HELP REASSEMBLING GIMBAL MOUNT, PLEASE
1609 7 2016-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7962966 ft
United States

I have all the parts to replace the defective PCB board on my Inspire 1 gimbal mount but can't figure it out. Can someone please detail it in a text here or do a Youtube for assembly of the PCB (part 30) with the gimbal lock? Sure would appreciate it
   Wes   (Rustysilverwings)
Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 4.46.18 PM.png -----========this is what I have, all apart, plus the two cables (all set there) and the mounting plate and rubber feet (all set there). only need help with the three pieces plus 8 screws in the mount itself.

2016-10-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

here an old youtube video showing how to install the old style X3 mount. But the camera mount is the same

Rich
2016-10-16
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-16 20:18
here an old youtube video showing how to install the old style X3 mount. But the camera mount is the ...

Thank you, but alas, the gimbal mount with the PCB board was already assembled in this video and my confusion and clumsiness deals without to join the three elements of the gimbal mount. I'll keep trying!
2016-10-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2016-10-16 18:54
Thank you, but alas, the gimbal mount with the PCB board was already assembled in this video and m ...

Okay....  The camera mount is held in place with 4 screws onto the baseplate. This video goes more into replacing the part you show in your photo. two cables and all of this is pretty easy to see ( I think) in the video...

Hope this helps

Rich
2016-10-16
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-16 22:51
Okay....  The camera mount is held in place with 4 screws onto the baseplate. This video goes more ...

Well, problem solved. Looking at an online photo of the gimbal mount assembly, I tried three different ways to sandwich the PCB board between the square part that screws onto the baseplate and the part which locks onto the camera and finally got everything together somehow. I made a ridiculous hash of it, given such a simple problem. Like most drone problems if it ever happens again I'll be ready, but the odds are another confusing issue to confuse and confound as I try to get the bird back into the air again. What fun!
I did get some excellent YouTube advice from a fellow Inspire pilot about repairing a broken boom while awaiting replacements. The product FiberFix made a virtually unbreakable splint around the broken parts with no observable performance impact. I trimed a 1"x3" strip of the FiberFix, held it under warm water, squeezed the excess moisture out and wrapped tightly around the boom. I then used the included plastic film wrapped tightly around the FiberFix, and 15 minutes later was ready to fly again.
If it wasn't for my compulsion to have my Inspire looking new and pretty, I wouldn't bother with a replacement part given the cost and difficulty of its installation.
2016-10-20
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2016-10-20 02:13
Well, problem solved. Looking at an online photo of the  gimbal mount assembly, I tried three differ ...

What replacement boom part are you awaiting?  I have a R/H CF assembly that is brand new that I have not used yet because I hate to solder the antenna connections.  DJI does a much better job of this repair than I.
2016-10-20
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

Movin on Posted at 2016-10-20 10:46
What replacement boom part are you awaiting?  I have a R/H CF assembly that is brand new that I ha ...

All set on parts, thanks.
2016-10-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2016-10-20 02:13
Well, problem solved. Looking at an online photo of the  gimbal mount assembly, I tried three differ ...

I am pleased you were able to get this figured out

sometimes it takes persistence to succeed with repairs because DJI has not provided us with a repair manual. Most repairs have been deemed to be required by the DJI's repair shops

Rich
2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules