Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
State Park Drone Legalization Support
1125 1 2016-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TCPSBxVG66Gy
lvl.1

United States

I am a new UAV pilot, I have recently purchased the Inspire 1 pro V2.0 and the Venmuse x5 and I am absolutely loving it! I am posting this because with as great as this technology is, I was shocked to learn that here in Florida it is illegal to fly in State Parks. As a professional photographer I gained so much inspiration from taking my new gear out to my local state park and testing my new capabilities.
I understand that there are liability issues involved with flying at the parks but at the same time I think that a blanket ban is absurd. I feel like our parks are doing themselves a disservice by completely banning drone flight and the ability to capture from the air. Showcasing the beauty that we as taxpayers pay to protect would only increase the awareness of why we are paying into the parks as well as drive in traffic to some our state's best locations.

At the very least I feel that proof of insurance and a "resonable" permit fee should be all that is required to fly in any state park and that it would benefit both the UAV pilot in having a non-crowded/rural place to fly as well as increasing revenue, awareness and possible traffic to our state parks.

I have searched around online for quite a while today and I haven't seen anyone supporting the legalization of UAV/Drone flying in FL state parks, I created a facebook page @:

https://www.facebook.com/LegalizeDronesFLStateParks/

Please show support if you agree with the cause, even if it is a long shot I feel that banding together to show support of a specific opinion is important. Thanks!

2016-10-12
Use props
MileMarkerz0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 364278 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing this info. Ill definitely check out your FB page. Taking away State Parks takes away a lot of beautiful opportunities. Im currently living in Jensen Beach. What part of FL do you live in?
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules