1214 9 2016-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 368983 ft
Maldives

DJI people,

I am in the Maldives right now and brought both my Inspire 1 as well as my Phantom 4.  I am facing major issues with both products and need your help.

Inspire 1:  The landing gear will not rise. I am in landing mode permanently and whenever I power on the Inspire, a loud motor noise occurs about 5 seconds after I power on the device. It sounds like the landing gear motor constantly forcing, however, the gear does not move at all.  I tried loosening the screw through the gimbal plate, and it does not help at all. What is the issue?

Phantom 4:  I just came back from a full day of shooting that cost me a frickin fortune. I rented a private charter in Maldives which is one of the most expensive places on the planet. I just reviewed the footage and I am going crazy because all of the footage is bad due to 2 main issues:

- The horizon is way off. Any forward looking shot will reveal a massive issue with the horizon tilting massively to the right.

- The footage is complete crap because of sudden jerky movements of the camera that render the footage useless.  PLease see video below for more details.

I am really disappointed in the situation and would like you to address the issue promptly and efficiently.

Thanks

Patrice Gaucher LL.B.
CEO, Aerial Entertainment Studios
Hong Kong

2016-10-10
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

to bad on the malfunctions,

while not a help to you ,
I suspect that during your travels to the Islands your equipment was damaged in transit.

I am basing that on the fact I am SURE you would not take such a venture without first  testing everything prior to the trip.

If damaged has occured I am unsure what can be done until you can get it repaired.

Good luck!
2016-10-10
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24764 ft
United States

"- The footage is complete crap because of sudden jerky movements of the camera that render the footage useless.  PLease see video below for more details."

Looks like wind jitters to me.. could be wrong but I experienced pretty close to the same thing yesterday flying at the park with about a 14 mph variable gusty winds
2016-10-10
Use props
gmccurdy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft

I don't know if some anti-shake software might help, but maybe try the trial of ProDrenalin 2.0?

Fwiw, it looks like you had the exposure set to Auto as it appears to change while zooming back.  I've noticed at times with my P4 when I manually change the exposure with the wheel on the RC the gimbal jerks a little and sometimes quite a bit for some reason.  Must be some voltage thing going on between the camera and the gimbal perhaps as to why it does that, or the delay on the change causes the camera's scan to shift a bit because of the rolling shutter.  If I leave the exposure locked and not on Auto or spin the exposure wheel in Manual it is a lot better.

Also, running an autonomous flight app might smooth things out too.  I was surprised to read in the AutoFlight manual that the app has some sort of learning mode where the first auto-flight it learns the wind and flight angles, and then the second one is corrected and better.
2016-10-10
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

ugh... I would HATE to review my footage and have it look like that.  Although the problem looks mechanical to me, it still could be a wind issue if the bird is tilted to the point of hitting the end of the gimbal throw in gusts.  I assume you have flown both of these before and reviewed the footage?  You did not see these problems with either drone prior to your trip?  If not, then I agree with kirk that you might have experienced some rough transit damage.  Hopefully you packed the drones carefully for the trip.

Question... did you do a complete recalibration when you arrived at the location?  I recently took a trip to Montana (I live on the east coast USA) and my bird was flying poorly until I reset all of the calibrations.  I guess this makes sense since I was at a completely different altitude and 2000 miles from my previous location.
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Pgaucher,1. could you please check the firmware version of your Inspire and RC?
2.Could you please check the vibration absorbers to see if it's damaged?
It's probably a hardware issue.
2016-10-10
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 368983 ft
Maldives

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-11 12:53
Hi Pgaucher,1. could you please check the firmware version of your Inspire and RC?
2.Could you pleas ...

Hi Mindy,

I upgraded to the latest software a few days ago, immediately when I arrived in Maldives. I upgraded for both the Inspire and P4.

I am hoping you can help me with this situation as we rely on quality output so we can sell to customers. If you want a video of the issue with the Inspire, please let me know and I can film with my phone and send across.

Thanks

Patrice
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Pgaucher@me.com Posted at 2016-10-11 15:57
Hi Mindy,

I upgraded to the latest software a few days ago, immediately when I arrived in Maldive ...

Update both the aircraft and RC right? I think it's probably a hardware issue.
Sorry,I think you need to get in touch with our tech support via support@dji.com and send it in for further evaluation.
2016-10-11
Use props
CROSS OVER
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149938 ft
Lebanon

Hi,

Same issue with my Phantom 4, just at its first flight, I got jerky movements and the video is all shaking. It was my second Phantom 4 in two months and I am not going to invest in a third one.

I hope you will be able to solve your issue.

Good luck.
2016-10-11
Use props
Noyag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 857946 ft
Netherlands

I have had similar shakiness like that more than once, as in this video. I think it might have been wind gusts.

2016-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules