Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go with mavic controller UI
1122 5 2016-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim.www
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100833 ft
United States

I'm wondering if the DJI Go app will have a low info mode since there is a lot displayed on the mavic controller and the screen space in the app is more crowded on the smaller phone devices.  Thoughts?
2016-10-11
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Interesting question.  I preferred to fly my P3 using an iPad Air for this same concern.  I could see more info more clearly on the larger screen.  With the design of the Mavic controller it encourages the use of a smaller screen.  I may look for ways to mount a larger tablet like an iPad or Nvidia Shield tablet to see a larger image.  

My big questions is:   With "Tap to focus" how do you know if it's actually focused or not on such a small screen????    If you tapped on the wrong spot you could be shooting 10 minutes of soft footage without knowing it.
2016-10-11
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
United Kingdom

I hadn't thought about this before, I've only ever flown my Inspire 1 with my Samsung Note 4 phone. Good points to consider, what is the answer to the tap to focus? I hope the Mavic can keep it's focus between flights (ideally between batteries, too) so once we do get it set right it'll stay right.
2016-10-12
Use props
F6B-Rider
lvl.2

Hopefully it will ship with a default focus point similar to the P3/4, if not you can map the C1 key to switch to center focus.
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

No it's pretty redundant. At least the app has everything the RC info does.
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-12 07:25
Interesting question.  I preferred to fly my P3 using an iPad Air for this same concern.  I could se ...

Correct, if you tap on an object that's 20ft away but were trying to tap on the subject that is 100ft away you'll be out of focus.
2016-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules