Flight distance : 857946 ft
Netherlands

2016-10-14
Use props
eck3APGGG63K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1025686 ft
United States

People who fly drones have been made to look like voyeurs and villains in the media.  Here in the US I encounter the same thing often, people telling me I can not drone in an area because it is against some imaginary law. You are right, drones are here to stay and we MUST be proactive with keep our eyes on regulators and fellow drone users. Be self governing and responsible.  Here in the US it is still Illegal to fly drone in a National Park where some of the most beautiful areas lie, in Florida I cannot fly a drone in a State or County Park.  I would be happy to pay fees, register and carry insurance to enjoy my hobby. I understand there is some risk involved but I am willing to take responsibility for my actions.
2016-10-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The maximum fine here is $25,000 for flying in a Provincial Park. Better find a better park to play drone pilot in...

RedHotPoker
2016-10-14
Use props
gmccurdy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

I suspect the USA is going to become more restrictive and not less with regards to drones.  Wouldn't put it past them to come up with an airspace to put ALL drones outside the city limits, short of buying some hourly commercial permit and having a drone cop nearby to supervise "for safety" if within the city limits.  FAA licensing pilots is not going to work with the average Joe Mayor or Charlie Councilman yelling about their privacy.

People just do not aerial peepers (privacy) in their space.  Country or desert perhaps.

2016-10-14
Use props
Noyag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 857946 ft
Netherlands

A handycam with extreme zoom is a much bigger threat to people's privacy than a noisy drone with a wide angle camera!
2016-10-14
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Noyag Posted at 2016-10-14 15:45
A handycam with extreme zoom is a much bigger threat to people's privacy than a noisy drone with a w ...

True that. My wife has even accused me of having the drone just to spy on people. I show her the videos and point out that the people look like tiny ants on my 17" laptop. No, I am a photographer who has always dreamed of flying since a kid  =  perfect match.
2016-10-14
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

eck3APGGG63K Posted at 2016-10-14 12:51
People who fly drones have been made to look like voyeurs and villains in the media.  Here in the US ...

As I understand the law, you can fly in a (edit:US)  National Park, but only from outside the park. You must take off, land, and control the drone from outside the boundaries of the park.
Obviuosly you can only go so far so hopefully whatever you want to film is near to the edges.
2016-10-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If you get caught flying above our wildlife or any bird sanctuary by park wardens or provincial RCMP, it won't matter where you took off.
But if you do get arrested and charged, I can probably tell you guaranteed, where you Will land!! Chuckles

Likely lose the drone too... Being held for evidence and all.

I hear the Crowbar Hotel/s rules, doesn't ever allow drone flying either. Snickers

RedHotPoker
2016-10-14
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-15 11:28
If you get caught flying above our wildlife or any bird sanctuary by park wardens or provincial RCMP ...

Someone was telling me earlier today about people using drones to deliver contraband into a prison.
Not exactly stealthy are they? But I think they were dropping it from high above.
2016-10-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

That drone smuggling would be a great way, to get an extended visit with your buddies inside...

Do not pass Go!! Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I can sense how things can get worse when drug cartels start utilizing drones
2016-10-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-15 02:36
I can sense how things can get worse when drug cartels start utilizing drones

For their greedyneeds, Tunnels and Submarines work much better.

Considering they are hauling metric tonnes not micro grams.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules