Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sony A7rII MAtrice 600 + Ronin Mx
6652 18 2016-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stewart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6032398 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm looking at investing in a Matrice 600 with the Ronin Mx to pair with my sony A7rII. I will be shooting stills, no motion.

My question is, can I adjust the settings (Sony A7rII) eg. shutter, shutter speed, aperture, autofocus etc. from the ground station (DJI Go app) Light bridge 2?

I went through the Matrice info on the DJI website and it mentions that the X5, X5r are adjustable from the DJI Go App. Lightbridge 2.

Would I need to have 2 separate receivers so a dual controller? One for the UAV and the other for the camera? I was hoping for an all in one
as I typically fly solo and for stills a 2nd operator is generally not needed.

I have heard meany mixed responses from DJI Support on-line and via different groups and chats.

Any links to setups etc. Videos on anyone doing this would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks.

2016-10-10
Use props
info.andrewgreg
lvl.1
Australia

I've been using this set up almost every day for a few months. You can change between video and stills by hitting the buttons on the controller, but the settings have to be set up before you launch. If you change from stills to video or back again in 4k you'll get a blank screen for about 5 seconds, you have to hit the do not return to home button and don't panic. The M600 has a notorious connection issue and it can take between 15 and 45 minutes of starting and restarting to connect, the HDMI is throwing it off, so if you want to get that sunrise start early. You may also get unlucky and get the registration error where the app makes you connect to the A2 and reregister, which will ruin your day or week if you've got no internet access. These are errors that DJI hasn't fixed yet.
Apart from that I'm getting good shots, there is some slight vibration jello I just can't get rid of, which can soften long exposures for stills, but I'm working on that now.
I've been flying solo and switching between video and stills, great beast when it's in the air. You can change between pan or yaw.
2016-10-24
Use props
Justin3
lvl.1

This is exactly the setup I've been considering, so great to hear some success.. do you know if its possible to get the GPS, height and compass data onto the photos?
2016-11-2
Use props
fans642094a2
lvl.1

Australia

info.andrewgreg Posted at 2016-10-25 12:24
I've been using this set up almost every day for a few months. You can change between video and stil ...

Interesting post. I have the M600 + Ronin MX and a Sony A7Rll and am unable to achieve a live feed. According to post this is a common issue but after 15-45min you actually are successful?

Can I ask what approach you to take?

Apologies if this is off topic - i actually started another thread on this topic last night (A7Rll Disconnecting Video Transmission).

Cheers,
Jay
2016-11-2
Use props
Randolphin
lvl.1
Australia

Hi there,

I used to have to turn the gimbal and the camera on last, everything needed to be on first before it got the HDMI signal.
I just upgraded the new DJI Go APP and the lightbridge and controller firmware and it all seems to connect just fine no mater how you connect. Hope it's finally fixed I'll test tomorrow.
2016-11-2
Use props
Randolphin
lvl.1
Australia

Justin3 Posted at 2016-11-3 03:17
This is exactly the setup I've been considering, so great to hear some success.. do you know if its  ...

No there's no data from the camera to the app, no caching of shots either, just the HDMI out
2016-11-2
Use props
fans642094a2
lvl.1

Australia

Randolphin Posted at 2016-11-3 18:40
Hi there,

I used to have to turn the gimbal and the camera on last, everything needed to be on firs ...

Yep - I seem to be connecting issue free as well now - it looks like that was the firmware update we all needed!
2016-11-3
Use props
ECO-DRONES
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54265 ft
Brazil

We facing similar problem with this setup:

M600
Dual Remote (LB2 RC)
Ronin-MX
Sony A7RII by HDMI cable

M600 working well, but no video/or blinking video short-range (about 100m).
After update LB2 update, not bind anymore LB2 ground radio (as slave)... and no more image form A7RII.

Hey DJI-Jamie, how it's possible?

How DJI would release FW with so full of bugs with no hard testing it?
This is setup of a client, and him is losing money on the ground day by day...

2016-11-7
Use props
Justin3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Randolphin Posted at 2016-11-3 07:42
No there's no data from the camera to the app, no caching of shots either, just the HDMI out

Thanks, so you can't merge it together as a post production stage e.g. from DJI flight data and photos?
2016-11-16
Use props
DimiC
New
Flight distance : 26073 ft
Belgium

info.andrewgreg Posted at 2016-10-24 17:24
I've been using this set up almost every day for a few months. You can change between video and stills by hitting the buttons on the controller, but the settings have to be set up before you launch. If you change from stills to video or back again in 4k you'll get a blank screen for about 5 seconds, you have to hit the do not return to home button and don't panic. The M600 has a notorious connection issue and it can take between 15 and 45 minutes of starting and restarting to connect, the HDMI is throwing it off, so if you want to get that sunrise start early. You may also get unlucky and get the registration error where the app makes you connect to the A2 and reregister, which will ruin your day or week if you've got no internet access. These are errors that DJI hasn't fixed yet.
Apart from that I'm getting good shots, there is some slight vibration jello I just can't get rid of, which can soften long exposures for stills, but I'm working on that now.
I've been flying solo and switching between video and stills, great beast when it's in the air. You can change between pan or yaw.

Hi Andrew
Do you know if mapping apps (i.e. DJI ground station pro, pix4D mapper, ...) are able to fire the shutter of your A7RII using your setup? (m600-roninmx- remote start stop)
Or could you eventually test it? Would be a great help, thx!
2017-2-24
Use props
fans3049aa8a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18283002 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Justin3 Posted at 2016-11-2 11:17
This is exactly the setup I've been considering, so great to hear some success.. do you know if its possible to get the GPS, height and compass data onto the photos?

Hey Justin,

Do you have any success geotagging your photos form A7RII
2017-2-25
Use props
llcr3ll
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

does anyone know any way to change shutter iso etc of the A7r from he ground?
2017-3-16
Use props
3x3q
lvl.3
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

llcr3ll Posted at 2017-3-16 03:17
does anyone know any way to change shutter iso etc of the A7r from he ground?

As far as I know, there's no way. I run A7Rii on M600 and would love a solution for this as well.
2017-3-16
Use props
fanse4a1eeec
lvl.3
Czechia

3x3q Posted at 2017-3-16 10:14
As far as I know, there's no way. I run A7Rii on M600 and would love a solution for this as well.

Guys there is a way! AIR Commander will gives you FULL remote control above any of A7 cameras in mid air. Works on M600 or any other drone. What more, AIR Commander powers your camera from gimbal PTAP connector...

All info at http://lab.airpixel.cz
or buy at http://shop.airpixel.cz

2017-12-20
Use props
fans3593671f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10425610 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I run aircommander. Works up to 1.2km, full camera functions.
2018-1-6
Use props
Runi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

There is a product out there called Intelli G and It will give you complete control over your camera.

www.intelli-g.com
2018-1-14
Use props
i.am.ivan.stan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 345302 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

did you experience camera shakes, i have m600 pro, sony a7r2 on ronin mx... i use 35mm f1.4 lens zeiss.

i get wavy video, jitters,  weird shakes,

did anyone else experience this and how did you fix it
2018-1-22
Use props
i.am.ivan.stan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 345302 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

this is my example
2018-1-23
Use props
Arrowhead5359
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1903940 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone come up with a solution to this were there are no 3rd party hardware or software added on?
2020-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules