Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Intermittent Squealing Noise
1336 6 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gruprecht
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136086 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just curious if this is common or isolated to my Inspireonly.... I have gone through 7 batteries/flights now and have noticed probablyfor the past 4 flights that I am hearing a slight squealing noise from myInspire when banking or turning. This is not continuous, but I have heard itmore than a few times now and am getting a bit concerned! I have only flown off ofshort grass and have not exposed my Inspire to any dusty conditions, so Iknow that everything should be as it came from the factory. Any similar experiencesout there?

2015-2-2
Use props
pauldean85.emai
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I've not had this problem, but one thing to consider:

Check the motors for bits of packing material from the case- or other debris.

I noticed a small piece of the packing material in one of the motors on my Inspire before my first flight.
2015-2-3
Use props
gruprecht
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136086 ft
  • >>>
Canada

pauldean85.emai Posted at 2015-2-3 18:41
I've not had this problem, but one thing to consider:

Check the motors for bits of packing material ...

Thanks for the suggestion Paul, checked motors and they are all clean. I will contact DJI and see what they have to say...I know what you mean about case packing material bits, there are a few.....Thx!
2015-2-3
Use props
hugo.deschuyffe
Flight distance : 30125 ft
Belgium

i observe the same thing.
would be gret if someone could explain if this is normal and why does this happen
2015-8-11
Use props
w1der
Second Officer

Sweden

I hear this also ... but my motors sound perfectly OK if I spinn them up without props on ... they all sound the same like this.
I figure this might be a "natural" sound caused by the wind going through the props during flight.

Thinking about it just now ...
The sound actually reminds me a lot of the way the motors sound if you spinn them up without the props on!

I am not worried about this sound ...
2015-8-11
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

w1der Posted at 2015-8-11 22:51
I hear this also ... but my motors sound perfectly OK if I spinn them up without props on ... they a ...

The noises you hear when flying are usually the props themselves.
Even when a bearing is going bad, you need the craft fairly close to you to hear the buzz...
2015-8-11
Use props
Alastair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Is this something you've noticed since the upgrade?  I've noticed slight differences in sound from the motors, since my update.
2015-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules