Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile Will not pair
7957 21 2016-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevenvblanco89
New

United States

I've tried multiple devices, iPhone 7 plus, iPhone 7, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy S5, iPads.... The Osmo Mobile just doesn't show up on any device. Bluetooth is enabled on all devices, rotation lock is disabled, Osmo Mobile battery was fully charged.
I can turn on the Osmo and the green LED is lit. For whatever reason not a single device I've tried will automatically pick up the dumb thing and it's frustrating the crap out of me. Any suggestions?
I'm borderline about to just return it and look for a different gimbal.
2016-10-14
Use props
baychilla
lvl.2

United States

When you have the OSMO displayed on the phones screen have you expanded the list and then manually selected OSMO Mobile?
2016-10-14
Use props
stevenvblanco89
New

United States

Yeah. This is as far as I get on every device I've tried
IMG_0499.PNG
2016-10-14
Use props
sftennisace
New

Hey Steven, I have the same problem you are experiencing, did you find a fix?
2016-10-15
Use props
stevenvblanco89
New

United States

I went back to the Apple Store where I got it and told them it wasn't pairing with any phone I tried and they exchanged it no questions asked. So now I'm charging the new one and trying to see if it gives me problems again. If it does I'm just returning it and getting a full refund. I'll let you know how it goes though
2016-10-15
Use props
sftennisace
New

Thanks, if you get it to work I will give it one more shot and exchange it. If not, getting a refund. Keep us posted!
2016-10-15
Use props
brVr4Uq8lZtc
lvl.1

Poland

In my case putting out battery for more than 5 minutes worked.
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

sftennisace Posted at 2016-10-16 14:54
Thanks, if you get it to work I will give it one more shot and exchange it. If not, getting a refund ...

It should be working, his unit's bluetooth might be defective.
2016-10-18
Use props
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft

I've had to re-pair it with WiFi on my iPhone to get it back working. Understandable, but I wish it'd just keep it as the preferred connection.
2016-10-18
Use props
pascalc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17851 ft

i have the same problem, no pairing on bluetooth with iphone.very frustrating, should i return the all package?

2016-10-27
Use props
pascalc
lvl.2

it pairs when i launch the Osmo app and when phone is on the stick, but not when separated?
2016-10-27
Use props
pascalc
lvl.2

pascalc Posted at 2016-10-28 04:14
it pairs when i launch the Osmo app and when phone is on the stick, but not when separated?

what is misleading is that in the setup video proposed by DJI, you have to pair your bluetooth while the mobile is not on the osmo, in fact that pairs if it is on the osmo and only when the app dji go is launched.
2016-10-27
Use props
gjaden
lvl.1
United States

same issue cannot find OSMO mobile - ensure the OSMO mobile is available - I had been using  Osmo just using regular apple camera on iPhone 7 - the simple would flop down and I would have to restart it every so often - super lame I haven't been able to connect this thing will be contacting DJI support to ask DJI why this OSMO mobile won't connect. I even tried re-installing the app but still no luck - same error message - can't find my device - anyone solved this?
2017-5-13
Use props
fans75046699
New
United States

stevenvblanco89 Posted at 2016-10-14 17:06
Yeah. This is as far as I get on every device I've tried

Hello! Did you manage to pair/connect your Osmo Mobile with your smartphone? I am still getting the same message: "Cannot find OSMO..." no matter I do. I've re-installed the DJI Go app several times, but no luck. I can't even connect the device via the DJI Assistant 2 with my Windows machine.

Any information you can provide would be much appreciate! Thank you.
2017-5-15
Use props
will.ctaweb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HI Guys,

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S8 - tried updating the firmware, which was weird, it said will take 15 mins but did it in seconds, tried it again, same, updated app no joy, noticed at one point it had connected to my old phone, so unpaired from that and now its not showing at all, not in bluetooth list or in DJI Go app, frustrating.
2017-6-29
Use props
jn123
lvl.1
United States

sftennisace Posted at 2016-10-15 16:57
Hey Steven, I have the same problem you are experiencing, did you find a fix?

Many customers are seeming to have this same problem. OSMO has a major problem with some of their motherboards. Because of this, they have conveniently stopped offering the repair with their warranty....and will force you to pay for the repair. So beware, before you send it in. And even if it does get  fixed, my OSMO has been there for 8 weeks....and I still don't have it back nor can get an answer on when it will be returned back to me. I hope you don't go through what I am going through.
2017-7-5
Use props
jn123
lvl.1
United States

pascalc Posted at 2016-10-27 20:09
what is misleading is that in the setup video proposed by DJI, you have to pair your bluetooth while the mobile is not on the osmo, in fact that pairs if it is on the osmo and only when the app dji go is launched.

Pascalc, may I ask how this was resolved? Did your OSMO work after all? It seems like many customers are seeming to have this same problem (as I have). DJI as I see it has a major problem with some of their motherboards. Because of this, they have conveniently stopped offering the repair with their warranty....and will force you to pay for the repair. So beware, before you send it in. And even if it does get  fixed, my OSMO has been there for 8 weeks....and I still don't have it back nor can get an answer on when it will be returned back to me. I hope you don't go through what I am going through.
2017-7-5
Use props
jn123
lvl.1
United States

gjaden Posted at 2017-5-13 13:49
same issue cannot find OSMO mobile - ensure the OSMO mobile is available - I had been using  Osmo just using regular apple camera on iPhone 7 - the simple would flop down and I would have to restart it every so often - super lame I haven't been able to connect this thing will be contacting DJI support to ask DJI why this OSMO mobile won't connect. I even tried re-installing the app but still no luck - same error message - can't find my device - anyone solved this?

gjaden, may I ask how this was resolved? Did your OSMO work after all? It seems like many customers are seeming to have this same problem (as I have). DJI as I see it has a major problem with some of their motherboards. Because of this, they have conveniently stopped offering the repair with their warranty....and will force you to pay for the repair. So beware, before you send it in. And even if it does get  fixed, my OSMO has been there for 8 weeks....and I still don't have it back nor can get an answer on when it will be returned back to me. I hope you don't go through what I am going through.
2017-7-5
Use props
fans71ef3fa0
New
Saudi Arabia

I have osmo mobile,I can't connect with osmo he is connect in Bluetooth three second and close  I am try every day but he is not  Connect  same problem now two month but I can't solution the problem anybody I have solution my problem
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans71ef3fa0 Posted at 2017-8-30 22:59
I have osmo mobile,I can't connect with osmo he is connect in Bluetooth three second and close  I am try every day but he is not  Connect  same problem now two month but I can't solution the problem anybody I have solution my problem

What was closed when the Bluetooth was connected for three seconds? Omso Mobile? Or just the Bluetooth got disconnected? What is the mobile device you are using?
2017-8-31
Use props
acvn
New
Netherlands

Hi, I'm having the same problem. The DJI Osmo Mobile and OnePlus 5 paired straight from the box, then I had to do a firmware upgrade and it worked once after that as well. Now, it cannot seem to connect the DJI Osmo Mobile to the app. I turn on bluetooth, turn on Osmo Mobile then launch the app. It will then show my Osmo Mobile in the device list, but just get stuck on connecting mode (spinning wheel on right) and then nothing. Sometimes it shows the device not even as an option 'unable to find ....' when I retry connecting after looking at the spinning wheel for 10+ minutes. How do I make this work?
2017-12-26
Use props
fansc9ff71ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13694 ft
United States

Wanted to add this in case someone needs this answer - I was trying to pair my Osmo Mobile and it would not find my phone.  It turns out the Osmo Mobile was already paired to my girlfriend's phone that I had also used with the Osmo Mobile.  

Turned her phone off and it paired right up with mine.
2018-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules