Can you upgrade the firmware using the IOS app ?
1480 11 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
apjr1.verizon
lvl.2

United States

i known DJI inssists that we should not use this availiable ios app but is it possible to use it ? is people flying with no issue ?
what are the bad things about it?
and mos important can you upgrade you firmware with it ?
thanks all!!!
2015-2-2
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Hi,

I did not know anyone had made any insistance regarding the app.  I have not encountered any big problems with the app.  

Yes you can update with it as far as many here and in the many online videos I've seen are concerned.  I just update by inserting the SD card containing the new firmware into the camera and then turning on the Inspire.  I did it that way the first time I ever updated not really knowing any better.  Then on the new firmware release I tried it with the controller and Pilot App functioning.  On that try the process hung midway. I tried it then as I had with my initial update using the Inspire unattached. It worked perfectly and the iOS app detected the new firmware update after I turned it back on.   You can also do the controller's update while it is not connected.  

So the answer is yes many people seem to be able to do it with the iOS app guiding the way. And some people like me were not able to. But I found I didn't need anything but the Inspire itself and the firmware

Dan
2015-2-2
Use props
apjr1.verizon
lvl.2

United States

when i turn on the Inspire it dosent recognize the SD card, nothing happens but i do get a message saying that it will lock in 3 days if i don't do the upgrade, thinking about just buying a Android device tomorrow, what you think Daninperth?
2015-2-2
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

apjr1.verizon Posted at 2015-2-3 09:17
when i turn on the Inspire it dosent recognize the SD card, nothing happens but i do get a message s ...

I see...so you are turning on the Inspire alone while the controller and iOS is not connected, I assume.  Well now then let me think what else I have heard.  I did hear and see quite a few convoluted methods that people used for a successful update...

Do you by chance have two sets of firmware on the SD Card?  I don't know if that matters but I did remove the original.

I wonder if anyone else here will see this and tell their story...
2015-2-2
Use props
apjr1.verizon
lvl.2

United States

no only one set on the card, i use apple products for everything do you have to unzip the file before transferring to the card? i been looking for this everywhere, on the videos they use a apple computer and I'm doing exactly  what they did, and i have the RC on and the app open before i turn on the inspire
2015-2-2
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

apjr1.verizon Posted at 2015-2-3 09:25
no only one set on the card, i use apple products for everything do you have to unzip the file befor ...

Yes, you will want to either unzip it to your computer or directly to the SD card...either way. That could be the problem....let me show you what it should look like....  

WM610_FW_V01.02.00.16.bin

That is basically what you will see and that is all you need to move to your SD card.  You will also need to move that to a flashdrive to load onto your controller.  There is a PDF document explaining how to do this in Inspire support downloads...although I do not seem to be able to find that right now.  There is also a passage in the Inspire manual that explains it.

As for DJI insisting we should not use the app, I have not heard that. In fact I asked the same question you are asking now about 0.9.1.  Call me confused haha.

That being said if it turns out that I have to buy an android device I will be disappointed but not as much as I would be if you took my Inspire away
2015-2-2
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

apjr1.verizon Posted at 2015-2-3 09:25
no only one set on the card, i use apple products for everything do you have to unzip the file befor ...

Dronefly.com , inspire camera and firmware upgrade video , simple.,
2015-2-2
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Try this video on YouTube , its by dronefly inc. it's called ( dji inspire 1 demo ) firmware upgrade .
2015-2-2
Use props
snathla.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did my upgrade on IOS 0.9.1 and it went well.
2015-2-2
Use props
apjr1.verizon
lvl.2

United States

could it be the fact  that I'm using the IOS 0.9.2 ???
2015-2-2
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

IOS 0.9.2 worked fine for us doing a firmware upgrade.
2015-2-2
Use props
apjr1.verizon
lvl.2

United States

Finally got it to work, it tuns out that something was wrong with the SD card provided with the Inspire1 the moment I tried a different one it worked on the first try, seems like everything is 100% thank you all for the help!!!
2015-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules