Graupner PPM and A2 available channels
7459 14 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
project41.me
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Does anyone out there have any experience with Graupner PPM and A2 settings.

I have set my MC32 tx to SUM0 16 in the telemetry page and am using the PPM settings on the A2 flight controller as this is the only setup i can use with the Graupner Hott TX and RX short of spending $160 for the traditional wiring unit.
I am using a GR32 reciever so should have access to 16 channels from the PPM sum signal

All works well except i only get 8 channels working on the A2 flight controller, i can map 1-8 but anything over 9 does not register.
i also get regular "reciever not connected" alert messages within the assistant software even though all the controls and switches are functioning correctly

Any ideas ??

2015-2-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

You can try to connect the PPM to X2 port on A2 flight controller.
And another thing need to inform you is that the PPM receiver only support 8 channels, if you need to access to more channels you need a S-BUS receiver.
2015-2-3
Use props
project41.me
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks for the Update, given up on PPM now, i am going to have to buy the A2 adaptor and wire it the traditional way, this will free up the remaining 8 channels on my GR32 RX. Thanks, there goes another £150. Seems that if you use Futaba or spectrum your ok but not if you use Graupner.
2015-2-4
Use props
project41.me
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Fitted the S-Bus converter unit and connected 8 flight control channels through this and the problems i was having with interference between channels and twitching went away, obviously the A2 does not like the PPM signal from the Graupner receiver, tried 3 different receivers and different link cables and always had the same problem.
This now allows me to run the full 16 channels and 2 receivers from the MC32 making it very easy to swap from single to dual operator.

if you are using Graupner on an A2 i recommend using the S Bus convertor for the A2…. not cheap but when you look at the cost of your set up its worth the investment.

if you are using Naza or Wookong i recommend not using the PPM signal from the receiver and wiring it using the traditional method.

i have now gone back to my Sky hero with a Wookong fitted and changed the PPM connection to traditional wiring and again all the twitching has gone away.

2015-2-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

project41.me Posted at 2015-2-6 19:08
Fitted the S-Bus converter unit and connected 8 flight control channels through this and the problem ...

Thanks for your report! Very useful.
2015-2-8
Use props
hoverimages
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

project41.me Posted at 2015-2-6 19:08
Fitted the S-Bus converter unit and connected 8 flight control channels through this and the problem ...

Hey... can you please post a link to the s-bus converter that you are talking about
im trying to do  set up like yours and want to make sure i get the proper convertter
2015-3-15
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

looking it up for you now
2015-3-23
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

What you need is the DJI A2 D Bus Adaptor

Here is the link

http://www.heliguy.com/dji-a2-dbus-adapter.html

This will give you the reliability you are looking for

Regards

Gary
2015-3-23
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

hoverimages Posted at 2015-3-16 07:10
Hey... can you please post a link to the s-bus converter that you are talking about
im trying to  ...

Here is the link

http://www.heliguy.com/dji-a2-dbus-adapter.html

This will give you the reliability you are looking for

Regards

Gary
2015-3-23
Use props
hoverimages
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

project41@me.co Posted at 2015-3-23 19:08

Here is the link

Thank you... got it.... you said you have all 16 channels available...
If its not hard for you can you post some pictures of your remote settings that will make that happen and some setting of your A2 that will also except the 16 channels
Thanks
2015-3-23
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

As you are wiring  using the traditional method you wire your first 8 channels through the s-bus adaptor and configure your settings  on the A2 controller to use the features you want. You will not be able to use all of them as you will run out of channel allocations, this will leave you 8 further channels on the GR-32 (16 channel receiver) or 6 on the  GR-24 (12 channel receiver) to use.

I found that as i wanted to use the return home and banked turn function i could not use the inteligent  landing gear function so i just wired this in direct to the landing controller from my receiver.  This operates the landing gear up and down but does not give you the intelligent function of it not going up on the ground but if you need this you really should not be flying it

also remember do not remap you tx or rx channels or you will get some strange control and motor start positions, if you need to remap the control channels do this by physically changing the cables on the rx or s-bus unit.

It takes a bit of time to work it through to see how you can operate the S900 with A2 in some form of order that seems logical but it is possible.

if you really get stuck drop me another message and i will copy off my radio settings for you, unfortunately i am not at home at the moment so can not do this.

hope this helps

Gary

2015-4-1
Use props
maconhill
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-3 21:40
You can try to connect the PPM to X2 port on A2 flight controller.
And another thing need to inform  ...

I have the DragonLink...It will only allow me to run PPM straight to A2 however I am only getting 8 channels at the moment. The dragonlink is set to run up to 12...Will I be able to use the other 4? Please advice me...Thank you
2015-4-20
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

maconhill@gmail Posted at 2015-4-21 14:11
I have the DragonLink...It will only allow me to run PPM straight to A2 however I am only getting  ...

Sorry, as what I mentioned above, the PPM Receiver only allow you to use 8 channels. So you cannot use the other 4..
2015-4-21
Use props
maconhill
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-4-21 16:07
Sorry, as what I mentioned above, the PPM Receiver only allow you to use 8 channels. So you cannot ...

And there is something that I can buy so I can get more channels out of my DragonLink??? thank you for the advice
2015-4-21
Use props
fansed722954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34892 ft

Oh burn. Im having similar ISSUES with my GRAUPNER MC-16 tray transmitter with added HOTT SMART BOX but I knew u only got 8 channels on PPM. On Model type, im setting this up on my DJI S900 with the Graupner receiver. Question #1, do I have to use the DJI Adapter that plugs into the x2 port for using other companies receivers?
   My other question is on the Transmitter. In "model type" the 1st line says "Motor at C1" a d then u can choose its location. Im programming this for a S900 Hexacopter. What should I do in the Model Type?
2019-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules