Why does The Osmo Mobile Have More Cooler Features than the X5?
916 6 2016-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>

a friend of mines has the Osmo Mobile (For Iphone) and i gotta say ' the way it tracks a persons face and follows is amazing,
the Timelaspe features , connecting to the phone via BlueTooth verses sometimes Spotty Wifi Connections
and its like for the amount of money for the Osmo X5 its a lot of features to be desired

2016-10-12
Use props
gsciorio
lvl.1

United States

Don't feel too bad. Only a few features on the Osmo Mobile actually work as intended. Most features need a lot of work.
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The most fundamental difference is the much better video quality of X5, if that makes you feel better..
2016-10-13
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-13 16:29
The most fundamental difference is the much better video quality of X5, if that makes you feel bette ...

lol but for the price you would think "The other features should accommodate the Quality "Also
2016-10-13
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm going to pipe in on this one too... I started with the OSMO mobile, but there were too many problems to do paid work, so I returned it and decided to upgrade to the OSMO +... after all, a $700 unit with a dedicated camera has got to be better than a $300 unit that depended on a cell phone... right?.  I was shocked to see that the more expensive OSMO+ doesn't have active tracking or motion time-lapse.  I thought this was a function of DJI-GO, so to me it was a given... but I guess I was wrong.

DJI- hopefully you are going to add this functionality to the OSMO+?  I mean, considering that you have SO MUCH more automation functionality in your Mavic software, seems you could throw us a bone and give us more functionality in the OSMO+.  
2016-11-19
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

well i think they are about to bank all thier money into the x5s or the new phantom 4pros and stuff
we are relics of the past lol

but i'll help you out with a dji response

-We will forward this information to our Engineers to consider
Thank you
2016-11-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-11-19 11:34
I'm going to pipe in on this one too... I started with the OSMO mobile, but there were too many prob ...

Hi, Osmo+ actually supports motion timelapse.

I'm sorry to say that it won't have active track, because it's processor is not strong enough to do it. Osmo Mobile can do it because it uses your phone's processor
2016-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules