Unhappy Z3 Owner's Thread. Does the Z3 Work for Anyone?
1105 8 2016-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eric
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122759 ft
United States

I bought a Z3 on 8/8/16 and it's never worked properly, even in 1080p mode. The video feed breaks up so bad it's useless, even at close range. No one will take it back. DJI's service center tells me to deal with the retailer. The retailer says I'm beyond the return period, which it true. I believed DJI's promise of a fw upgrade that would fix it. That has not materialized. At this point the wait has been too long, especially combined with DJI's stubborn refusal to give a timeframe for a fix.

Bottom line: I have been sold a $925 paperweight.

I'm trying to get an idea of other's experience. Over on RCGroups nobody has gotten a Z3 to work. I wanted to post here to cast, perhaps, a wider net. I'm not sure what we can do at this point.

Will this post survive on DJI's forum? It is the truth and I believe DJI is, basically, a responsible company. So, let's hear your stories and see where it leads.

I'm going to start a thread on RCG too. I hope DJI will make this right.
2016-10-12
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Threads have started still no response... sent mine back because they need to "fix" it. Damn thing is new...crazy
2016-10-12
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Return period does not matter when the item is sold and not fit for purpose - go back to the retailer and demand your consumer rights.
2016-10-12
Use props
yuneec4k
lvl.1

Spain

hi

I also have the same problem with the loss of continuous video.

only it works well in 1080p mode

in 4k mode from the moment you press the record button, the signal is lost by 90%

It is impossible to work.

I see that many have the same problem and DJI does not say anything about it, and I'm worried.

I hope they can solve the problem.

I also happens that I can not update the firmare from the camera z3

regards

2016-10-12
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

Made three calls to the US DJI office and asked three different people about wanting to purchase the Z3 camera, I asked about everyone talking about video freezing and lag issues and they all said that if you are using a compatible device that you should have no issues. This is so confusing and wondering if it's some of the Z3 cameras, people on this forum or all of them and people just not saying anything about it. It sucks not hearing anything definite.
2016-10-12
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

You have to remember that DJI is a completely sales oriented company - nothing matters but getting units out the door.
The business model is based on the assumption that a certain percentage of units will fail immediately, some in use, some broken through accident or pilot error etc.
Part of the purchase price buys your warranty and pays for the service arm of the company.

When a product comes along that is just intrinsically broken from the outset, the model fails and they just don't have a process to follow.
Therefore we get silence and obfuscation while they hope to get a fix from China before they aggravate their dealer network and customers too much.

However, there are consumer protection laws that meant to ensure that products offered for sale are actually fit for purpose.
So the options are to either return and demand a refund, or initiate action through a consumer advocacy or use a lawyer.
2016-10-12
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recieved mine the other day, I've only done about 4 test flights, about a distance of 4500 feet because the weather here is rainy. So far all has worked good, I did notice video breakup in 4K which I really don't use as of yet, I have no way to monitor it.  As far as 1080P and visual flight it all worked fine, zoom is smooth and it's not unstable as I thought it might be. I recieved it in gimbal free mode which thru me all out of wack as far as to where I was LOL. I will do more testing when the weather clears and let everyone know. Hoping for the best and hoping everyone else gets their issues resolves soon.
2016-10-14
Use props
martin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 337100 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No good here never worked DJI support on Facebook say a firmware fix is coming very soon??????
2016-10-14
Use props
Peterxp
lvl.1

Spain

DJI   
2016-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules