Yes We All Love our Phantoms but....
713 2 2016-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ben Walford
lvl.1

United States

One has to wonder what the future of drone design will be. Will the selfie generation take over and demand smaller drones? Here is a small drone. It is not a Mavic by any means.

YING Drone- More Foldable Drones Please!

Still, this seems more for the kiddies and not for me. What do you guys think?
2016-10-14
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Judging by the slow down in posts at this and other drone forums, I would say the drone fad seems to have peaked.  Most people who wanted a drone, have had  one or more now.
Still lots of people new to it, but not nearly like two years ago.
Could also be all the regulations and bad publicity.
What say you?
2016-10-14
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-10-14 19:27
Judging by the slow down in posts at this and other drone forums, I would say the drone fad seems to ...

It is possible there is a lull in enthusiasm over drones for private use.
With so much bad publicity and so many new laws coming to pass as well as geo fencing becoming mainstream...
A certain loss of enthusiasm from the average joe is inevitable. Any time people  realize that these are not toys and are indeed aircraft that need to be regulated as such.
There is a realization that airspace  need to known and airports notified.. and areas need to be unlocked Pre-flight
These aircraft need to be registered and marked with you're registration.
You are held accountable and cant just fly anywhere and anytime you want.
I personally feel that  this is a good thing for serious drone users and responsible hobbyist.
However with commercial operations and the advent of part 107, we are just now getting started
And in my opinion in the next few years you're going to see a boom.  
2016-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules