Update battery firmware (Procedure)
2910 13 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MilspecJSC
lvl.2

United States

Hello All,

I have a newbie question. I simply cannot find the proper procedure for updating the battery with the latest firmware. I have heard that v.2.0 is the most current but all four of my batteries are at 1.0.0.9 (2.3.0.2 Loader). I have attempted to update them through the Phantom Assistant but each time it reports there are no updates. Can someone help me out or direct me to the correct procedure?

Current Configuration

Current Configuration
2015-2-2
Use props
FlyingDog
lvl.2

Taiwan

I think your batteries are fine.  The 'V2.0' is what printed on the battery, under 'Model No.', not the software nor firmware version.  With those 'V2.0' batteries, the Loader 2.3.0.2 and Firmware 1.0.0.9 seem to be the most updated so far. Mine are the same as yours.

For the pre-'V2.0' batteries, which I also have, I have Loader 1.5.0.0 and Firmware 2.6.0.0 go with them.

All are working well to me.
2015-2-2
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

Update your batteries in control software version 3.6 it may take a try or two but then you power it down and back up and it all of a sudden shows up v2.0 battery software. You have to do this for the new control software to recognize the battery correctly.
2015-2-2
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-2-3 08:48
Update your batteries in control software version 3.6 it may take a try or two but then you power it ...

Could you Post your Upgrade status page to show the V2 version of the battery software?
2015-2-3
Use props
MilspecJSC
lvl.2

United States

Jeepinocala, I have control software 3.6 and have tried repeatedly tried to update the firmware with no success. I have confirmed that all four of my batteries are v.2.0 by checking the battery part number and version (thanks Flyingdog). I have had no issues so I guess I'm going to just trust everything is OK until a new version drops and try again. To date, I have had NO issues with the batteries as they are now.
2015-2-3
Use props
jacobmervine
lvl.2

United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3854, DJI says they stopped the battery update.
2015-2-3
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

MilspecJSC Posted at 2015-2-3 22:28
Jeepinocala, I have control software 3.6 and have tried repeatedly tried to update the firmware with ...

Don't worry too much about it, your batteries will work fine just make sure not to let your batteries sit around fully charged for longer periods of times since they won't autodischarge after 10 days.  You also won't get the faulty cell message if your batteries go far out of balance.
Too many folks reported issues with non functioning batteries after the firmware update was done thus I guess they pulled the update
2015-2-3
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

swomilan.email Posted at 2015-2-3 23:30
Don't worry too much about it, your batteries will work fine just make sure not to let your batter ...

They did not pull the update it works fine you just have to do it correct.
2015-2-3
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-2-4 09:36
They did not pull the update it works fine you just have to do it correct.

Please elaborate
2015-2-3
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

What I did was install version 3.8 never taking out 3.6. I used 3.6 to update all of my batteries no problem but you do have to turn it on and off as usual everything you do has to be turned off then back on after you update each time. After I finished updating the batteries I then ran the rc assistant software v1.2 off their site and updated the rest off the v3.8. Pretty much a back and forth deal but works fine no issues at all. If you have a problem updating the controller then you need to run the exe off dji site rc assistant v1.2 also note make sure your batteries have a good charge during all this it fast.
2015-2-3
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-2-4 10:23
What I did was install version 3.8 never taking out 3.6. I used 3.6 to update all of my batteries  ...

I do have 3.8, 3.6 and even 3.4 still but neither will update 1.5 bootloader batteries nowadays
2015-2-3
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

swomilan.email Posted at 2015-2-4 10:42
I do have 3.8, 3.6 and even 3.4 still but neither will update 1.5 bootloader batteries nowadays

Is that an older version battery?
2015-2-4
Use props
swomilan.hotmai
lvl.4

Mexico

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-2-5 09:22
Is that an older version battery?

it's not one of the original ones with the round smartbus pads which could not be updated but the model after that with the square pads
2015-2-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I've got 4 batteries,  3 with the square pads and 1 with the round pads and they all updated just fine.
2015-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules