master and slave remotes
2999 21 2016-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
6QJkDJCxiVha
lvl.1
United States

Just purchased new inspire1 pro. We have followed all directions on setting master and slave remotes. There is no signal on master remote that slave remote is requesting connection. Slave remote says weak signal, no connection. Tried to turn on search button for master and switch slides off by itself. Slave controller does not come up on list on master controller.
Master controller works great by itself. PLEASE HELP!!!
2016-10-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe the video will help you find the trouble?

Rich
2016-10-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did you get it going or do you need more assistance ?

donnie
2016-10-16
Use props
Pioneer
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-17 00:48
Did you get it going or do you need more assistance ?

donnie

we have followed the instructions. Master control functions correctly. Password and name is set and aircraft is connected. when turning on slave we set controller function to slave, then slide switch to search for rc master list and slide switch slides back off immediately. All firmware is updated correctly. Slave remote isn't showing up on master controls slave list.
2016-10-16
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pioneer Posted at 2016-10-16 21:33
we have followed the instructions. Master control functions correctly. Password and name is set an ...

pioneer
have you tried to reset the remote?

please try the following button combination to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

This will allow for you to set the RC as the slave again. You can also calibrate the RC for good measure.

Rich
2016-10-16
Use props
Pioneer
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-17 12:58
pioneer
have you tried to reset the remote?

well, no success connecting. the reset of the remotes was successful and we have the preset names back, but neither controllers display the master/slave remote in the list. we flip the switch on the slave controller to search for master controllers but immediately after we switch it on it turns off.
2016-10-16
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Pioneer Posted at 2016-10-16 23:33
we have followed the instructions. Master control functions correctly. Password and name is set an ...

Are you positive that you have the correct RC transmitter  for the slave ?  Did it come with the system or did it get added.

donnie
2016-10-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pioneer Posted at 2016-10-16 23:10
well, no success connecting. the reset of the remotes was successful and we have the preset names  ...

This is starting to sound like it might be a hardware issue with the slave controller ?

If I understand you correctly, the slave controller does not stay powered on after you make the connection to the master...
1> I wonder, does the controller stay powered on without connecting it?
2> Have you tried to make the slave remote the Master and link it to the Inspire?
3> If the (slave remote) will connect to the Inspire as the Master, then try switching the (master remote) to the slave.

This was just a thought and maybe you have already tried this?
Rich
2016-10-17
Use props
Pioneer
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for your suggestions, we tried #2 and we know for sure which is the master and the slave because we have flown several times with the master, Also both remotes came together. linked down below is video we filmed to show more in depth the problem we're having.
2016-10-17
Use props
Wolfexe
lvl.2

Russia

This problem is on the latest firmware RC. Downgrade the firmware to 1.6
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, what firmware are you currently on? When you tied switching the slave and master assignments, what was the result? Did the slave RC work as the master, or did it have the same result as when it was the slave?
2016-10-18
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I have the same exact issue with my slave and master.... however my slave remote was bought later. I need t get mine fixed as well
2016-10-18
Use props
Wolfexe
lvl.2

Russia

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-10-19 07:31
I have the same exact issue with my slave and master.... however my slave remote was bought later. I ...

What firmware RC installed? The last firmware I had the same problem. I downgraded firmware to 1.6 and the problem disappeared. Try to do it.
2016-10-18
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Wolfexe Posted at 2016-10-18 16:55
What firmware RC installed? The last firmware I had the same problem. I downgraded firmware to 1.6 ...

Thanks Wolf

Im currently working remote and my inspire is safe and home and 700 miles away... however when I get home I'm going to take one last look at it and then send it in.
I just hate to do that if its a simple frequency issue I can solve on my own.
2016-10-18
Use props
Pioneer
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-19 04:17
To clarify, what firmware are you currently on? When you tied switching the slave and master assignm ...

our firmware is 1.8, and when we tried switching the function from slave to master, the slave continued as the slave. It didn't take control like the master.
2016-10-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pioneer Posted at 2016-10-17 20:25
Thank you for your suggestions, we tried #2 and we know for sure which is the master and the slave b ...

Hello pioneer and thank you for posting your video.

Please downgrade your remotes to version 1.6 and then retry the master and slave connections. I also see you are using the android devices that looks a little difference from my iOS devices.  Anyway, it appears to be a RC FW issue.

Don't forget to relink your master remote if you have any connection issues after downgrading your FW.

PS do not have the Inspire turned on while you are downgrading the remote FW

Rich
2016-10-18
Use props
Pioneer
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-19 12:32
Hello pioneer and thank you for posting your video.

Please downgrade your remotes to version 1.6  ...

Thank you, we will give it a try.
2016-10-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Pioneer Posted at 2016-10-19 10:13

Ok , couple questions .  Is that Samsung an approved device ?  does it work just fine on the master if you switched it around ?  

Can you take a screen shot of BOTH" about "pages to compare the FW versions on both ?
When you updated are you sure that both RC transmitters went to 1.7 ?  sometimes they are on different levels of update and might not havbe both gone to 1.7 .  THEY BOTH MUST MATCH EACH-OTHER

Do you have a page on the Remote control Settings page that has Master Slave and off like picture below ? It should have this on there ( I have an I pad and it shows up on remote control settings . EDIT  ::::This is android so I think it is NORMAL .

Make sure that the RC Stick settings on both the Master and Slave are matched.  I believe they default to mode 2 but make sure they match . ( Make sure systems are on  to verify )
ALSO CHECK IF BOTH GO APPS   ARE ON  IMPERIAL  OR METRIC under general settings .
I would delete and re install the go app on the RC slave , it only takes a minute and might solve the problem as well.  

Also when you made the slave remote the master , You MUST re link it to make it work , this is done by pressing the red button on the aircraft inside the nose , it is just behind the right front silver nose cone screw, might need flashlight, you may want to try that again if nothing works to make sure that RC does inded work .  You must start the re link from the Remote control setttings and then it is a timed procedure to press the red link button .
Dont do this till we see what versions  are on the GO app" about" page.

let me know

donnie

rc settings page.PNG
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Pioneer Posted at 2016-10-19 10:48
our firmware is 1.8, and when we tried switching the function from slave to master, the slave cont ...

I agree with Rich, since you're using older firmware, you should downgrade the RC to 1.6 and that should rectify the issue with your aircraft firmware as is.
2016-10-19
Use props
Pioneer
lvl.1
United States

We downgraded our firmware to 1.6 on both of our remotes, glad to say its working perfectly no problems at all, thank you all for your help.
2016-10-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Pioneer Posted at 2016-10-19 20:22
We downgraded our firmware to 1.6 on both of our remotes, glad to say its working perfectly no probl ...

Great , glad you have it worked out , 1.7 was a total train wreck of an update  on the RC , If I were you I would  rollback the firmware on the Aircraft to 1.8 as well and stay there for a while . Until we get a new update I think it is a safe one to stay at for a while .

This is where I am at and suggest :

RC 1.6  Slave and Master
AC 1.8  Aircraft and Camera
Go App  2.92 is ideal but the latest update seems to have curerd some of the problems from 3.0.  The last go update was just horrible , cant believe that on even came out.

Good Luck

donnie
2016-10-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pioneer Posted at 2016-10-19 08:13

Hey pioneer

Glad to hear you are up and running again. I upgraded my slave remote and tried to connect to the master and had the same problem you did. Downgraded it back to 1.6 and everything is back to normal again.

They definitely have some bugs to fix ...

>>>>>>>>  
Jamie, hopefully you are reading this........   please report these issues to the DJI R&D team.

Rich

2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules