DRONE WON'T TURN ON
12Next >
51564 40 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ParkerjuddroSe3
New

United States

I try to plug in the battery to the drone and hold it for 2 seconds, then hold and nothing happens. I plug in different batteries and nothing works. Anything to help. Thanks.
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi,could you please make a short video of this issue?
I'll help to check the way you turn on the battery.
Also,please make sure you have full charged the battery.
2016-10-17
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Press the button once (short press), press it again and hold it.  Don't just press and hold.
2016-10-17
Use props
Fillmore_fire
New

United States

Press button one time quick, then one time long to turn unit on.
2016-10-17
Use props
shumanorganics
New

United States

RE: DRONE WON'T TURN ON

Hi All, I have a new drone phantom 3 standard but can not get the motors to run. I had one before hit the command with both toggles in but this one will not run. All the dgi app works great , calibrated great, lights work fine ,camera. Everything good but the motors will not start. Batteries full charged, firm ware installed everything..... Please help before I return this thing. Thank you
2016-10-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

shumanorganics Posted at 2016-10-18 14:24
Hi All, I have a new drone phantom 3 standard but can not get the motors to run. I had one before hi ...

Are you getting the green safe to fly message on the top row of the DJI Go App? To start the motors you must pull both sticks fully down and both towards the centre of the controller. If that does not work, then you may have to perform a contoller calibration routine.
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

shumanorganics Posted at 2016-10-18 11:24
Hi All, I have a new drone phantom 3 standard but can not get the motors to run. I had one before hi ...

Are you trying outside for the first time. If it's in your house then please try outside.
2016-10-17
Use props
shumanorganics
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-17 23:46
Are you trying outside for the first time. If it's in your house then please try outside.

Yes  went to 5 parks within 5 miles
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

shumanorganics Posted at 2016-10-18 11:48
Yes  went to 5 parks within 5 miles

And the app indicates safe to fly? And it does not say anything about no fly zon correct?
It may be that the RC need to be calibrated if pulling both sticks down to the corners is not arming the motors.From the Remote controller Settings, to to Remote Controller Calibration.
2016-10-17
Use props
shumanorganics
New

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-17 23:39
Are you getting the green safe to fly message on the top row of the DJI Go App? To start the motor ...

Did all the calibration all light signals  fine, just won't start
2016-10-17
Use props
shumanorganics
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-17 23:50
And the app indicates safe to fly?
It may be that the RC need to be calibrated.

All calibration  came out good, lights signals good, safe to fly works everything
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

shumanorganics Posted at 2016-10-18 11:52
All calibration  came out good, lights signals good, safe to fly works everything

And you are pulling both sticks down to the inside corners, or both down to the outside corners?
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

shumanorganics Posted at 2016-10-18 11:52

Also, you said firmware installed, you installed only from the app and not the SD card correct.
The Standard only updates form the app and you are not supposed to use the SD card.
2016-10-17
Use props
ParkerjuddroSe3
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-17 18:17
I'll help to check the way you turn on the bat ...

Yes i turn it on correctly but idk what is wrong it makes a little beep but no lights or anything...
2016-10-21
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-18 11:46

Agreed about outside.  I can not get my P3S to start the motors while it is sitting in my garage on my workbench. But if I walk out to end on my short driveway, it starts right up every time.
2016-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ParkerjuddroSe3 Posted at 2016-10-22 09:34
Yes i turn it on correctly but idk what is wrong it makes a little beep but no lights or anything. ...

Could you please record a video of the issue?
It's helpful to figure it out.
2016-10-22
Use props
fans2451d5c8
New
United States

I cant get my drone to turn on. Does nothing when i turn battery on.
2017-4-14
Use props
fans5d5773a5
New
Flight distance : 2182 ft
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-10-17 17:43
Press the button once (short press), press it again and hold it.  Don't just press and hold.

Thanks, Gary. Missed the sunrise though. Updating now. It had been a while since the last flight. I'll be ready for the next one.
gdp
2017-10-7
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-17 19:57
Also, you said firmware installed, you installed only from the app and not the SD card correct.
The Standard only updates form the app and you are not supposed to use the SD card.

I have been reading this thread and I have a P-3SE  will it UPdate from the DJI APP also ?   Thanks
2017-10-7
Use props
Panagiotis Bafi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6367011 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Zippo43 Posted at 2017-10-7 19:46
I have been reading this thread and I have a P-3SE  will it UPdate from the DJI APP also ?   Thanks

Had same issue on my Phantom 3 Adv. Have been switching batteries often lately. So problem is rather physical then technical. Simply cleaned battery connector pins on aircraft with alcohool cleaning solution carefurry. Since then battery connects perfectly well problem solved. .
2017-10-8
Use props
emptybutfull
New

Philippines

Hi all,

Good day. I would just like to ask assistance from you on how to troubleshoot my dji spark.

Here's what happened: I was having a test flight, then it safely and successfully landed on the ground. Few minutes of being idle in the ground while I'm browsing the DJI Go 4 app, the spark just automatically turned off. I initially thought that it is just in power saving mode but when I turn on the power again, the battery light indicators are on but the spark didn't start (no beep sound, no led lights). Then, when I try to charge it, the battery is not charging.

Can you please help me? I really appreciate it.
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

emptybutfull Posted at 2017-10-15 21:44
Hi all,

Good day. I would just like to ask assistance from you on how to troubleshoot my dji spark.

Could you please provide a video about the issue for better assistance? Besides, I would recommend you go to the Spark section and start a new thread to ask assistance, this is Phantom section.
2017-10-16
Use props
tzeseng_
lvl.1
Malaysia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-10-17 17:43
Press the button once (short press), press it again and hold it.  Don't just press and hold.

should update the tutorial video about this.
tutorial video didnt mention this detail step.
2018-1-29
Use props
fans6b544500
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-17 17:17
I'll help to check the way you turn on the battery.
Also,please make sure you have full charged the battery.

My P3S just flipped upside down and landed on its head and now it won't start up at all. No lights on the drone come on. Only the battery ones for about 5 seconds after they all light up. no motor chirps. One motor does jerk slightly but barely noticeable. When it crashed nothing broke. I've had it apart and everything looks perfect.
2018-3-14
Use props
fans6b544500
lvl.1

Mexico

fans6b544500 Posted at 2018-3-14 17:32
My P3S just flipped upside down and landed on its head and now it won't start up at all. No lights on the drone come on. Only the battery ones for about 5 seconds after they all light up. no motor chirps. One motor does jerk slightly but barely noticeable. When it crashed nothing broke. I've had it apart and everything looks perfect.

Please help ^^^^
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans6b544500 Posted at 2018-3-14 17:32

Sorry for the accident, I would recommend to contact our support team to start a ticket and send in the drone for diagnosis, if it is still in warranty period, we will help to make data analysis to find out the reason.
2018-3-16
Use props
fans6b544500
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-16 01:24
Sorry for the accident, I would recommend to contact our support team to start a ticket and send in the drone for diagnosis, if it is still in warranty period, we will help to make data analysis to find out the reason.

So have you heard of a phantom 3 not powering up? Power on and only One motor jerks, Then turns off completely? No advice?
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans6b544500 Posted at 2018-3-22 04:47
So have you heard of a phantom 3 not powering up? Power on and only One motor jerks, Then turns off completely? No advice?

Since the drone has been crashed, the flight performance and other function cannot be assured, I recommend to send in the drone for a thorough evaluation.
2018-3-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would try an IMU calibration...
2018-3-24
Use props
djiuser_xP2vKcP3OdsL
New

Someone help please. I just received my dji pro I have charged the battery and remote but the drone won't turn on. I tap power and press and hold and only the battery light flashes but no lights on the drone turn on. Also the battery has scratches underneath I wonder if I was sent a used battery p.
Someone please help
2018-9-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you charge the batteries? sorry couldn't help myself
2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_TgPCobjzjYmc
New

Trinidad and Tobago

Hi good day I change my body shell on my Phantom 4 and the phantom sound when I power it up does not come on all the lights are coming on an blinking but am not getting the sound cud u tell me what's the problem please
2018-11-9
Use props
djiuser_TgPCobjzjYmc
New

Trinidad and Tobago

Hi good day I change my body shell on my Phantom 4 and the phantom sound when I power it up does not come on all the lights are coming on an blinking but am not getting the sound cud u tell me what's the problem please
2018-11-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_TgPCobjzjYmc Posted at 11-9 12:51
Hi good day I change my body shell on my Phantom 4 and the phantom sound when I power it up does not come on all the lights are coming on an blinking but am not getting the sound cud u tell me what's the problem please

THe short answer is no. There is no way to know what happened when you opened the shell. Mostly likely there is a broken connection inside.
2018-11-9
Use props
luluimim
New

United States

shumanorganics Posted at 2016-10-17 19:24
Hi All, I have a new drone phantom 3 standard but can not get the motors to run. I had one before hit the command with both toggles in but this one will not run. All the dgi app works great , calibrated great, lights work fine ,camera. Everything good but the motors will not start. Batteries full charged, firm ware installed everything..... Please help before I return this thing. Thank you

Hi I am having the same problem.. Did you figure it out? My controllers are not being recognized. they turn on the drone knows it is on.. but the toggles will not start the drone and also when plugged in to the PC It does not recognize.  Anyone????
2019-6-29
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If your drone is linking with the controller then, with the drone off, switch the controller on and connect it to your phone or tablet. Start the Go app for your drone and have a look in the controller calibration menu, waggle the joysticks, does the image on your screen change in accordance with the movements of the joys stick ( lines of blue dots on mine which lengthen or shorten)?
Slowly move the joysticks to the motor start postions, again, does the image on your screen change in accordance with the movements of the joys stick?
I have a controller with which the output, shown on my screen, for the RH joystick SUDDENLY switches from 100% back to 100% forward. This happens once the 100% back reading has been reached and the joystick is moved beyond that point towards the "back" limit of its travel.
I can not, via the joysticks, start the motors of a linked drone with this controller BUT I can start those motors via the launch button on the screen of my phone or tablet. The drone then flies perfectly PROVIDING I do not exceed the 100% back position.
I suspect the problem lies in a sensor/potentiometer on the end of the forward/back pivot.
2019-6-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-30 12:17
If your drone is linking with the controller then, with the drone off, switch the controller on and connect it to your phone or tablet. Start the Go app for your drone and have a look in the controller calibration menu, waggle the joysticks, does the image on your screen change in accordance with the movements of the joys stick ( lines of blue dots on mine which lengthen or shorten)?
Slowly move the joysticks to the motor start postions, again, does the image on your screen change in accordance with the movements of the joys stick?
I have a controller with which the output, shown on my screen, for the RH joystick SUDDENLY switches from 100% back to 100% forward. This happens once the 100% back reading has been reached and the joystick is moved beyond that point towards the "back" limit of its travel.

"I can not, via the joysticks, start the motors of a linked drone with this controller BUT I can start those motors via the launch button on the screen of my phone or tablet."

Often that situation can be remedied by performing a calibration of the controller sticks.
2019-6-30
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Geebax, thanks but I tried that several times, unfortunately without success. That said having posted this, what's the betting that the next time it will work.
Is this 'switching' a common problem?
2019-6-30
Use props
Josephine Janette Delacruz
New

United States

My vivitar skyview drone wont turn on anymore it was working fine,untile one day it got stuck on my roof.mean i was trying to get to it.it just froze up on me full blast till i turned it off n it wont even start nomore
2021-7-29
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

I suggest you start a new thread in a different forum Josephine.
This forum is for DJI drones only, Phantom 3 Advanced & Pro.

TRY HERE
2021-7-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules