Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 vision + no video and now no gimble response
2384 19 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stan
lvl.1

United States

Phantom 2 vision + was updated to latest firmware.  First the video feed from the camera was not showing up on the dji assistant app but telemetry was visible and the gimble could be controlled.  Now when the phantom is powered up the light on the gimble blinks red, ther is no video feed and now the gimble sits there limp, the motors on the gimble buzz three times pause and then continue to buzz three times and the process repeats.  The dji assistant app in the camera mode says to remove the gimble lock but the gimble lock had not been on the phantom.  All of the gimble motors can move freely and none are binding.  All of the flexible connections to each gimble motor and camera and the connections to the top of the gimble hsve been checked.  All of the connections inside the phantom that connect to the gimble have been checked and I even checked continuity of the cables that connect the phantom to the gimble and all test out good.  

There were not any problems before the upgrades to the firmware.  Will a failed wi-fi module also affect the gimble and the video feed or are these two different circuits?  Please help.

2016-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Stan, really sorry for the trouble, according to what you described, it needs to be sent in for further evaluation then get it fixed by our engineers.
Please feel free to contact our tech support at support.us@dji.com for further help.
Thanks.
2016-10-17
Use props
darryl.marks82
New

I'm having the same issues since firmware update this week!!! Help
2016-10-18
Use props
plumbfreeordie
lvl.1

United States

I have a post called "Bad companies" discussing DJI's response to this problem.  You should go there and chime in as I am the only one in the thread with this problem.  The rest of the people are saying I'm a jerk
2016-10-22
Use props
Etienne1968
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37684 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I am having the same problem, I updated the software on my Vision Plus and noticed that there was a new gimbal update, I let it update but after the update the gimbal doesnt work anymore and you can hear a buzzing sound 3 times and then a pause and then again the 3 buzzes, the gimbal is dead and also video is not showing anymore and no telemetry and it says that there is no SD card inserted.

Before the update it was working fine, I dont know what to do, is there a way to downgrade back to the working version?

Kind regards,
Etienne
2016-11-18
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The last update for the gimbal was way back in 2014.
What was this "new gimbal update" ?

Firmware Updates on October 28, 2014
Overview: a) Flight controller firmware updated to v3.08. b) Central board firmware updated to v1.0.2.7. c) 3-axial gimbal firmware updated to v1.0.0.6.
2016-11-18
Use props
Etienne1968
lvl.1
Netherlands

I am also wondering what whas this new update, I just noticed that in the program it stated that there was a new update for the gimbal and I updated it, and now it is not working any more.

Harbourside can I ask, do you own a Vision Plus? if so could ypu make a screenshot of the firmware page in the Vision assistant page?

Or at least confirm what is written with the gimbal part, as for me it is writen 'ZEN imu' and I cant recal if it was there before.

Kind regards,
Etienne
2016-11-19
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

Yeah I own a V+, I will take some photos later, don't think it says Zen imu, but not sure.
Watch this space
2016-11-19
Use props
Etienne1968
lvl.1
Netherlands

OK, SUPER thanks ia, but be carefull not to update!
2016-11-20
Use props
Etienne1968
lvl.1
Netherlands

Etienne1968 Posted at 2016-11-20 14:16
OK, SUPER thanks ia, but be carefull not to update!

This is what i mean this looks to me not correct? maybe anybody from DJI can respond to this ?

Kind regards,
Etienne
VPlus Assistant.PNG
2016-11-21
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

Sorry I did not get a chance to check over the weekend and I am now away from home for a week, but I promise to look it up as soon as I get back.
Hope in the mean time that someone else can help, there must be more than 2 of us with working Phantoms
2016-11-21
Use props
fans31deabc7
New

United States

Etienne1968 Posted at 2016-11-18 09:15
Hi,

I am having the same problem, I updated the software on my Vision Plus and noticed that there w ...

Any answers regarding why phantom 2 is flying blind? Thanks
2016-11-26
Use props
Etienne1968
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi Fans31deabc7,

Maybe if you formulated your question a liitle better and explain a little bit more what is going on, people would be more 'willing' to reply and to help you out.

Kind regards,
Etienne
2016-11-26
Use props
fansda5309dc
lvl.1

United States

There is no help for your model, DJI will suggest a number of things that won't work and they ask you to send it in at your own expense for them to repair.  Many people, including myself, have this problem and DJI won't do anything about it because they are a horrible company.  I would recommend not sending them any more money for anything.  Tell everyone you know how they treat their customers.  I started a Facebook page for people with this problem to protest how they were treated.

Link to the anti DJI Facebook page
2016-11-26
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

Hi Etienne, sorry for the delay but here are my photos of the PT2 assistant, the about page in the Vision app, and a screen shot of everything working fine, as it has from day 1 way back in 2014

pt2 1.jpg
Screenshot_2016-11-28-12-45-39.png
Screenshot_2016-11-28-12-44-51.png
2016-11-28
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
United Kingdom

One more thing, are you using the latest version of the PT2 Assistant (3.8 released in 2015), as your screen shot is slightly different from mine when showing the available updates ?
2016-11-29
Use props
fans1113b0a9
New
United States

I have a Phantom 2 Vision, and a Phantom Vision 2+. I have not flown them for over a year, and then they only had accumulated a few hours fight time each at the most.
I gave the Vision to my son for Christmas so he could learn to fly and take pictures. When we started up the phantom Vision we had the same "no video feed" issues, and everything else was ok, but no video feed.
So I started up my Vision 2+: same exact problems!!! DJI has intentionally crippled the older quadcopters to force us to buy new models. This is outrageous!
Online, there are thousands of posts with the same exact issues.
I was ready to place an order for the new Phantom 4 plus, even after I bought the Phantom 4 last spring.
Now I swear I will never trust DJI again, unless they resolve the problems they created.
2017-1-7
Use props
Etienne1968
lvl.1
Netherlands

Harbourside Posted at 2016-11-29 01:42
One more thing, are you using the latest version of the PT2 Assistant (3.8 released in 2015), as your screen shot is slightly different from mine when showing the available updates ?

Sorry just see you reply now... I have ended my tries with the Phantom 2 by selling it with a Gopro camera under it that together with selling my Phantom 1 and some added funds I got myself a Mavic and up to now it lives up to the expectations...

Anyway thanks for taking the time then to answer !

Regards,
Etienne
2017-5-9
Use props
Homer Simpson
Second Officer

Canada

Etienne1968 Posted at 2017-5-9 00:44
Sorry just see you reply now... I have ended my tries with the Phantom 2 by selling it with a Gopro camera under it that together with selling my Phantom 1 and some added funds I got myself a Mavic and up to now it lives up to the expectations...

Anyway thanks for taking the time then to answer !

I did an update on both Phantom and gopro. No video so I took them back. Got another one and have never done any updates and wont. Flies without any issues. Moral to the story, if it works, don't update.
2017-5-9
Use props
HertsFlyer
New

United Kingdom

Did this ever get sorted.

I have loaded the 3.8 assistant and I dont think it has even detected the gibal or camera, the last owner said it was working before he udated it.

2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules