
2016-10-20
Use props
andy.ch1
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-21 05:52
Hi, please try the 3.0.1 DJI Go app, this space-occupying issue should be fixed now

By the way, information to DJI-GO users; although I formally reported this bug over the DJI support channel and followed up several times, the EU support is also ignoring this issue. Their only feedback was "We have more important stuff to take care of".
The issue that media is locked in the DJI app is NOT resolved with 3.0.1!
What a shame.
2016-10-21
Use props
eemagliamc
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-26
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

On my Osmo mobile and Iphone 6s, I think the originals can be deleted in DJI Go using the "manage" button. Unfortunately, that's all that can be done in Manage. It doesn't allow you to put multiple files into the photo app or somehow get them out of the Go App.

This workflow is driving me crazy - having to waste time selecting each video clip and then moving it to the movie section and then to the photos app - and then into my computer!

Thor - please put a request in for a way - one step - to put multiple videos from the Osmo Mobile directly into the Photo app. Or, better yet, have a setting where we can allow the videos and photos to ONLY go the IOS photos app and bypass the Go App.

I think most users are NOT editing inside the Go App....so having this as the default is a waste.

Thanks!
2016-10-27
Use props
TheodoreRex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 686975 ft
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2016-10-27 10:42
On my Osmo mobile and Iphone 6s, I think the originals can be deleted in DJI Go using the "manage" b ...

The best place to REMOVE the data files from the iPhone is using the DJI GO app when the OSMO IS ON AN CONNECTED.  The Workflow of the OSMO probably makes sense to the Programmers, but it makes NO SENSE to Photographers/Videographers.   

The issue is discussed more fully here: EXPORTING VIDEO ON DJI GO APP OSMO MOBILE   (http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=67413&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D367%26typeid%3D367)
2016-10-30
Use props
MrPatrickHenry
lvl.1

United States

PLEASE Can we the user have the choice where the files are saved either the app or the camera roll.. this is becoming a daily nuisance.
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

MrPatrickHenry Posted at 2016-12-12 10:24
PLEASE Can we the user have the choice where the files are saved either the app or the camera roll.. this is becoming a daily nuisance.

it's saved into app by default, so is Filmic Pro, because of the calculation of storage in iOS systems.

You can bulk save into camera roll then.
2016-12-11
Use props
fans113e1f33
New
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-11 23:03
it's saved into app by default, so is Filmic Pro, because of the calculation of storage in iOS systems.

You can bulk save into camera roll then.

I am devastated!!!  I just lost all of my precious film, videos, photos of my 92 Y/o mother from my visit because I could not download them onto phone due to insufficient storage.  I emptied my caches both video and photos.  I couldn't save the rest still. I am new I will admit, but the last button I hit was clear the mobile files.  I sadly tried this and yes.... I cleared all the files.
HOW IN THE H#(* does one save the pics ?   If you attempt to save them you fill the storage cache, you empty the cache and it still says too full....
Please this was a devastating loss as I will probaby never see my elderly mother alive again.
I bought the DJI just for this trip.  I wished I hadn't.  I will encourage eveyone I know to purchase anything but the DJI.
2017-3-25
Use props
fans83cc1767
Banned

United States

2017-3-26
Use props
alanmore
New

China

Hey,
If you would like to erase photos and videos from iPhone, you can directly delete them from your iPhone easily. If you want to eraser them permanently, you need to use iPhone data eraser software. It can scan your iPhone deeply and eraser photos and videos from your iPhone immanently.  Learn how to deleted photos from iPhone permanently here.
2017-3-27
Use props
Kmascteras
New

United States

To complete delete photos ?  i am recommend you use this iPhone Eraser software,which can help you to delete photos on iPhone permanently ,at the same time,   it can make you able to permanently deleted files, SMS,contacts,videos,chat history ,app,so no from iPhone ,you can like me to clean iPhone space by remove the junk files or unless need data  on iPhone
2017-3-28
Use props
Mansctery
New

Japan

Kmascteras Posted at 2017-3-28 19:08
To complete delete photos ?  i am recommend you use this iPhone Eraser software,which can help you to delete photos on iPhone permanently ,at the same time,   it can make you able to permanently deleted files, SMS,contacts,videos,chat history ,app,so no from iPhone ,you can like me to clean iPhone space by remove the junk files or unless need data  on iPhone

In addition to your  method, I also know that another way to wipe iphone photos
The principle is that first write a set of random digits to the phone, then factory reset. there photos or other data on the phone will be overwritten and it is more secure.
2017-3-30
Use props
serenasmith45
New

United States

Well, may I suggest a powerful tool like iMyFone Umate Pro? Since you already deleted photos and videos, you can check "Erase Deleted Data" mode to erase data permanently without the chance of recovery. I tried it. It really works.
2017-3-31
Use props
Unasfer
New

Hong Kong

If you want to delete photos from iPhone,the common method you may want to try is to go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase photos on your iPhone. but the photos are not  deleted from iPhone completely ,
To completely remove iPhone everything , you need to use the iOS Data Erase tool , which can be used to delete and erase everything from iPhone .iPod,iPad ,
2017-4-22
Use props
Gnaitery
New

Hong Kong

There are a lot of way for us to erase everything from iPhone , as long as the deleted data can not recovered on iPhone . it is ok.
2017-5-3
Use props
fansc4c8a652
New

China

You can erase data from iPhone manually but this is not ideal or practical when you have a lot of data to delete. So I would like to introduce you a professional iPhone erasing app called iOS Data Eraser. This app can help you delete iPhone data completely or you can choose specific data. You can learn how to delete iPhone data by reading their tutorials.

2017-5-8
Use props
fansc56cc39c
Banned

United States

2017-5-18
Use props
Mengtery
New

United States

To permanently delete iPhone photos . the Safeweip can assist you , for me , before selling my iPhone, i just use it to completely wipe iPhone photos , after i done , the iPhone photos has been deleted from iPhone permanently , the recovery tool  can not even restore them back
2017-5-19
Use props
cameracraze
New

Israel

Just lost two days worth of foreign travel videos. 1st day's files had to be "clipped" in order to save locally on iPhone 5s. (DJI error message says '500mb max'.)  Doing so filled up the cache leaving no room to save days 2 and 3. Per DJI instruction on separate thread, using "clear video cache" removed/deleted GO files but left my iPhone's memory full. Heartbreaking experience.
2017-6-20
Use props
cameracraze
New

United States

cameracraze Posted at 2017-6-20 15:35
Just lost two days worth of foreign travel videos. 1st day's files had to be "clipped" in order to save locally on iPhone 5s. (DJI error message says '500mb max'.)  Doing so filled up the cache leaving no room to save days 2 and 3. Per DJI instruction on separate thread, using "clear video cache" removed/deleted GO files but left my iPhone's memory full. Heartbreaking experience.

And now DJI GO has failed to store my panorama pics. Nothing to show for a day's work except videos. I viewed the group of panorama pics earlier in the day from the app. Now, they're GONE, just GONE!  
2017-6-25
Use props
Ryan Lanclos
New

United States

To permanently delete photos from iPhone, you can try to use this  iOS Data Recovery Toolkit - iOS Private Data Eraser . It is the best tool for you to permanently delete your private information (that are recoverable even after deletion) on your iPhone/iPad, including the recently deleted photos, messages, call history, contacts, notes, reminders, etc.

See the detailed tutorial on How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhone?
2017-7-21
Use props
kou
lvl.1

China

I don't know too much about erase app data from iPhone. But I do know that if you want to delete photos from iPhone, you  should go to the Settings and tap  "General > Reset" to  erase photos on your iPhone. Hope this can help.
2017-7-26
Use props
fansc4c8a652
New

China

fansc4c8a652 Posted at 2017-5-8 18:36
You can erase data from iPhone manually but this is not ideal or practical when you have a lot of data to delete. So I would like to introduce you a professional iPhone erasing app called iOS Data Eraser. This app can help you delete iPhone data completely or you can choose specific data. You can learn how to delete iPhone data by reading their tutorials. [view_image]

It is easy to erase data on iPhone by deleting them manually, but they can be recovered by some professional data recovery programs. If you want to delete iPhone data permanently, you will need a powerful iOS data eraser.
2017-7-29
Use props
Eamerty
New

China

fansc4c8a652 Posted at 2017-7-29 20:49
It is easy to erase data on iPhone by deleting them manually, but they can be recovered by some professional data recovery programs. If you want to delete iPhone data permanently, you will need a powerful iOS data eraser.

Yeah , Manual deletion is not enough
2017-9-18
Use props
Eamerty
New

China

fansc4c8a652 Posted at 2017-7-29 20:49

Yeah , manual deletion is not enough , the deleted data is easily be recovered on iPhone , you can try the iPhone data eraser tool ,
I used to use it to erase photos from iPhone before selling , it works on me
2017-9-18
Use props
Qaccerh
New

China

I don't want to use  some third-party tools , any suggestions ?
2017-10-17
Use props
doyleydo
New
United States

You probably figured this out by now but i was also plagued by old media.  I worked out that I needed to Import thru PREVIEW - on my Mac.  But it took a while to realize that I had to RECONNECT my phone to the unit after DELETING the files on my phone- and then selecting and deleting them while connected to the OSMO - now FINALLY they're gone.  
2017-10-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules