Replacement Flight Battery Failure to Charge
1036 10 2016-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bootmick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HELP!!!!!!!!
DJI Have just sent me a replacement Flight Battery under warranty. I have pressed the button to verify the capacity is showing all led's are lit. However, when I connect the charger battery it will NOT charge. Battery charger is kicking out 17.5volts. I am tearing my hair out with th
is problem. What can I do or is it another bad battery.
Original was returned and exchanged for the same reason.
2016-10-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If all LEDs lit then that suggests fully charged already, so therefore it will not start to charge again. If you want to do a top up charge then plug into charger and switch on battery (one short push followed by a longer push of button). This should then do a top up charge for a few minutes or so.
2016-10-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What does the battery section in DJI Go tell you about the battery when in aircraft ?
2016-10-14
Use props
bootmick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Done all that! when in the aircraft the battery has no charge left very small percentage. Ive tried everything>
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bootmick Posted at 2016-10-15 06:57
Done all that! when in the aircraft the battery has no charge left very small percentage. Ive tried  ...

Do you notice any difference when you turn on the battery prior to charging? Do you have multiple batteries?
2016-10-14
Use props
bootmick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Battery is a brand new unused battery from DJI it has never been used. When attached to the charger the leds light up with a series of flashes by only two of them, then lights just go out after around 15 to 20 seconds then nothing happens.
2016-10-14
Use props
bootmick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sorry! no multiple batteries I just have the one
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

bootmick Posted at 2016-10-15 16:40
Sorry! no multiple batteries I just have the one

You tested your charger with a voltage meter and it reads 17.5V?  That's strange, it should charge.   Is it possible the metal pin of the charger is worn out and doesn't fit well with the battery?

I suggest you email support.eu@dji.com and probably send both the charger and battery in.  Sorry about your experience
2016-10-14
Use props
bootmick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have discovered the problem. Although there was power to the charger the power cable outlet was at fault.
NO MORE PROBLEM

Thanks
2016-10-15
Use props
bootmick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

[b]This may or not be of interest. In respect to the problem of non charging despite the output being at 17.5 volts. The charger which came with the drone had a European Continental 2 pin power plug and not a UK 3 pin plug.
Subsequently I was trying to use my shaver socket to do the charging which was were the problem was occurring! I has even rigged a 2 pin lead to use another lipo battery charge to give it a "hit" so to speak, this did not work either.
For some reason I decided to pull the 2 pin lead from the charger and replace with a 3 pin lead. HEY PRESTO! no more problem, battery started to charge in the normal manner as soon as it was switched on.
Why? I have no idea but this discovery is quite a relief. Thanks to everyone who has tried to help.
2016-10-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bootmick Posted at 2016-10-15 18:50
This may or not be of interest. In respect to the problem of non charging despite the output being a ...

That's easy then, the shaver outlets are 115v in the UK as opposed to 240v standard three pin socket outlet. Althoughg it might still have been sufficient to produce an output voltage the shaver socket would not have been able to supply the current required ( I believe they can supply 200mAh max') for the 100W DJI charger. Thanks for the update.
2016-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules