Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weird since DJI Go 3 - Android
1331 7 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Lately, in fact slightly before DJI Go 3 video signal was messing up. I posted previously about this.
Next flight was DJI Go V3

I was thinking maybe was interference as a high wifi zone, so tried it more out of the way in an area with very low router density. I had pretty much the same, video signal loss, video signal jumping up and down on the screen, glitchy video. This was on an Nvidia Shield tablet.

I then tried with my phone, and found the video to be working okay in that same place.

Other issue I've had however is: 'braking now! no use to move the stick right. avoid the obstacle' appearing regularly, even though the bird was way up in the air - This happened both using tablet and using phone.

Of course tomorrow I'll run through recalibrating the IMU, and go through the visual sensor calibration too, but if anyone else has any ideas or has seen this?
Also I have had issues (since upgrading to V3) syncing logs, mostly comes back saying 'failed'. I've backed up the tablet logs and going to try a factory reset, but since some of these issues (including the syncing) are on tablet and phone...

Yes I've done the controller update.

DJI - My email address is the same one I use on this forum.
2016-10-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Other issue I've had however is: 'braking now! no use to move the stick right. avoid the obstacle' appearing regularly, even though the bird was way up in the air - This happened both using tablet and using phone."

Did that pop up as a message on the screen, or an audio warning ?
2016-10-17
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-17 20:54
"Other issue I've had however is: 'braking now! no use to move the stick right. avoid the obstacle'  ...

Popped up on screen. No idea what it meant as happened while hovering way up out the way of anything, then kept popping up.
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

After IMU calibration and the visual sensor calibration, if the error persists, please post a screenshot of the error message here.
I'll help to check it.
2016-10-17
Use props
Scanners
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89990 ft
United States

I've been seeing the same issue and DJI GO now things I have a P3 rather than P4 and will not allow me to get to any camera controls (including start recording and take photo). I tried downgrading my controller, but still the same, but I see many, many complaints in other forums about the Go 3.0 app screwing all sorts of things up. Now I am back on 1.6 for the controller with no improvement, I now suspect the app. Apparently a new 3.0.1 version was released today for iOS, but nothing for Android yet. Can anyone from DJI say when 3.0.1 will be released for Android or how to downgrade to an earlier version?? Thanks.
2016-10-18
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-18 05:30
After IMU calibration and the visual sensor calibration, if the error persists, please post a screen ...

Hi Mindy, Thanks for the reply All good advice and all completed.

I doubt a screenshot would have helped any more than the exact quoted message, and most of us are too busy flying to stop and take screenshots, especially when weird messages appear - we prefer to spend our time bringing the bird down safely!

The message was:
'braking now! no use to move the stick right. avoid the obstacle'

It's obviously in the code, so maybe something you can ask the devs to send you a screenshot of ;)

I've now factory reset my tablet and reinstalled DJI Go v3

After again cleaning sensors I completed IMU calibration. After calibration I got a message mentioning visual error and that if it persists after a restart contact DJI.

I restarted the aircraft and no errors

Next I completed the visual calibration, though I had to use an older version of the DJI Assistant as the new one (Windows version) is bugged? (It had lots of noise playing, sounded like someone saying something in 30 different languages all at the same time - but never allowing you to click the 'start' button).

All of the above completed and *maybe* (Hopefully!!) get a chance to fly tomorrow.

I assume it's okay that I completed calibration with DJI Assistant v1.00.0002 ?

Hey, maybe it was a fly from the field where I was flying decided to sit on the sensor and go for a ride? Who knows, but I'm hoping that it'll be solved now.

What I will mention, is that I did a 'range test' of the controller today, without props, on the ground and it seems a lot lower than it was when I got the aircraft. I got 150M away and the signal was barely there!

As for the K1 shield, I'm hoping that turning off the 'adoptive storage' option for the card will help, the DJI app was installed to internal memory anyway, but, gotta try!

Since factory reset the logs now seem to sync, no matter how many times I 'reset' or uninstalled/reinstalled the app the logs would fail sync previously. (Same happens on phone too)
2016-10-18
Use props
jklingbe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27205 ft
United States

calls4u2 Posted at 2016-10-18 12:52
Hi Mindy, Thanks for the reply  All good advice and all completed.

I doubt a screenshot would h ...

@calls4u2   I started receiving the same 'braking now! no use to move the stick right. avoid the obstacle' message after the 3.0 update on my Android tablet. Did the IMU and visual calibration mentioned above resolve the issue or is it still happening?
2016-10-21
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Not been able to fly yet due to work and lousy weather, if you get out there before me let me know, otherwise of course I'll keep you updated shame no updates from dji
2016-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules