Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flys too fast?
1977 14 2016-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joshuahratliff
New

United States

I have a P3 Pro and a P4. My P3 seems like it flys so fast all the time - even when I want to go slow. The P4 is nice and slow. I know the solution is probably simple but can anyone point me to a setting, etc to allow me to fly the copter slower? Thanks!!

Josh
2016-10-14
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

One man's too fast could be another's not fast enough.
How fast is it going?
With Object Avoidance enabled, the P4 will only do 10 metres/sec.
Disbale OA and it should do the same speed as the P3 (15 m/s).
2016-10-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Think about it...
http://forum.dji.com/thread-66481-1-2.html

RedHotPoker
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

If you disable the obstacle avoidance the P4 will do the same as the P3.
Play with the gains and other settings to tame the P3 down.
2016-10-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-14 23:20
If you disable the obstacle avoidance the P4 will do the same as the P3.
Play with the gains and oth ...

Speed had never been an issue for me so far.  But attempting to get more can be fun.  Flying fast and far is awesome, but it's also great when you can fly slow and steady, partcularly when recording video.  Easy turns are best too, quite evident, obviously as well. It just makes for a much more appealing video to watch.  

RedHotPoker
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-15 15:30
Speed had never been an issue for me so far.  But attempting to get more can be fun.  Flying fast  ...

And that my friend is why you should have the Mavic as the next item on your list.
It has Tripod mode which allows the aircraft to only go up to 2.2mph for those really cool pan/slider shots
Just do it, hit that "add to cart"
2016-10-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-15 10:36
And that my friend is why you should have the Mavic as the next item on your list.
It has Tripod m ...

Eh DJI-Ken, greetings and salutations bud. All-ways the consumate gentleman and sales oriented web mod...
Please share some of your superb sliders and slow turns video with us, so we can learn from the master!? ;-)

We had a white out here yesterday. And it's not looking like flight schedules being booked anytime soon.
But weeeee aren't going to miss out on much. Thank goodness for having www.realflight.com/drone sim on my hp desktop.... Hehe

So you really like the new Mavic, don't you?  Are you getting any quality airtime with yours? Chuckles
I know how busy your hectic life must get, but if you are happily promoting it, go out and enjoy them too... Haha
Yes, it's looking like fall already....

RedHotPoker
image.jpeg
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-16 01:42
Eh DJI-Ken, greetings and salutations bud. All-ways the consumate gentleman and sales oriented web  ...

Another reason to buy the Mavic, it's enhanced positioning system along with tripod mode makes indoor flights a breeze
So who cares when your stuck inside, you can totally enjoy yourself indoors with the Mavic
2016-10-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-15 11:48
Another reason to buy the Mavic, it's enhanced positioning system along with tripod mode makes ind ...

Yes, I'm sure it's a marvelous flyer, indoors and outside the cottage... ;-)
But with RFDrone I get twenty drones to fly, and 20 various airfields to enjoy them.
Besides, I don't have a large indoor space to fly my models, here. Perhaps when we visit the vacant aircraft hangar this winter. That little drone will be more appealing...

RedHotPoker
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-16 02:14
Yes, I'm sure it's a marvelous flyer, indoors and outside the cottage... ;-)
But with RFDrone I ge ...

And that it shall
2016-10-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I already have six (micro ~ large) drones, two electric helicopters and a monster truck.
My main RC concern lately is of finishing my Align TRex 700E DFC HV build. Nothing else matters at the moment.

Still appreciate your awesome input and positive affirmations though... Thanks.
Please remember your promise, to post some Lume Cube night pics, from your Phantom or the Inspire. Chuckles

RecHotPoker
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-16 02:25
I already have six (micro ~ large) drones, two electric helicopters and a monster truck.
My main R ...

Yes I know, I'm going boating this evening. Maybe I'll bring the P4 and the cubes.
2016-10-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-15 12:54
Yes I know, I'm going boating this evening. Maybe I'll bring the P4 and the cubes.

Yes please, that would be swell. Charge them bad boys up, for full use.
Hope that you have fun, and of course a safe boat ride... ;-)

See you back on shore...

RedHotPoker

2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-16 02:58
Yes please, that would be swell. Charge them bad boys up, for full use.
Hope that you have fun, an ...

Man, I had it all planned out just for you. 3 charged P4 batteries, Lume Cubes all charged along with everything else.. Was going to get some great video of the boat with the Queen Mary in the background.
I had surgery Monday and this was my first night out since and I started feeling like crap so I left the boat and took a Uber home and left all my equipment on the boat with everyone else.
Maybe they'll break into my stuff and get some cool shots.
Sorry buddy
2016-10-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-16 00:14
Man, I had it all planned out just for you. 3 charged P4 batteries, Lume Cubes all charged along w ...

Gosh, sorry to hear about that. I hope you are feeling better soon bud. That's no fun. I had no idea you were still going through the healing process. Eh, well you get an A for effort from me.  Let's look forward to another day or night out, with the drones and friends, that it goes better...

Thanks for the news, even though it wasn't what we were hoping to see. Get well soon!!

RedHotPoker
2016-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules