Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problems with the X5R gimbal after updating firmware
2373 13 2016-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HzhJFwt5GeLt
New

Netherlands

Hello,

We have just upgraded the firmware of the Inspire Pro RAW. But after upgrading, our gimbal is not pointing forward anymore.
We have tried IMU calibration and Compass calibration and also tried to calibrate the gimbal. But here is where it goes wrong...

When doing the gimbal auto calibration, there is an exclamation message saying "Gimbal Roll reached end point" and the calibration stops. During the calibration the gimbal spins 180 degrees and then rolls. Then the message pops up.

Is this a problem with the gimbal? Is it fixable?
2016-10-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did you update the RAW firmware or the Pro firmware ?They are different .  Please double check what is installed on the Go App "About " page . Make sure it matches to the PDF notes for the Raw. ( below )
The problem sometimeis is if you loaded the Pro accidenetly and then correct it to Raw, it may still be stuck "offset " .   I have seen this stick once and I have seen it return to normal .  Lets first find out if you loaded the corret version of FW.

donnie
raw notes.PNG
2016-10-10
Use props
HzhJFwt5GeLt
New

Netherlands

Hi Donnie,

I've tried to do a downgrade to 1.08 (X5R update), now the firmware version installed is 1.08, but i still have the same problem, I can't calibrate the gimbal.
I am currently updating to the latest version, but I don't think that wil solve the problem.

I am using the X5R firmware versions.
2016-10-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

HzhJFwt5GeLt Posted at 2016-10-10 07:54
Hi Donnie,

I've tried to do a downgrade to 1.08 (X5R update), now the firmware version installed is ...

Be sure to calibrate the IMU first and then immediately do the Camera Gimbal Calibration .

Did you have the correct FW for the RAW or did you have the PRO installed by mistake  ?

Also I am not sure on this but check on the /go app settings that you reset the Camera Gimbal settings , maybe one is out of range .  
General settings\Gimbal settings\advanced

make sure it is set in "Follow Mode " as well
Also a short video perhaps, only if the suggestions do not work.  

donnie

2016-10-10
Use props
HzhJFwt5GeLt
New

Netherlands

Updated it to the latest FW now (1.09), directly calibrated IMU and afterwards the gimbal, but still the same problem.

While calibrating the gimbal it turns 180 degrees, Rolls to the right and then the message appears "Gimbal Roll Reached End Point" and it stops.

I have used the correct RAW FW files.
2016-10-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

HzhJFwt5GeLt Posted at 2016-10-10 09:05
Updated it to the latest FW now (1.09), directly calibrated IMU and afterwards the gimbal, but still ...

Sound familiar  ( below link ) It seems it is with members who  have an X5 as well as the X5 raw.  I had a friend with this exact same problem .

http://forum.dji.com/thread-59862-1-1.html

****I hate to tell you this but I have never seen a fix for this , once it goes Kitty  Wompass on you  it needs to go in for repair .  Sorry  Mate
2016-10-10
Use props
HzhJFwt5GeLt
New

Netherlands

Dear representatives of DJI,

Do you have a solution for me? We are currently a little bit stuck in our business because of this... Please help me.
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

HzhJFwt5GeLt Posted at 2016-10-11 15:15
Dear representatives of DJI,

Do you have a solution for me? We are currently a little bit stuck in  ...

If reapplying the firmware did not help alleviate the issue and all the gimbal contacts are clean, then there's something internal occuring that would require for the unit to be sent in for service. I would recommend getting in contact with the Europe Support team directly via support.eu@dji.com at your earliest convenience.
2016-10-11
Use props
X5R forum
lvl.1
United States

I have this same exact problem. The X5R works fine on my Osmo. However, if I put it on my Inspire it turns to the side, starts twitching, & freaks out until it receives a gimbal overload warning. I know the hardware is fine.

As far as software goes: Both the Inspire & Osmo have the latest version installed. If I try reinstalling the firmware it say "aborted" because the firmware is already installed.
Is there a way to install an older version of the firmware or reinstall the same firmware? I've done a lot of searching & found out how using an old version of the app. However, it doesn't work on the new version.

I've talked to DJI support several times & every time it's someone from overseas that's never used a drone. They want me to ship it in for 15 days but can't give an estimate on price or anything; also told me to ship it in a cardboard box instead of my case because the case won't be returned & although I live just down the road from where I'm shipping it; I can't bring it in because I won't ever get it back unless it has a tracking #. I have no trust in that "support". I'm really hoping there is a way to rollback or reinstall the firmware. I know all the hardware is fine.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

X5R forum Posted at 2017-7-31 14:57
I have this same exact problem. The X5R works fine on my Osmo. However, if I put it on my Inspire it turns to the side, starts twitching, & freaks out until it receives a gimbal overload warning. I know the hardware is fine.

As far as software goes: Both the Inspire & Osmo have the latest version installed. If I try reinstalling the firmware it say "aborted" because the firmware is already installed.

Hi, sorry for the experience with our product, here is the link of firmware of V1.9.1.30, you may try to downgrade the firmware to have a try: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jzyot ... 1.09.01.30.bin?dl=0
2017-8-2
Use props
X5R forum
lvl.1
United States

OMG, thank you so much Mindy!! I'll try this today.
2017-8-2
Use props
X5R forum
lvl.1
United States

It gives this error "The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version." Any chance you also have a link to v01.08.01.20?
Thanks again for the help.

2017-8-2
Use props
X5R forum
lvl.1
United States

Nevermind, I found it. It gives the same error: "The current firmware does not support downgrade." So I guess it's impossible to reinstall or downgrade firmware once you've gone past V1.09.

Looks like I'll be sending in the Gimbal; thanks again for the help.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

X5R forum Posted at 2017-8-2 19:39
Nevermind, I found it. It gives the same error: "The current firmware does not support downgrade." So I guess it's impossible to reinstall or downgrade firmware once you've gone past V1.09.

Looks like I'll be sending in the Gimbal; thanks again for the help.

Did our support suggest you to try cleaning the contact and re-inserting the gimbal cable? If the problem persists, please send both the aircraft and the gimbal in.
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules