A New Secret Project!?!?
1509 17 2016-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Horizon Hobby are playing their secret project up, trying to create some interest.
This looks like it might be a lot of fun.

Something with another new design, to look forward to, but it's still a secret. Shhhhh!!

I wonder if it will actually have only three motors, instead of the common four?
Haha I guess we'll soon see.

RedHotPoker

image.jpeg
2016-10-12
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Have you seen the VTOL Hybrid - AimDroix Xray Quad?  It's a racing quad modified with the front and rear motor groups capable of tilting along with a "strap on" set of wings.  One comment m one of the guys in the video was "a Phantom on steroids".  

2016-10-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

gil Posted at 2016-10-14 15:06
Have you seen the VTOL Hybrid - AimDroix Xray Quad?  It's a racing quad modified with the front and  ...

Is that for real? If so, it looks scary and dangerous... Haha
No doubt it can do Vertical Takeoff and Landing though. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2016-10-14
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-14 22:15
Is that for real? If so, it looks scary and dangerous... Haha
No doubt it can do Vertical Takeoff a ...

Absolutely it's real, definately worth a look!  (Is the video link not working?!?)
2016-10-15
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

Awesomeeeeee
2016-10-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

gil Posted at 2016-10-15 07:14
Absolutely it's real, definately worth a look!  (Is the video link not working?!?)

gil, Yes, the video is working just fine.. ;-)
I frequent the flite test website and have as many laughs watching them, as they have, while creating this content...

Thanks for sharing it, I had a good giggle with them again...

I liked their demo of the Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D so much I finally went out and bought one, last December.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-15
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-15 13:28
gil, Yes, the video is working just fine.. ;-)
I frequent the flite test website and have as many l ...

Yeah, those guys do some pretty outrageous stuff -- sweet job if you can get it, getting to play with all the toys.

Did you have much of a problem transitioning to 3D mode with the Heli-Max or were you able to acquire the muscle memory pretty quickly?
2016-10-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

gil Posted at 2016-10-15 22:11
Yeah, those guys do some pretty outrageous stuff -- sweet job if you can get it, getting to play w ...

Much envy to anyone who has drones or RC models involved in their jobs, even if only part time. ;-)
Enjoying flying the Voltage 500 mostly in Attitude mode. As long as the left stick is mid point, the drone will level off.
I find flying in full 3D a much harder choice, and look forward to the day it becomes second nature for me.
It's much more difficult than them pros make it look. But the fun and excitement has no bounds. You must try it sometime.
You need to find balance with the sticks...

RedHotPoker

2016-10-15
Use props
Jack Fedele
lvl.2

United States

I just wonder how much it is
2016-10-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Jack Fedele Posted at 2016-10-16 17:05
I just wonder how much it is

http://www.horizonhobby.com/prod ... -bnf-basic-efl11050
Price listed on their website is $249.99 for the HH VTOL.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-16
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-16 02:20
Much envy to anyone who has drones or RC models involved in their jobs, even if only part time. ;-) ...

have you gotten the hand of the inverted flight?
i got mine on tuesday, its not a helimax, its the xk one. a bit cheaper, but its got the reverse esc's and the same 1400 kv motors. i cant trust myself with a 500+ quad anymore. the phantom spoiled me
Anyway, got it tuesday, flipped it to 3d wednesday, crashed it in seconds after that. crashed $200.
i used to fly manual and was pretty good at flips, but then i got a phantom and got used to the stabilized flight and the gps keeping in place. flying manual again is so hard, now.
2016-10-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You need to fly with less carefree abandon. If you push forward, it flips forward. So more gentle persuasion works best.
Yes, it's awkward and difficult at first, but after you crash a bunch of times, it eventually gets better. Haha

RedHotPoker

2016-10-16
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-16 22:12
You need to fly with less carefree abandon. If you push forward, it flips forward. So more gentle pe ...

oh, i was very careful. and it wasn't long before i got more comfortable with manual flight again. i must have not tightened something or underestimated these motors, but the crash the ended this quad for the next 2 weeks is a prop nut falling off, and throwing a propellor off. i bought some thread lock for once i repair it. its definitely an exciting quadcopter.
2016-10-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bilzc10 Posted at 2016-10-16 20:59
oh, i was very careful. and it wasn't long before i got more comfortable with manual flight again. ...

What model is it you crashed? Are the spare parts readily available for it?

RedHotPoker
2016-10-16
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-16 23:30
What model is it you crashed? Are the spare parts readily available for it?

it was a cheaper XK x350 'Air Dancer'. the repairs will cost $80 and other than the prop nuts, i can buy everything from banggood. im also buying m6*1 nyloc nuts for it, so those will replace the prop nuts.

may since both the xk and the voltage use 1400 kv motors and reversible esc's, i can swap them. the helimax uses 2 screws which would prevent the problem leading to my crash.
2016-10-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bilzc10 Posted at 2016-10-17 13:12
it was a cheaper XK x350 'Air Dancer'. the repairs will cost $80 and other than the prop nuts, i c ...

Yes, the props have two screws in each motor, holding them very firm. But I still use a bit of Locktite on each screw.
I haven't seen that model you have, nor ever heard of it. But there are several other drones with Reversing esc/motors on the market.
The Invertix, comes to mind.  And the TBS Discover. A friend had the CY Stingray, with collective pitch blades.
I watched a couple of the videos here to become familiar with your model...
http://www.banggood.com/XK-X350- ... craft-p-974719.html

Lots of interesting things happening in RC today.

RedHotPoker

2016-10-17
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-17 15:22
Yes, the props have two screws in each motor, holding them very firm. But I still use a bit of Lock ...

yes, i like this, before the crash it was very good. the stabilization worked, it was responsive, and the flight time is pretty good. afaik it comes with the same controls as the as the volateg. im excited to get it working again. i feel liike this one was cheap but still had a good design. the other reversing esc quadcopters were inexpensive but required a pricey remote.

i dont want to spend so much for when an inevitable crash occurs. like it did...
2016-10-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bilzc10 Posted at 2016-10-17 13:56
yes, i like this, before the crash it was very good. the stabilization worked, it was responsive,  ...

You gotta love BNF models, and using your own Tx radio.  
I am looking forward, to seeing what new creations and novel abilities get released in the next year.  It should get interesting.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules