Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo+ long Exposure not steady on tripod
2242 15 2016-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

Hello, I just did some panoramas with long exposure, like 5seconds, but, all my photos are out of focus, I can see that osmo drifts up, than blurry the image.Is not focus problem is that osmo does not keep steady when exposing the picture!
It will be fixed?
Someone have same problem?
My osmo is bugged? Need to return?
What is the problem?

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AvKYbBP8qfu5gatf6lG0Nn8RBF82cg

I did a video and it drifts up too...

2016-10-11
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Brazil

Long Exposure

Take long exposure shots with absolute crispness and sharpness,
even without a tripod. The stabilization system in the Osmo+ keeps the camera
totally still so you can freehand capture long exposures.

If that is true my osmo+ is broken because neither on Tripod its steady.
2016-10-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi,in the video, did you zoom? If you zoomed, the small drift of Osmo is amplified through zooming, especially outdoors when there's wind.  Please try indoors, and zoom 7X(the biggest allowed) to a fixed object, and shoot a video if possible to let me know how much it drifts.  Mine works fine indoors, has very little drift.

2016-10-13
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Brazil

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-13 16:09
Hi,in the video, did you zoom? If you zoomed, the small drift of Osmo is amplified through zooming, ...

Thor, did you see the picture attached?
and take a look at this video
2016-10-13
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Brazil

The osmo is fixed on the car's seat!
2016-10-13
Use props
Dinglehead
lvl.1

Mine drifts all over the place.  This thing is making me nuts.
2016-10-13
Use props
duke164
lvl.1
France

I have the same problem with long exposure : my image are blurred and I noticed during the shot that the live image (through the smartphone S7 edge) become fuzzy.
I made test during daytime and also during the night. I 've post a thread but can't see it for the moment and I've no answer from DJI.
The other function of the OSMO Mobile seems to work well.
2016-11-17
Use props
duke164
lvl.1
France

I add that I test with hand holding and also on a stable table. Doesn't change the result
2016-11-17
Use props
fans724e4845
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2446266 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a new Osmo+. tried two time lapse videos and it drifts a lot. this thread has been dead for months. anyone hearing anything but crickets from dji?
2017-5-8
Use props
AnyKill
lvl.3
Brazil

Only crickets
2017-10-15
Use props
Floyd-Spark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52644 ft
Hong Kong

I nearly went out to buy the Osmo+ today with a bunch of accessories but this drifting topic concerns me. Guess I wont be spending the $ until they resolve it.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Floyd-Spark Posted at 2017-10-16 20:10
I nearly went out to buy the Osmo+ today with a bunch of accessories but this drifting topic concerns me. Guess I wont be spending the $ until they resolve it.

Infinite blurry issue has been sorted out with the latest firmware version.
Not all devices have the drift issue, I don't think you should worry about it.
2017-10-17
Use props
Floyd-Spark
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I am buying one today. Lets hope it does not drift. What if it does, can I get it replaced? I currently own a Spark, a tonne of accessories, and a Crystalsky 5.5
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Floyd-Spark Posted at 2017-10-17 18:18
I am buying one today. Lets hope it does not drift. What if it does, can I get it replaced? I currently own a Spark, a tonne of accessories, and a Crystalsky 5.5

Sure you can apply replacement service if the device meets the condition: replacement.png
2017-10-17
Use props
Floyd-Spark
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I am getting some decent shots from my Osmo+. But thats all subjective. I am not professional, this is a hobby. Therefore the quality that makes me happy may not be the same as anothers. I fond that by using Manual mode and playing around with ISO and Shutter I can get decent hand held long exposure night shots.
2017-10-22
Use props
Floyd-Spark
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I just need to find a good 4k capable microSD card/s and an adaptor to mount the Osmo on a standard camera tripod as the DJI tripod is too short.
2017-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules