2147 4 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gruprecht
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136086 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Leaving on vacation for Mexico this coming weekend and wanted to know if anyone has travelled there with their Inspire or any other Phantom type drone. Staying at a resort just North of Puerto Vallarta, fairly isolated. Was curious about Mexican regulations, if any, or what to consider or watch out for???? Any advice would be appreciated as this will be first for me....

2015-2-2
Use props
marshallhunsake
lvl.1

United States

I just got back from there yesterday and a few friends of mine who live there were telling me there aren't any laws restricting drone use, even for commercial purposes. Of course you may want to look it up to be safe but they assured me it wasn't a problem
2015-2-2
Use props
bvinisky.email
lvl.3

United States

I was just in Zihuatanejo a few weeks ago and had no problems. Unfortunately at the time I still only had a one battery for the Inspire, so I opted to leave it home and was using the more portable Phantom 2 instead. TSA, immigration and customs were all a breeze. They didn’t look at or ask about it. My experience was completely positive, but I played it somewhat conservative with my flights, sticking with the less populated beaches and the dense costal jungle area around where I was staying. Depending on where you are and the people that are around, you'll obviously get a lot of attention (though that’s also frequent in the states in my experience). Even flying around playa blanca, which has some pretty wide open beaches bereft of tourists and crowds, I still had locals gathering around to watch and inquire about it. But it was all good, everyone was genuinely interested and fascinated by the technology. Several different times locals came up to me just to let me know how beautiful they thought the craft was.

I did a little research before I went, most of it being anecdotal evidence like this indicating that the culture and laws were open to UAVs. I can’t speak to any official or unofficial (it is Mexico after all) laws.

Bryant
2015-2-2
Use props
lzrman.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7598451 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I thought there was some rules about flying it at Chichen Itza, but not sure if u wanted to know that or not.
2015-2-2
Use props
Jdog Awesome
New

United States

I live in Playa del Carmen half the year when it's winter in Chicago, where i spend the other half of the year, so I have a good  understanding of the general laws and the like. First off I see drones flying around everywhere down here on  the beaches and everywhere in between and I've seen them fly right around the police and they've never given anyone any pronlems. Also it's Mexico, there are not many laws dictating smaller things like drones. I haven't been able to find any info about Chichi Itza though I'm sure you be fine and I highly doubt anyone will stop you. Happy flying!   
2016-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules